3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 05.12.21 12:13 am

The Witcher 3 is a point in the evolution of games. (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I apologize, I know that the topic is already rather clumsy, but I just can't help but write it here, and at the same time find out who thinks what about this. The point is this, the name of the topic is not my opinion, this is the opinion of two educated, adults from my work, they unanimously claim that The Witcher 3 turned out to be so masterpiece, so out of reach that with its release it completely crossed out all the games that came before it for all the time the gaming industry existed, and doomed to death and oblivion all the games that will come out after it, because it is impossible to create this twice, and it is impossible to surpass. Both say that from now on they do not expect any games, because they will all hang out somewhere "downstairs" and it makes no sense to play them. That The Witcher 3 is the end point in the evolution of games, the limit of development, there is nothing further.
Of course, I fell in love with this game very much, I think that The Witcher is really a masterpiece, one of the best games that I have played, and certainly one of the best games in the last few years, but what would be so much to be killed, with such fanaticism, and besides this game Not to admit anything and not to wait, I think that this is at least stupid.
I myself am the Witcher 3 weeks ago, two weeks ago, I am now calmly playing "Arma 3" and all in anticipation of "Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain", I am already shaking how I want to play it, I count the days until the release.
44 Comments
Sort by:
A
Anderby 05.12.21

And I don't give a damn about Witcher 3, I'm sitting, running Donkey Kong Country.

You idiots, each game is 10/10, Lord, close the game world.

P
Perdimonocles 05.12.21

I also thought so after passing the last of us,
but life did not stop after passing it, I continue to play further, but only now I became very picky about games

P
Pavel Tolkachev 05.12.21

maybe they will peck me now,
but I think the Witcher is a dull shit, I didn't
play a drop when I was still at 1, deleted it after half an hour, and with 3.
the same dull assassin, and that is more catchy.

but in general, I don't even remember the last time I played something really catchy

A
AT_Sagor 05.12.21

To be honest, I never saw anything so super-outstanding in The Witcher 3. The game individually fails on all counts, but in general it is much higher than average, which makes it a very, very good game. It's a pity, I really wanted her to hook and become a masterpiece, at least for me (others, more often, generally on the drum or worse), but no, something went wrong with her, at some stage I just got tired of playing it ...
So there is something to work on and something to improve.

s
saa0891 05.12.21

Well, how RPG is definitely not evolution, a good plot and quests, but pumping, replayability, classes, leave much to be desired, it will not be possible to pass it every time by a different Persian, in fact it will be the same gameplay, about some features I already did I’m not saying, it’s clear that we have a GG with a written history, but it’s not easier because of this, it was possible to make more of any abilities and branches of development. The world, to be honest, is quite empty, there are very few really interesting places for research, and the NPCs are full of idiots, absolutely not alive, you can't even enter into a dialogue with most of them, and even with the plot there are many flaws, you don't feel at all that there is a war going on, in the second part it was still better shown.
Although it must be admitted, the Poles have made a great game and have grown quite a lot in the game industry, if they go further in this direction, more than one masterpiece can be expected from them.

G
Gauguin 05.12.21

No, far from the point. The game takes only a plot, quests and characters, otherwise - a jamb on a jamb.

N
No more drugs 05.12.21

Good game. Knocked out a good ending. Yesterday I started to go to the max. difficulties in NG +, at the same time I still want to learn how to play gwent.

v
viktorvvv555 05.12.21

Ummm ... There is no limit to perfection! In the rpg genre, this game is hardly evolutionary, and even more so in the entire gaming industry

M
MunchkiN 616 05.12.21

graphically, the game is far from the limit of graphite, it will be more graphical further.
and physics will be more physical and will be aisney.

S
ShockBurst 05.12.21

The problem is that there are very, very few companies that make really good games ... And recently it has become a fashion in general to release raw and unfinished games ... If only to cut down the dough as soon as possible

_
_Irbis_ 05.12.21

What's really stupid is arguing about tastes. The Witcher, like any game, someone likes, someone does not.

A
A.Soldier of Light 05.12.21

The thing is, the title of the topic is not my opinion, this is the opinion of two educated, adults from my work, they unanimously claim that The Witcher 3 turned out to be so masterpiece, so out of reach, that with its release it completely crossed out all the games that came out before it.
I remember as one dude stated something similar about Unreal 2 =] I was praying for it!
Nothing, it goes away.

G
Gamer.in.UA 05.12.21

I would like to convey to the consciousness of some people that The Witcher is a game based on the book. Well, of course, almost everyone knows this, but since few people read books now, it will be difficult for many to understand the difference. Well, you liked a story, a story, you read it, then read the next one, it was also very cool, and so a couple of thousand pages. And all this time you imagined a huge world, interesting, detailed. wonderfully described; you met many characters, you liked someone, and someone was frankly annoying; you began to understand the character and behavior of the protagonist, did you agree or not with his choice, thought "how could it be different", and when the story ends, you understand how you will miss all this ... But in your memory you the faces of the characters remain (although you have never seen them), stories are funny and sad, and even whole quotes and phrases. And now, many years later, or not so, the story continues! It was invented by completely different people, told in a different form (a game, not a book), but it remained as you loved it. Games The Witcher 1, 2, 3 are high-quality and well-made projects, SDproject was done conscientiously and "with soul", they respected Sapkowski's universe, its fans, and in general any buyer of their brainchild (free DLS for several gigs from the first parts were! Yes, these guys need to erect a monument, and enroll in the face of the saints!). But when I play The Witcher, I don't get a gaming experience, I get something more. Those people who evaluate The Witcher as a simple RPG cannot get even a tenth of the pleasure that it can give. And so they need ska! and even whole quotes and phrases. And now, many years later, or not so, the story continues! It was invented by completely different people, told in a different form (a game, not a book), but it remained as you loved it. Games The Witcher 1, 2, 3 are high-quality and well-made projects, SDproject was done conscientiously and "with soul", they respected Sapkowski's universe, its fans, and in general any buyer of their brainchild (free DLS for several gigs from the first parts were! Yes, these guys need to erect a monument, and enroll in the face of the saints!). But when I play The Witcher, I don't get a gaming experience, I get something more. Those people who evaluate The Witcher as a simple RPG cannot get even a tenth of the pleasure that it can give. And so they need ska! and even whole quotes and phrases. And now, many years later, or not so, the story continues! It was invented by completely different people, told in a different form (a game, not a book), but it remained as you loved it. Games The Witcher 1, 2, 3 are high-quality and well-made projects, SDproject was done conscientiously and "with soul", they respected Sapkowski's universe, its fans, and in general any buyer of their brainchild (free DLS for several gigs from the first parts were! Yes, these guys need to erect a monument, and enroll in the face of the saints!). But when I play The Witcher, I don't get a gaming experience, I get something more. Those people who evaluate The Witcher as a simple RPG cannot get even a tenth of the pleasure that it can give. And so they need ska! years the story continues! It was invented by completely different people, told in a different form (a game, not a book), but it remained as you loved it. Games The Witcher 1, 2, 3 are high-quality and well-made projects, SDproject was done conscientiously and "with soul", they respected Sapkowski's universe, its fans, and in general any buyer of their brainchild (free DLS for several gigs from the first parts were! Yes, these guys need to erect a monument, and enroll in the face of the saints!). But when I play The Witcher, I don't get a gaming experience, I get something more. Those people who evaluate The Witcher as a simple RPG cannot get even a tenth of the pleasure that it can give. And so they need ska! years the story continues! It was invented by completely different people, told in a different form (a game, not a book), but it remained as you loved it. Games The Witcher 1, 2, 3 are high-quality and well-made projects, SDproject was done conscientiously and "with soul", they respected Sapkowski's universe, its fans, and in general any buyer of their brainchild (free DLS for several gigs from the first parts were! Yes, these guys need to erect a monument, and enroll in the face of the saints!). But when I play The Witcher, I don't get a gaming experience, I get something more. Those people who evaluate The Witcher as a simple RPG cannot get even a tenth of the pleasure that it can give. And so they need ska! but she remained the same as you loved her. Games The Witcher 1, 2, 3 are high-quality and well-made projects, SDproject was done conscientiously and "with soul", they respected Sapkowski's universe, its fans, and in general any buyer of their brainchild (free DLS for several gigs from the first parts were! Yes, these guys need to erect a monument, and enroll in the face of the saints!). But when I play The Witcher, I don't get a gaming experience, I get something more. Those people who evaluate The Witcher as a simple RPG cannot get even a tenth of the pleasure that it can give. And so they need ska! but she remained the same as you loved her. Games The Witcher 1, 2, 3 are high-quality and well-made projects, SDproject was done conscientiously and "with soul", they respected Sapkowski's universe, its fans, and in general any buyer of their brainchild (free DLS for several gigs from the first parts were! Yes, these guys need to erect a monument, and enroll in the face of the saints!). But when I play The Witcher, I don't get a gaming experience, I get something more. Those people who evaluate The Witcher as a simple RPG cannot get even a tenth of the pleasure that it can give. And so they need ska! and in general to any buyer of their brainchild (free DLS for several gigs from the first part were! Yes, these guys need to put a monument, and enroll in the face of the saints!). But when I play The Witcher, I don't get a gaming experience, I get something more. Those people who evaluate The Witcher as a simple RPG cannot get even a tenth of the pleasure that it can give. And so they need ska! and in general to any buyer of their brainchild (free DLS for several gigs from the first part were! Yes, these guys need to put a monument, and enroll in the face of the saints!). But when I play The Witcher, I don't get a gaming experience, I get something more. Those people who evaluate The Witcher as a simple RPG cannot get even a tenth of the pleasure that it can give. And so they need ska!

X
XCAL1BRUH 05.12.21

Gamer.in.UA
Sapkowski himself made sure that they did not screw it up. And I absolutely agree with what was said. I had the same feelings when I read A Song of Ice and Fire, The Lord of the Rings and other fantasy.
But the fact is that not all people think the same way. Those who shout everywhere that the Witcher is havno and is not needed are not wrong, but simply an uneducated bldl0 who does not consider someone else's opinion important if it is different from his own.
If you are a fan of this type of fantasy, the doctor ordered the books and games of the Witcher series for you. If not, pass by and don't waste time on hate comments. I hate Dota, but I don’t shout that it is havno at every corner.

p
protosMergen 05.12.21

I really like all the games in the Witcher series, but there are other great games: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, I'm waiting for her too

X
XCAL1BRUH 05.12.21

Podvipodvertov
Several years ago they said the same about GTA 5. And even earlier about Diablo 3. And there was also about Skyrim. Personally, I would also add Dark Souls 1 to the list, but it is not so popular. "There is no limit to perfection" they say for a reason. But everything converges to the fact that all such conversations are fixated on aspects: gameplay, quality of the open world, replayability, technical components (graphics, audio, etc.). At the same time, the most important question is always missed: will everyone like the setting and the genre? Some prefer swords and axes, others prefer lasers and blasters. Some prefer the distant past mixed with magic, others prefer science fiction about the distant future.
You won't please everyone, and no matter what some say about the fact that The Witcher 3 is the best game of all time, there will always be those who hate it.

W
Wild rider 05.12.21

alekszvorsk
"Sapkowski himself watched that they would not screw it up."
Yes, he did not follow. Neither the plot of the second, nor the plot of the third part. About the first: controversial information flashes in the net.

Podvipodvertov
"The Witcher 3 turned out to be so masterpiece, so inaccessible that with its release it completely canceled out all the games that came out before it during the entire existence of the gaming industry, and doomed to death and oblivion all the games that will come out after it."
Such a statement should be supported by something if they consider this opinion objective, otherwise it is fanaticism that will eventually pass.
At the moment I am replaying Wild Hunt, already trying to pay attention to many details, because the first time I just skimmed through the plot and missed out on the lion's share of the content. Only I am already playing at maximum difficulty. It has become more interesting, health is not restored, while saving food =) How I will survive in battles with bosses - I don't even know, probably all this will push me to a deeper study of alchemy.
But these are all little things. The plot is generally good, but so that I can say "wow!" after passing ... no, that didn't happen. Firstly, compared to part 1, there was no intrigue, no skeletons were prepared for us in the closet at the end. Everything was predictable. Secondly, for those who have read the saga, the very motivation of the main characters is by no means new. In theory, Geralt should have said to his girlfriend something like: "Damn, Ian, Destiny brings new surprises. We will run until old age and save our Ciri!" Well, you understand. Old bustle, as in the book.
But the very presentation of the plot, the script itself is done very well. The story with the Bloody Baron, the Mistresses is gorgeous, but in Novigrad I missed Dandelion's quests. Geralt's meeting with Ciri is great. The battle at Kaer Morhen is excellent. The game is cinematic, and it helps a lot to convey the feelings at some point in time and the character of the characters. There are ten. For a story-driven RPG that's good.
Now about the gameplay and immersion in the world. I liked the music very much. The world itself is beautiful, but a little boring. The cat burst into tears of random events (even in comparison with the RDR, there will be fewer of them). Here you come out of dialogue with some character and you see that this is just some kind of dummy. And all the other NPCs are also such dummies. This creates such a contrast between good and mediocre elaboration. In Skyrim, such a feeling did not arise, tk. you could chat with almost all NPCs, and all of them, by the way, were named.
For the sake of the plot and for the glory of Pan Sapkowski, the creators of the game limited the players in interaction with the outside world. It is impossible to arrange a total genocide in Novigrad, for example. Canon? Yes. Freedom? No. From this we conclude that already on this point the game cannot be perfect. It's the same with pumping. In fact, we play as a swordsman, but we are free only to choose how strong Geralt is in potions and magic at the same time. Again, let's remember what kind of pumping in the TEC and what we could do there, unlike the Witcher.
Another stone in the garden is the unfortunate import and the consequences of the decisions made in the previous parts. The Wild Hunt is essentially a standalone game, but I wanted to see a great end to the trilogy, which didn't happen. You can paint for a very long time ...
In general, not a game of the 21st century, as some would like to present it. But the game is worthy to be familiarized with even by people far from the RPG genre.

R
Reverrius 05.12.21

It's just that The Witcher 3 is a new benchmark for how the story, characters and side quests should be done in modern open world RPGs.

p
partizan2033 05.12.21

the plot in the game is at an average level, but the quests are well done (but not a masterpiece) (by a masterpiece I mean this type of tasks in the game that allow you to use your own ingenuity, as well as interaction with the environment and the use of the game's laws of physics); the game itself in general, it is above average, but there are many flaws; and I would also like to mention the Russian voice acting, very convenient; If the witcher is compared with the individual game masterpieces of each person (for me it is a stalker, metro, newvegas, moruwind, etc.), then the game is in this the list looks rather weak; and the new Batman is in no way inferior to the Witcher in playing quality

P
Playersaharan 05.12.21

partizan2033
Batman is in no way inferior? Yes Yes......