3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Darkest_Secrets 04.03.22 12:14 am

Is it worth playing without playing the first game? (The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings)

Sharing opinions, is it possible to play this part without playing the first one?
55 Comments
Sort by:
T
Tiger[Overmind] 04.03.22

It is not yet known, let's see what the impact of events

S
Shepard 04.03.22

No don't play

S
Sergei Travkin 04.03.22

not worth it. Besides, the first Witcher isn't such a bad game that you convince yourself to play it.

S
SkalderSan 04.03.22

It is not known whether there will be a direct connection between the plots ... but the fact that there is an indirect connection (heroes, the general political situation, etc.) is for sure. So you run the risk of misunderstanding. It is better to go through the first part, then there will be the most complete picture. + you have to take into account the fact that the events of the second part begin from the moment the first one ends ... So play the first one while there is time ... And the second one. If you haven't played the first game, don't play it (IMHO).

L
Lunx 04.03.22

Better to play. Get used to the controls, the characters, the game itself. And the books are worth reading too.

-
-SK.art- 04.03.22

I urgently need to go through the first part ..
At one time I went through two-thirds of the game and somehow abandoned it. Probably because it's long and just a little boring. But the game is GREAT, Seabandit needs to go through the first part.

M
Man4 04.03.22

Best to play) Rarely anyone does not like this game)

V
Virgil_ 04.03.22

You decide. I would advise all the same, for the sake of completeness, to play the first part.

PS What is it all of a sudden on the PG all became "new users"?

n
neoplayg 04.03.22

Rhetorical question...

PS [new user], don't know why everyone became "new users" :)

_
_Alexandra_ 04.03.22

Of course it's worth it! One of the few games made only for PC. Already for this she wants to pass. The main thing is to try, and then it will tighten itself)))

m
mmaximm 04.03.22

Of course it's worth playing the first part first :)

S
SkalderSan 04.03.22

Without going through the first part, a nasty residue of misunderstanding of some points may remain .. although, we do not know exactly how many of them there will be.

Z.Y. and playing the first part, when I read the books, is generally chic! You notice a lot of nuances, different jokes... some remarks become clear, because there are links to book events... I hope that this will also be the case in the second part :)

G
Great and Terrible Piladu 04.03.22

If you haven't played it, you're missing out! Be sure to play before release! I won’t be able to go through it to the end (Windows flew off)

S
Serious CarteR 04.03.22

Costs. 1st reason - it is also very interesting (part 1). 2nd reason - you really get to know the characters, in a sense, history, well, with Geralt himself)

B
BeastIns1de 04.03.22

I, too, decided to go through the first one
already in chapter 5, I’m pissing)

S
Svetloyar 04.03.22

People, import of saves will definitely be? Then I have to go through it again

B
BeastIns1de 04.03.22

already passed the
ending hints that parts 1 and 2 are inextricably linked.
so go ahead, you won't regret it

B
BeastIns1de 04.03.22

by the way, at the end there is a hint that Alvin was the master of the order. After all, he wore an amulet like Alvin's and, according to Tris, traveled not only in space, but also in time.

n
neoplayg 04.03.22

snayper95, dear, no need to spoil! Especially in a topic that was created by a person who probably did not go through the game.
And if the language itches to discuss the ending of the game, please, there is a corresponding topic on the forum.
Svetloyar, for sure. Are the developers' arguments not enough for you?

S
SkalderSan 04.03.22

Hmm, I didn't even think to think like that... The amulet is the same as Alvin's... but where is the connection? And what's the point?...