3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
shishkebangi 14.02.22 10:19 pm

When did you get your first computer?

My first personal computer appeared in the year 96-97 (I was 6-8 years old then), for some reason the name flew out of my head (although I always remembered it very well), but I remember exactly that at startup, DOS was launched first, and then from under it we launched Windows 3.1 (not 95 for sure) and such games as "Dangerous Dave in the Haunted Mansion" and many others, he stayed with us for a long time, somewhere before the release of Vice City on PC in Russia, because it was the first game on a PC with a CD drive) UPD remembered, the percent was DX486) UPD UPD: write more about the first games on PeKa, mine, for example, "Dangerous Dave in the Haunted Mansion" as I already mentioned, I don’t remember the rest by name, I remember just playing an action game like Duke Nukem in 1991
65 Comments
Sort by:
S
SevDelta 14.02.22

Well done, amused the old man))))))

Now it’s completely different to play on the emulator, there is no interest. I agree, except for the DOS emulator, Crusader no Remorse, Crusader no Regret - these games have sunk deep into my soul.

J
Jackson[x] 14.02.22

SevDelta
Like this video?
I agree, except for the DOS emulator - Naturally, I meant various emulators for video set-top boxes. Although on the third day the Terminator Redemption passed on the GameCube emulator, a kosher game, it went almost without jambs and on the keyboard.
And DosBox is a theme, thanks to him Blood works great on the new Axes.

S
SevDelta 14.02.22

Jackson[x]
I remember Blood, played, passed, a beautiful game for those times, there were a lot of things in the game from other games and films, but the most memorable moment for me is when I found a frozen Jack Torrance with an ax in his hands.

J
Jackson[x] 14.02.22

I remember Blood, played, passed, a beautiful game for those times - Yes, even now it is cooler in terms of dynamics than what comes out. And Blood's multiplayer is still unsurpassed. That's what I understand Dezmatch, and Codes and Batelfield so, for those who don't know Blood. Although Batelfield is a team, as a team it may not be bad, but I love every man for himself. The new ShadovVorior pleased, much better than the original.

S
SevDelta 14.02.22

Jackson[x]
Did you play Witchaven and Witchaven 2: Blood Vengeance?

J
Jackson[x] 14.02.22

No, I didn’t play it, but I liked the video, I need to download it

l
lol4to 14.02.22

the first computer, as I remember, appeared in 2003, my father brought a monitor 15 * and pentium mmx 128 of RAM 10 gigabytes of RAM from the warehouse, but the name of the vidyukha was 3 mb, first DOS was on it and then the computer died out and in the year 2005 in January after the repair, a friend of my father shoved a 20 gigabyte hard drive in there and set it to 98 exx. I remember playing DooM 1 and 2 and it was sickly at the sight of cyber demons, but 2 days later, when they brought us a computer, my father and older brother brought a new computer Celeron 3 GHz 512 ram 60 GB HDD and I can not say for sure vidyuha 256 meters PCI Express! and as time went on, another 512 meters of RAM and 512 MB ddr2 128 bit ex were added and it worked until the end of August 2011

D
Dakota 14.02.22

In February 2001
pentium3 650mhz
256 mb RAM
voodoo 4 32 mb
20 GB hdd
A year later games started to slow down because of vidyuhi, most but not all, then there was already gefors2 gts 32mb.

Z
Zlatoust17 14.02.22

September 2004

R
Rouwer 14.02.22

BrainKiller
Ha! I have the same one)
It was only bought in 2004 somewhere

M
MassChester87 14.02.22

Somewhere in 2002-2003. Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz with Hyper Threading, GeForce 4 MX 64Mb, 256 Mb RAM, Albatron PX865PE motherboard, HDD Samsung 82 Gb. And now it works with Windows 7, although I added 1 Gb of RAM and changed the video card in it to the Radeon 9600 XT. Now I put the GigaByte GA-8IPE1000-G motherboard to check and it also works well.
Spoiler

G
Game of Thrones 14.02.22

MassChester87
Well done. Respect and Respect.

M
MassChester87 14.02.22

Kill Brick
Thank you) I love tinkering with hardware.

D
DiskJak 14.02.22

My family lived in poverty, until 2008 I played dandy.
And at the end of 2008, my parents managed to borrow a computer for me.
Now I don’t remember the components of my first computer, but the guys who brought me to install a PC from the computer center gave me a novelty of that year and my very first game, and now this is my favorite game, of course it’s Mass Effect.
True, a month later I had to take it for repairs, but when they repaired such games as GTA: SA, Hitman: Blood Money, BloodRayne appeared on the PC ... I don’t remember the other two games.
Such good-natured people then worked)). Then I bought pirated games for 150 rubles, I didn’t know that there were licensed games, I found out only when I got the Internet in 2012.

T
Tunngle 14.02.22

In 2003, when I went to first grade)
Stump 4 Stone Celeron 2 GHz overclocked to 3.1 - The video card at first was 64 video memory, then changed to Radeon with 128 video - games have already gone more seriously ... like Flatout 2 and Monster Jam
I almost forgot to mention the RAM, 256 RAM was often written in the system requirements

_
__DOC__ 14.02.22

Unfortunately, I didn’t mark it in any way, this event in life. Now it’s already the 5th computer (not counting a lot of ups for each), and the 1st has sunk into oblivion, I don’t remember. I remember that I started with Radeons (by cards), but with The desire to bet Cross got so much headache that he switched from red to green forever and SLI is now with me, and makes me happy.

f
fantasy cat 14.02.22

In 2006.
The Sims 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey did well on it.
The computer was shared with my younger brother, it was a good time :)
Later, in 2009, I got another computer, which was subsequently updated, as a result, only speakers remained from the assembly of 2009 :)

v
vladvrn 14.02.22

My first computer appeared in the 90s .. 386 series
processor 33 MHz memory 2-4 mb ... hard disk 40 mb cd drive was not only the drive worked computer from dos os then assembled 486 computer with cd drive ... ..computers weren't sold in stores back then....and, well, I was slowly updating my computer...purchased components on the radio market...tried everything from wasps ..starting from DOS...win 3.1...win 95.... .win 98....win millenium....winx xp ...win 7 ....win10

X
XOPSS 14.02.22

Celeron 1.2 Ghz
128 Mb RAM
GeForce 2 mx400 64 mb
Hitachi 20Gb

k
kurskiy 14.02.22

In 1999. The first "stump", 100 Mhz, the rest matches.