3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
marshallugntu 05.12.21 01:20 am

Does it make sense to replace the vidyuhi?

Good day to all. Old computer config (2011) - AMD Phenom II X4 945 3 GHz, Radeon HD 5770 1GB, 12 Gb RAM
I have been wanting a new computer for a long time, but with current prices it costs money. New sistemnik at least 40k.
Upgrading the processor is unrealistic, tk. there are no normal processors on AM3. And judging by the CPU load tests and vidyuhi, the card lacks power in games in the first place.
So, does it make sense to put the vidyuhu more powerful (if so, which one - so that with my processor it can be fully revealed)?
Or still score and take a new system player if possible?
77 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kosh13 05.12.21

marshallugntu
Heh. I had a similar configuration. Only with I5 750. First, I changed the 5770 to the GTX 670. Now it's 780. And the percent still lives on.
So change it calmly. You have a percentage like mine.

K
Kosh13 05.12.21

Oh yes. About the model. I think the best option here would be r9 280x

m
marshallugntu 05.12.21

Kosh13 The
Witcher 3 did not try to run on 780? how many frames are interesting. on my current config 20-23

K
Kosh13 05.12.21

marshallugntu
Everything flies at maximum speed in all games. I don’t bother about the number of frames. Comfortable to play means I play. But obviously more than 30.
The only problem remained with Unity. Why does it feel like screensavers on the game engine run at 30 fps. Well, the spell slows down for obvious reasons.

m
marshallugntu 05.12.21

Kosh13 is
understandable, thanks for the advice;)

K
Kosh13 05.12.21

marshallugntu
What 780 do you want for yourself?

M
MunchkiN 616 05.12.21

you can take vidyuhi with a margin because vidyuhi do not often change here. and a year later, tighten the new CPU,
and I don’t even know what this CPU can do in modern graphic games, most likely it will only reveal something of the level of 680-780 zhyfors in baking 1080p

m
marshallugntu 05.12.21

Kosh13
yes no, most likely something is cheaper :)

K
Kosh13 05.12.21

marshallugntu
Well, that would be better.
I used the 670 and was pleased. But little by little the settings had to be shifted from the maximum towards the average.
Then I started thinking to change not to change. But I feel there is still potential in the processor. I changed it to 780 and made the right decision.
Will your better pull at first to check and feel on something weaker.
Although I think 280x will still be the best option.

m
marshallugntu 05.12.21

MunchkiN 616
with a margin I do not even know. but those two I will look at the prices! and what amd analogs?

v
vvvjust 05.12.21

marshallugntu
You have a processor * frankly * shit !!! You buy yourself a GTX960, for example, but it will work 60-70 percent. And in general, AMD is not suitable for gaming platforms, even the simplest i5 will follow the top-end from AMD on all fronts.

v
vvvjust 05.12.21

MunchkiN 616
you can take a vidyuhi with a margin, because vidyuhi don't often change here. and a year later to tighten the new cpu
and so I don’t even know what this cpu can do in modern graphic games, most likely it will reveal only something of the 680-780 level in baker's 1080p.

If you don’t know, then don’t say any nonsense! This processor will never reveal a video card of the 680 level, and even more so 780, even if it is overclocked to 5GHz. These two vidyuhi will work at 50 percent at best! Architecture is shit in the first place!

m
marshallugntu 05.12.21

vvvjust
thanks for the authoritative comment.
"Anyway, AMD is not suitable for gaming platforms, even the simplest i5 will be the top one from AMD on all fronts."
Yesterday, on the basics of computer science, did they tell you this?;)

v
vvvjust 05.12.21

marshallugntu
yesterday on the basics of computer science is telling you ?;)

Ay-ay-ay, even to say thank you for the good advice! I myself have been working with hardware for 10 years, testing, etc. So when I had a Phenom II x4 955 overclocked to 4 + 560Ti, this vidyuha already worked at 70-80%. For comparison - at that time NFS Shift 2 had 40-50 frames on average, after replacing it with i5 - the number of frames exceeded 60! And there are a lot of such examples! If you are so offended by my phrase * You have a processor * frankly * crap * then I apologize, but it really is! This morally obsolete stone cannot even overclock the vidyuhi of its time to the fullest, what then can we say about new video cards? NOTHING!!!

M
MunchkiN 616 05.12.21

marshallugntu
for radeon it will be roughly from 79xx to 290 very roughly and excluding all sorts of 285 about which I know little
vvvjust
one 680 is roughly 20 fps in modern games with modern resolution. wfff where not to open
690 with fx6100, it was easily wrapped in a tube with fulchd.

especially since here I have one friend pitch, it seems like they are hanging on the 7950 and it works in his pedmack 3 completely, judging by the screenshots, but in all sorts of assassins, it’s probably already not
like that

K
Kosh13 05.12.21

marshallugntu
In short, try something in between.
What is your budget?

m
marshallugntu 05.12.21

vvvjust
for what advice? I saw only shit in your comment. even in the presence of streams of shit (and after all, I immediately indicated that the iron is old, therefore, your dear friend seems to have developed an inferiority complex while you worked there for 10 years) there was no advice on further actions and, in fact, there was no question.

m
marshallugntu 05.12.21

Kosh13
hell knows. just reflections on the topic. what time the upgrade can take) otherwise, on the one hand, you want to take the car on credit on the next summer, but then the new sistemnik is questionable, or the car can be postponed a little. xs in general. I think that's why I advise :)

m
marshallugntu 05.12.21

vvvjust
I repeat once again, with my vidyuha - the processor load is much less than that of vidyuhi. 50-70% of the percentage, 99 - video. so I think my question was logical, right?

K
Kosh13 05.12.21

marshallugntu
Look for a secondary. Maybe you're lucky.
I was lucky, I took 780 for "only" 16.