3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Made of metal 08.12.21 02:20 am

Two Worlds 2 vs Arcania: Gothic 4 (Two Worlds 2)

Well, with this topic I open the confrontation between Two Worlds 2 and Arcania on PG) I created the previous topic about "Will there be that Worlds 2 on the damage of the Arkasha" when I was not yet sure about the "steepness" of the two worlds II. Now I am sure of it: ) We write your opinions, which game is best for you and why, plus vote for the games, and I will follow this.
PS If someone doesn’t like that I’m doing versus too early, then I explain that this topic was created for the future, whoever doesn’t like it should not write in it. And whoever wants to, let him write in it, now you can)

Votes for games:
TW2: 10
A: G4 0
95 Comments
Sort by:
m
mackgod 08.12.21

P.S. You can compare these two games only because their release dates coincided ...
I agree!
It is worth comparing solely because of the simultaneity of the announcement ...
I was a big fan of 1 Gothic. Well, the second and the third also clung ... But there were a lot of bugs, problems with completing quests (AI often did not take items or after completing the quest did not mark it as completed) ... I remember the third pleased with the graphics at THAT moment.
Arkania is not gothic. This is slag. Not high quality, linear. Small world, poor set, uninteresting hero leveling, buying magic, movement restrictions and a lot of bugs. The picture is at an average level, optimization is 7-8 out of 10 ... Even those goodies that were in 3 parts like forging metal, roasting meat, stews, sleeping ... Nothing happened! Are the Americans really so stupid that they are only interested in linearity, simplicity and the absence of the need to think during the passage of the plot ?! (since Arkania in the marketing plan was designed for Americans) In general, little joyful. I regretted more than once that I took litsuha (I'm not a pedant, but I take my favorite games in a license solely for the sake of supporting sales and hopes for a quality continuation).
Bumped into TW for the first time a couple of years ago. Accidentally at a stall with 100r discs) I took it, put it on ...
It was interesting to run for the first 2-3 hours. The plot was predictable. The enemy is dumb. Graphics are not up to par. In general, Uninstal was guaranteed to her, due to the presence of Gothic thirds ...
2010 broke out and two worlds can be called the killer of Gothic and the king of their genre.
What's in it? HUGE locations (to be honest, I thought that the whole game would take place on the first and second island and it seemed to me more than joyful in comparison with arcania), crowds of opponents, excellent balance, rich magic, great picture, INSANE completion of many quests, single-boot mode, HORSE (extremely useful, especially pleased with the race for kumis)), the widest choice of weapons pleasing more and more as you progress, the variety of the enemy is generally excellent, high-quality, beautiful game. worth the time spent on it.

I
Iotar 08.12.21

Arkania in the marketing plan was designed for the Americans)
This is how the developers cover up their inability to create more or less interesting gameplay with the need to take into account the interests of the "poor overseas simpletons."
Are Americans really that stupid?
They say that Americans think the same about Europeans :) The stupidity of Americans, in my opinion, is a myth, although their preferences in games are certainly different. After all, the reviewers there did not like Arkania, to put it mildly ...

m
mackgod 08.12.21

The stupidity of Americans, in my opinion, is a myth, although their preferences in games are certainly different. After all, the reviewers there did not like Arkania, to put it mildly ....
Alas, not a myth.
USA
Average IQ: 103.44
Russia
Average IQ: 110.46
so in spite of highly specialized education from adolescence, our system is still better) Not the point ...
Objectively: who buys the most? Gold shopper - the concept of a teenager willing to pay just to have fun. Why would he think about how to complete a quest that requires searching and logical reasoning? Action and more!
It's a pity that it happened. I look forward to the Witcher ...

M
Most most 08.12.21

TuWords2 +9
Arkania +4

S
SAORGA 08.12.21

Two Worlds 2 is ten times better than this wretched Arcania. Arkania loses on all counts.

D
DevenFist 08.12.21

The Gothic was made by the Germans, the two worlds by the Poles. What have the Americans got to do with it?

M
Mountain_King 08.12.21

And the Americans are blamed :)

J
Jackson [x] 08.12.21

What have the Americans got to do with it? -Hate from wretchedness ...
By sabzh: Two Worlds are always better than Gothic.

N
Nevalator 08.12.21

I like the first TW and 1-3 Gothic. If you put all the patches on 3 Gothic, the game is good. And the main thing is long. I've played it more than once. 4 is no longer Gothic. The game is small, you can't do anything in it. You can't sleep, swim and so on. Come into the house and take what you want in front of the owner. And the characters are all the same. no additional quests, instead they were forced to collect artifacts of 30 pieces. And Two Worlds 2 - I liked how someone said - the quote "Two Worlds 2 is a balm for the soul of players after Gothic 4." If they really want Gothic 5, let them do Piranhas. And I'm also waiting for Two Worlds 3 and Risen 2 and the Witcher 2.

M
Mr. Illusion 08.12.21

Nevalator
Fair!
I'm for TW 2

G
GeZa 08.12.21

Definitely Two Worlds 2 is many times better. Arcania into the firebox.

N
Nevalator 08.12.21

It's a shame! But many were waiting for Gothic 4. I think if they had not quarreled there, the 4th part was done by Piranha. It would be nice. I think they learned their own lesson after mistakes with part 3. And they didn't release the unfinished Gothic. How can you delegate making a game to someone who has no idea about it.

x
x_Alan_Wake_x 08.12.21

I am for Arkania, only yesterday passed and I liked it, despite the fact that I never played the previous parts

t
tabak96 08.12.21

Arcania 4 is viser of the year, and Two Worlds 2 is RPG of the year for me. I'm for Two Worlds 2

R
Ryan Cooper 08.12.21

Hleyrd Kaldt Lys
Gothic 3 is the last milking game from piranha, the game was released too early and raw and because of this someone is shielding it this game is shit, but arcania is definitely garbage 💩 I went through it for the sake of the plot, the plot of the norms