3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Darkest_Secrets 04.03.22 12:14 am

Is it worth playing without playing the first game? (The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings)

Sharing opinions, is it possible to play this part without playing the first one?
55 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lamune 04.03.22

In general, it is possible, because saves can be transferred, and the developers said that from the saves there are 3 different beginnings of the game, and if without them, then a different beginning.

S
Serious CarteR 04.03.22

I think that if there is an import of saves from the 1st part, then things, weapons, potions, etc. will not be saved. Most likely it will be like in Dragon Age 2 (some specific moments from the 1st part and decisions made during the game will be noted, which will affect the beginning and the process itself. )

F
Filis 04.03.22

I would say this: you should not even play the first part without reading Sapkowski's series of books about the witcher. Of course, you will enjoy the game even without books, but some moments and jokes may not be clear to you. The books are great, the game is great too, let's see what part 2 has in store for us :)

S
Shepard 04.03.22

So why stretch the page?

S
Svetloyar 04.03.22

>>> Are the developers' arguments not enough for you?
I just don’t follow the news, so before going out I decided to go to the forum again and ask if they suddenly decided to redo something.

H
Hundred tichka 04.03.22

YES, it's too late to play it! Chukobes came to his senses after 3 and a half years

M
MgVolkolak 04.03.22

I would say this: you should not even play the first part without reading Sapkowski's series of books about the witcher.

I played without knowing about any books. Then I read the books and played the second time with no less pleasure.

D
Darkest_Secrets 04.03.22

Sinking tichka
I read a book and because of this I didn’t want to play the game, I didn’t like the book

[
[Inquisitor] 04.03.22

I read all the books, in the first part I went through 2 chapters and read the ending, so in principle I will understand almost everything. But the first part was sometimes annoying, because it was too long, IMHO! Yes, I highly recommend reading the books!

s
slasher13 04.03.22

No, you shouldn't...
The first Witcher is still my favorite purchase.
I passed it 8 times!
Recently prepared 3 saves (with different endings) for the second Witcher.
In short, it’s better not to play the second Witcher without going through the first part!

W
WhySo Serious 04.03.22

It is definitely worth going through, especially since there is both a graph and a plot at an excellent level !!! I'm sure you won't be disappointed in part 1.

M
MrKoJIXo3HuK 04.03.22

Passed the first witcher by 100% - a fucking game!
I read the whole book - a fucking book, but after it the plot of the game automatically became a rare garbage!
I read what will happen in the second part, it seems that the game will become even worse ...

the conclusion of the book is harmful to read!

S
Sadad172 04.03.22

Ce3uK ahahaha exactly =)

M
MrKoJIXo3HuK 04.03.22

well, what the heck, they repackaged the plot from the book in pieces, then mixed it up, chewed it, spat it out, the result was served to the client
de artagnan stanitsa n * doras, n * doras count de montecristo, and all the rest were dull shit

M
MgVolkolak 04.03.22

Ce3uK
Who cares. On the contrary, I was more interested in playing after reading.

the plot was rewritten in pieces.
The only thing that is "repeated" is a few dialogues, for some reason the Lady of the Lake living near Vizima, the Professor (who is the Master in the Polish version) and a couple of moments on trifles. If you want to see a really "reverse" plot, play the "Price of Neutrality" modules. In the witcher itself, the plot is completely different. Tell me, was there an episode with a witch in the books, and indeed with a cursed village? Was it in the book that Geralt tried to investigate and figure out (albeit not entirely successfully) under whose guise the "main villain" is hiding?

K
Kalter-312 04.03.22

In the second part, there will be three different beginnings, depending on the transferred saves

N
NKolyan 04.03.22

for me, Witcher was the first RPG, and it was something, no game was so addictive as this one,
first go through the first part

M
MrKoJIXo3HuK 04.03.22

MgVolkolak
Well, first of all, there was an episode with a witch. exactly the same as in the game. it ended a little differently, but the essence is the same. and the dialogue was completely screwed up.
secondly, if only such trifles about which you are talking about were shoved from the book into the game, it would be you fucked up.
thirdly, I'm talking about the child's purpose and how the plot revolves around. doesn’t remind you of anything?)
in the fourth, where did another 2 years go and what happened to them ... (tsiri and the witch yenefer), tris merigold in the book "a character from a country of the 3rd world". Amnesia, which is funny in the Witcher, he remembered somehow tris, but forgot about the "wife and daughter"
I know the book well, not to say perfectly.

A
Arantir_3000 04.03.22

Nothing prevents you from completing the first witcher (even before the release of the second).
I don’t know how connected they will be with each other, but the first one is so excellent that even by itself it would be worth playing!!!

M
MgVolkolak 04.03.22

Ce3uK
So we can say that, for example, most books have the same plot.