3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Marquess 25.12.21 09:41 pm

People who are not given math skills are idiots?

That people who are not given mathematical ability are idiots. It's right? Like a mathematician - the queen of sciences and all that. What do you think about this?

I, for example, am more powerful in literature and languages. I’m just a friend of a banter that I don’t understand Mathematics. He himself studies in a technical field, where physics and mathematics predominate (I do not remember which faculty)
51 Comments
Sort by:
H
Harbinger 25.12.21

Yes

G
GTAman 25.12.21

I was good with math, but it seems to be an idiot anyway. So don’t be discouraged if you don’t understand math.

M
Mindless self indulgence 25.12.21

Your friend is just the same idiot if he considers those who are at odds with the matan, idiots.

L
LightHOwUSE 25.12.21

In general, the concept of "idiot" is very relative and, as it seems to me, is more often applied not to people, but to situations) A person who explains something elementary to another for three hours, in his understanding, may well exclaim "here, an idiot." Although, the one to whom they are explaining can also sigh: "idiot", because he cannot explain in an accessible way. Moreover, the first one can be excellent at something applied in the field of mathematics, and the second one will be a talented artist, or a writer)

I spent a lot of time with mathematics, but I still cannot say that I know her. It may be possible to know it if you go through all the volumes of Smirnov) And then, tomorrow something will turn, and mathematics, like physics, will become prehistoric delirium, in view of new facts or circumstances))

G
Gеmini 25.12.21

idiotic theme

R
Ripper man 25.12.21

I can't count the usual numbers, let's say 14-6, or 44-17, in the sixth grade I could, but then I forgot how.

S
SkyGame 25.12.21

I am not a mathematician at all, I just did not understand how from the equation in which the letters x, y, z can be somehow solved, I remember from the bulldozer I wrote solutions in the same x, y, z
abilities in mathematics is from nature or from pedigree

P
Portmen 25.12.21

SkyGame
ability in mathematics is from nature or from pedigree
Mathematics is logic and it does not depend on nature and even more so pedigree, since logic can be developed to solve a problem in mathematics, you need to understand how it is solved, and of course you need to know the formulas, well and I remember myself from school, it's worth skipping a few topics and that's it, forget about mathematics, since you need to study it strictly in order.

G
Grimreaper 25.12.21

A lot of people can be killed with the help of mathematics. So this is important.

F
Frost norde 25.12.21

There are people to whom exact sciences are not given, but they can boast of other abilities, for example, the ability to draw or create music. Personally, I have never been attracted to mathematics - it is too difficult for my understanding.

W
WarlokIII 25.12.21

Bad topic, straight stupid ...
Why do we need mathematics in our everyday life?
Calculating the salary, calculating the area of ​​the land plot, the volume of the thermopot, well, just to be sure that we are not deprived and robbed, all this requires a couple of formulas, and what for a person to solve the kilometer equations to find unknown zakaryuk is unknown.
That is why after the 9th grade there are several ways of further development:
1) Go to sharaga, well, after becoming a successful businessman
2) Go further to grades 10.11 to the humanities
3) .............. ................................. to natural science
4) ............ ................................... on general education
5) and if you are especially fond of mathematics, or in further education in universities you will need mathematics in an extended form, then you go to physics and mathematics.
All that an ordinary person needs to know in mathematics is taught until the 9th grade, well, a couple more, in principle, useful formulas are also in the general educational form of education in the 10th and 11th grade.
The rest is needed by engineers, programmers and others.
One can live without knowledge of higher mathematics, but without general mathematics it is impossible.

m
mrTrauberg 25.12.21

Mathematics is not only about formulas and constants. This is the ability to see patterns, knowledge of the basics of logic, etc. Among my acquaintances, this thesis is probably true. Those who do not fumble in mathematics are usually dumb in life.
PS: I am not claiming that there is some kind of regularity between knowledge of mathematics and idiocy. Certain predispositions to the exact / humanities are different for everyone. But still, IMHO, this is an important indicator. At least, I have never met a really smart person who would be zero in mathematics.

R
RussianQuaker 25.12.21

In short, the development should be harmonious: to be able to calculate mathematics, and to quickly get out of different situations, and the enemy should be seen in time.

R
RafPayne3 25.12.21

Why idiots? Not idiots. In general, I'm not good at mathematics. I cannot calculate 387-256 without a leaflet. although I will count 2 hours with a leaf. for that if you need to come up with some kind of plot (no matter what, for games, films, performances, books), then this is possible for me. Of course I won't write a masterpiece, but something will happen. so we are not idiots.

r
rPeBoJL 25.12.21

floor it is necessary! how sotonyuge bans are good

A
A.Soldier of Light 25.12.21

Not when the cashier counts simple things on the calculator, it's certainly stupid) I saw this. For example, adding two-digit numbers. The cashier should do it mentally, otherwise it's a shame ...

Are people who are not given mathematical abilities - idiots?
Well, probably not, based on the definition of the term "idiot"))
To each his own. One is interested in programming, another is interested in botany or zoology. Everyone's personal preferences. Obvious things. Locked topic? )

G
Gauguin 25.12.21

Not that ... Mathematics promotes the development of abstract and logical thinking, and also increases the speed of thought. It may not be given to people who have developed exclusively creative thinking.

B
Balda716 25.12.21

these are different stylists, they are hairdressers ... their hands are loose ... and they themselves are like on hinges ... they love bright outfits ...

I
IAMBOY 25.12.21

Marquess
Generally speaking, it's a sin to judge anyone. Let everyone live his own life and follow it, then there would be more order on earth. And so ... everyone has their own preferences and their own way.

k
kile [Natural Sick] 25.12.21

I have never met smart people without a talent for mathematics.