3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Marquess 25.12.21 09:41 pm

People who are not given math skills are idiots?

That people who are not given mathematical ability are idiots. It's right? Like a mathematician - the queen of sciences and all that. What do you think about this?

I, for example, am more powerful in literature and languages. I’m just a friend of a banter that I don’t understand Mathematics. He himself studies in a technical field, where physics and mathematics predominate (I do not remember which faculty)
51 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nervios 25.12.21

Why mathematics? There is also physics without it, too, not where!
And so all this nonsense, each person has their own special abilities in life. For example, I didn't understand mathematics and physics at all, but I learned chemistry normally even at school I learned the whole fucking periodic table according to the school curriculum. Someone is smart, someone is stupid, someone works in the police, someone steals, and so on and etc.)))))) And in general, a lot depends on the teachers, I came across a normal chemistry teacher .....))

S
SP-minus 25.12.21

since the majority in the country cannot really read (understanding the meaning of what they read), write (competently and legibly) and count (since they are mired in loans), then the conclusion about the majority is obvious

V
Verzor 25.12.21

No.
First, an idiot is a person suffering from a deep form of mental retardation (oligophrenia) - idiocy. Are all humanitarians mentally retarded?
Secondly, I also did not see people (excluding, of course, idiots) who are not given mathematical abilities.
And, as correctly written above, smart people still know mathematics, albeit not at a high level. Those who do not know her simply skipped her (well, or maybe in rare cases there were objective reasons).

PS As Lomonosov once said: "Mathematics must then be taught, that it puts the mind in order."

S
SАLEM 25.12.21

PS As Lomonosov once said: "Mathematics must then be taught, that it puts the mind in order."
Copernicus worked for a century,
To prove the earth's rotation.
Fool, he'd better get drunk,
Then everything would be in motion.

7Rain7 25.12.21

People without mathematical ability)))

G
Garrus-1994 25.12.21

I think it will be appropriate here:
"I mastered theology I pored
over philosophy I hammered
Jurisprudence
And studied medicine
However, I
was and remained a fool with everything " (Goethe "Faust")
PS. I knew matan average. 4 and received a certificate. He knew trigonometry, logarithms and integrals. He knew how to solve biquadratic equations, although the teacher did not teach us this, but you could have such tasks in the "C" part of the exam. I did not understand geometry at all. I can tell the theorem "how to drink to give", but to decide something, at hell. At the university in matan I understood only matrices, for they are really simple. I knew how to solve linear optimization models, mainly in a graphical version, I knew how to solve, well, that's all my knowledge. I will not master mathematical analysis for sure, and I have no desire, tk. I'm generally a humanist))
And well, I can't count in my mind) Somehow it doesn't work, but on a piece of paper in a swoop: D

7Rain7 25.12.21

Garrus-1994
Nobody cares

G
Garrus-1994 25.12.21

7Rain7
No doubt about it.

P
Podvipodvertov 25.12.21

I don't know mathematics well, I almost don't know at all, the maximum that I can count in my head is, for example, 130 + 54. Above is only a calculator, I'm not talking about multiplication at all. I graduated from school a long time ago, then there was a technical school, did not study here or there, walked, boozed, had fun with friends. Now it’s a normal job, I don’t have to be a big shot, a businessman, I don’t see a lot of money, etc. And I don’t care if I could return the time back, I would have lived the same way, I don’t regret anything.

7Rain7 25.12.21

Garrus-1994
And that's sad.

G
Garrus-1994 25.12.21

7Rain7
Why?