3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
medyakov2 25.02.22 05:46 pm

Disappearing NPCs (Elden Ring)

Hello, I ran into the problem of disappearing NPCs (both opponents and neutrals and even horses). In more detail, at startup everything looks normal, but after a while many NPCs become completely invisible, some can only be seen by the flames of torches flying in the air or glowing eyes, and only when approaching point-blank a translucent model appears. It looks like if NPCs had their draw distance set to a minimum, and to such a minimum that even touching them they wouldn't load completely. although, as I noted, this is not inherent in everyone, of those who do not disappear, I can list the rider at the very beginning, after leaving the ruins with training; a giant walking a little further and a soldier with a spear in full armor in the ruins at the gates of the castle. I would be very grateful if anyone can suggest what this problem may be related to.
42 Comments
Sort by:
Z
Zloimamont 03.04.22

I wrote the solution to the problem on Zen https://zen.yandex.ru/media/id/5e7ded9b69f0af4fe19279f3/elden-ring-kak-ispravit-gliuk-s-nevidimymi-vragami-reshenie-problemy-623f580763dc376f1c53815b. But it will not be possible to play online normally. If it's a pirate, no problem.

W
Wolf Mercenary 03.04.22

Found on Reddit, it helped me personally:
1) SSAO - turn off.
2) The quality of the shadows is low.
3) The quality of the effects is low.
4) Smoothing - low.
All other settings are high.

Enemies and the horse no longer disappear. When teleporting to a fire, the maximum respawn delay for nearby enemies is 1 second. Although spoken NPCs periodically have to wait 10-15 seconds.