3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Darkest_Secrets 04.03.22 12:14 am

Is it worth playing without playing the first game? (The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings)

Sharing opinions, is it possible to play this part without playing the first one?
55 Comments
Sort by:
z
zzzzzzzzzzden 04.03.22

it is better to play the first part, it will be more interesting to play the second

n
neoplayg 04.03.22

Ce3uK, you, sir, need to read something else, and do it more carefully. It is not clear what and why, sorry, shit in the comments.
Didn't like the plot? Submit your resume to CD, and the flag is in your hands - please us with a super-story of The Witcher in part 3...

S
SOFT13 04.03.22

Well, the first "The Witcher" is an extremely good game) with pleasure now, on the eve of the release of the second one, I replayed it)
however, I must admit, the graphics are already losing) but there is some kind of unknown magic that captures and does not let go until the final video) And the inserts, where the consequences of your decisions are explained - in general, a great thing)
Therefore, if you have not yet completed the first Witcher, start soon, you still have a week to go through it) by the
way, if there is an import of saves, you need to go through it for sure)

O
OlegPP3 04.03.22

I think it's possible. And probably even necessary, there are few such games.
But for a complete immersion in history, it would be nice to go through the first part. But not necessarily of course.

M
Man4 04.03.22

No, many moments in the first Witcher are really copied, I noticed it myself, but at the same time there is a lot from the developers themselves. For me, The Witcher has become a classic and a masterpiece) I think the second one will be the same)

_
_Sammy_ 04.03.22

I would advise you to play, I myself will replay the first part 3 times before sitting down for the 2nd. In addition, there will be a save sync system

H
HidingEyes 04.03.22

nope, don't, the first part can be downloaded by torrent, go through the first part first, you have just a week))

G
Georg625 04.03.22

The game is worth it, not just to go through, but to replay both parts!

B
Bastard 04.03.22

It is desirable to play the first part. Firstly, to feel the flavor of the game, its specificity, unlike other RPGs. Secondly, to then compare with the second part of the Witcher. Thirdly, it’s a good idea to make a safe of the first part in order to transfer armor and swords to the second, namely: the armor of the Raven, the silver sword Moonblade and the steel sword rune Sigil from Makham. Unfortunately, the second part differs significantly from the first in terms of gameplay: the combat is simplified, the use of Signs, Elixirs and Oils is more complicated, and their significance is much lower. In addition, the second part is focused on the console and, unlike the first part, has a stripped-down RPG component. The second part is more action / RPG.
I myself repeatedly and with great pleasure replayed the first part, playing both neutral, and for squirrels, and for the Order, and for melee, and for a battle mage. Recently I started playing the second part - its difference from the first is striking, and IMHO for the worse.
Therefore, if you have practically never played RPGs, then you can safely skip the first part and play the second part, maybe you will like it.

A
Andy7P7 04.03.22

The sequence is not required.
I got through part 2. I'm playing the first one now.

a
alex4706 04.03.22

It's not better to go through the first one, it's more interesting

A
Andy7P7 04.03.22

alex4706 I
support the proposal.
Many points of the second part begin to clear up after passing the 1st part.
I will now go through part 1 and start part 2 from the beginning.

s
shprotatom 04.03.22

better to read books first

D
Denis Kyokushin 04.03.22

Bastarder
simplified combat, complicated the use of Signs, Elixirs and Oils, and their significance is much lower
Well, I don’t know about simplifying combat. And the difficulty in the form of a delay in the time of a blow inflicted on a strong opponent (Kratokriks, for example, if I remember correctly) is somehow difficult to call complexity
. I failed.

V
Vadim Zahirov 04.03.22

Part 1 is very cool, especially I was surprised that Yakov is Alvin)