3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
schta 09.12.21 01:01 am

Recommend a pet for a child

The heir asks for a cat / dog / hamster / guinea pig / parrot / etc. I have reason to doubt his responsibility. Therefore, I do not allow a number of pets to him. Although in order to instill in the heir a sense of responsibility, the need for care, etc., it would not be bad to provide him with the opportunity to take care of a pet.

Which animal is more resilient in "communicating with children", while less demanding in terms of care and nutrition? What do you advise?
48 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vanya Rygalov 09.12.21

How old is the prince-heir?

Y
Youxyxol 09.12.21

Aquarium fish are unpretentious, you do not need to walk with them, they do not shit in the apartment, there are no allergies, but the associated costs, such as an aquarium and equipment, are quite high. You need to feed 1 - 2 times a day, cleaning the aquarium once a month, if the volume is up to 30 liters, the larger the volume, the less often you need to clean it.

S
Sheff322 09.12.21

pig / hamster / rat.

r
rPeBoJL 09.12.21

boa constrictor, kangaroo, porcupine

g
grafonoman 09.12.21

s
schta 09.12.21

Vanya Rygalov
10 and a half.

Vychuchol
with the aquarium is also a problem, because in addition to the older one, there is also a small one, which will certainly do something wrong with the aquarium. In addition, aquarium fish do not have as pronounced "feedback" as, for example, a dog. The aquarium is rather a decorative element. xs.
But thanks for the thought, buddy, keep the plus in karma.

Sheff322
If you start a pig, a hamster, a rat, then only to educate your wife with these terrible monsters. she is afraid of them. woman w.

Grevol
is too.

This is what I'm thinking about.
1) a child's best friend is a dog. Even Carlson knows about it. The dog is perfect in every way except for the grooming regimen. Walking, cleaning, estrus, feeding, etc. I am almost sure that the child is not ready for such a regime, due to his childhood. I don't want to torment the dog because of this.

2) Cat / rabbit. Feed / train / clean. Less hassle. But his "mimicry" will let him down. Small ones will torment him simply.

3) A parrot or other feathered chirping living creatures in a cage. We need to feed something. "Feedback" is weaker, because you can't play with your hands with it.

The more demanding animals to care for have a high risk of living in stress, surrounded by children. Or die suddenly from improper feeding and non-observance of other conditions.

Difficult choice.

S
Sheff322 09.12.21

schta
you contradict yourself The
heir asks for a cat / dog / hamster / guinea pig / parrot / etc.

s
schta 09.12.21

Sheff322
What is my contradiction? it asks - I do not allow for the reasons stated above.

S
Sheff322 09.12.21

schta
me every quote or what?
Which animal is more resilient in "communicating with children", while less demanding in terms of care and nutrition?
It is necessary to immediately write a list of those whom you do not want to see on the list, or do people need to read their thoughts ?!

s
schta 09.12.21

Sheff322 hmmm
.. maybe I didn't put it very well.

S
Sheff322 09.12.21

schta is the
easiest parrot, but the pleasure from it is almost zero (for a child).

B
Blood suslik 09.12.21

Ferret!

B
Blood suslik 09.12.21

He sleeps all day, only wakes up to feed

r
rPeBoJL 09.12.21

M
Maxis1977 09.12.21

give a monkey

Y
Youxyxol 09.12.21

schta
Hmm, there was no mention of the younger one, that's why I suggested it, actually.
A turtle can?

s
schta 09.12.21

Blood Suslik
I read a couple of articles about decorative ferrets. At first glance, this is a perfectly reasonable solution. Thank you. keep two pluses in karma))

V
Vanya Rygalov 09.12.21

schta
About ferrets. You should not experiment with wild animals, especially if one of the prospective participants is the prince-heir.
Cats (better cats), dogs, canaries - our everything. Russian, proven over the centuries.

s
schta 09.12.21

Vanya Rygalov
I don’t argue about experiments with children and animals. One of the solutions is to just wait until the little thing grows up and after a couple of years take a mongrel kitten (male) from the village.

W
Wing42 09.12.21

Young children are irrationally cruel, so I don't recommend having any kind of beast. Have pity on your nerves and little animal.