3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
<
glo 24.02.22 06:12 pm

Optimization (Elden Ring)

As a matter of fact, yesterday there was an event of Elden Ring in collaboration with the power engineer Red Bull, this event played a large number of streamers, including a streamer (moderator, who did modding tools for each of the parts of the ds). Many of the streamers played the PC version of the game and as it turned out the game suffers from constant microfreezes (at the moment it is not known what caused this - whether it is a problem with the compilation of shaders on the Dx12 version of the game, which is quite easy to fix, or because of the new anti-cheat system that was introduced into the game). Plus a few reddit splitters write that two days before the release, will be added (as is the case with daing light 2, but that's not yet accurate). Plus there is no support for DLSS and AMD FSR, there is no support for ultra-wide monitors (most likely because of the new anti-cheat there will not even be a mod that will fix this problem, because modding for Elden Ring is hell - at least so says Lance McDonald = one of the main moderators of all souls communities, who also confirmed the problem of microfreezes on his yesterday's stream). Plus maybe the game has a memory leak, because several streamers, including Asmongold, have the game hardcracked the computer several times.
101 Comments
Sort by:
g
gloccc 25.02.22

Erether
To be precise, he has two top PCs = one for streaming and the second from which he plays and there is an rtx 3090 ryzen 5950x and 64 gigabytes of RAM. Plus, if you watch a couple more clips, then one will be with a PC hardcrash during the game, which indicates a memory leak (especially since two more streamers had it)

n
nighthawkreal 25.02.22

Protocol10
The game had to be extensively tested and optimized for this, but Fromes were busy tweaking it for the PS4.

n
nighthawkreal 25.02.22

Kostya_Evd
If they make a sequel, they might roll out like Horizon.

K
Kostet12 25.02.22

There may still be problems in Ryazan, which is worse than Intel in games, so it's normal!

g
gloccc 25.02.22

Kostet12
He has the top Ryazan9-5950x, which is second only to Intel i9-12900k. So it's not about the processor.

K
Kostet12 25.02.22

gloccc
the point is that processors work differently, in games there can be friezes precisely because of instructions, INTEL is always better than Ryazan here! 12700k itself has no problems anywhere else! AMD will always remain a workhorse, not a game horse!

K
Kostet12 25.02.22

gloccc
and test games mainly on Intel

_
_Mahoney_ 25.02.22

Kostet12
Nonsense froze!!!

V
Victor 25.02.22

Kostya_Evd
And what's the difference from the start or not? Moreover, there is too much noise around the game, IMHO not for good.

PS From souls games with PC, try the third one, as advised above, in my opinion it is inferior to the first one in some moments, but in general it is played much more pleasantly.

K
Kostet12 25.02.22

_Mahoney_
games on intel have always worked much better, bullshit in your head!

_
_Mahoney_ 25.02.22

Kostet12
Say also that their instructions are different), the game hasn’t even been released yet, all streamers have experienced problems, no matter what builds, before throwing such statements, it is advisable to back them up with evidence, and not in the spirit, “I’m a couch analyst, I said so, so so ", the problem is in the game itself, with a patch at launch it will be all solved, since they asked the news publisher to wait with the tests until the patch of the first day, then the problem has already been solved.

a
affect77 25.02.22

In general, you need to wait for patches that will tighten up the optimization, sometimes drops up to 45 fps, although the hardware does not strain at all.

z
zero sleep 25.02.22

_Mahoney_
The patch is out. Zero sense

a
azazello777 25.02.22

Oh, my old man 4790 is in action, I saw him working out with a little man, so you can join the game. And then there were no doubts, it’s actually less than stated in the mine requirements (I suspected that they banged them with a margin)

Y
YourFolder 25.02.22

Where is everyone? Do you have a chele game flying? She's not playable at all.

C
Caliscan 25.02.22

Your Folder
Yes, it seems to be playable, there are friezes, but still tolerable. I won't throw away because of them.

K
KUBA1ST 25.02.22

Hello everyone .. who knows how to change the Russian language? or my skis do not go

I
InboxM 25.02.22

Optimization could be better. Config in pprofile. The video card is underloaded at certain points. At high 40-60 fps, at maximum it is less comfortable. However playable in general.

K
Kartonkratos 25.02.22

KUBA1ST
Find the steam_emu file in the root folder of the game, open it with notepad and find the line language=english, and rename it to russian!

r
rush0 25.02.22

KUBA1ST
Public edition or or license?