3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
White_Dragon_7 04.03.22 11:15 pm

Illogical endings. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I went through the game The Witcher 3 and saw all the endings, but not one ending did not suit me.

The ending, which everyone considers bad, where Ciri and Geralt die. Why is she bad if Ciri sacrifices herself and saves her world from white cold? Yes, one person dies, but the whole planet is saved. And why is Geralt not proud of her act, but falls into depression and seeks suicide?

Why, in the good ending, Ciri refused to save her world because of the attachments to Gerald that developed over the course of the story. Indeed, in the last dialogue, she said that she was ready to sacrifice herself for the sake of saving the world and her loved ones. And then at the last moment she changed her mind and decided to stay, hoping to live a happy life next to her loved ones until the world is destroyed by white cold. And where is the happy ending, if everyone will soon freeze and die?

If, after all, the white cold is just a myth and fiction, which Geralt is trying to convince Ciri in order to save her, then why the elf Avalakh spent his whole life solving this problem and preparing Ciri for this. And she was already ready for this, but at the last moment she changed her mind. Maybe I do not understand something, but the game did not give me answers to these questions. And the game (in a good ending) ends with everyone alive and happy, as if there were no problems and there won’t be any, and nothing is said about white cold.
52 Comments
Sort by:
T
TimKar 04.03.22

White_Dragon_7
You misunderstood a little, in all three endings Ciri is stopped by white cold, just in one ending she dies.

S
Summer33 04.03.22

White_Dragon_7
not a logical ending if Geralt and Ciri got married and had children, and Yen and Tris would take over the whole world and change their names to Putin and Medvedev...
But in the game everything is logical in my opinion. Perhaps the author had in mind the unfinished endings? Yes, it is in all 3 parts, although I don’t remember the first one already)

W
White_Dragon_7 04.03.22

Genom94
I thought that I did not understand something. And how did she stop the white chill without going through the portal? And why then did Avalakh open it, if it is not necessary to go into it, but you can just stop everything like that?

s
shockburst 04.03.22

White_Dragon_7
Actually, she went through the portal and was able to return back

W
White_Dragon_7 04.03.22

Summer23
Also noticed it. Somehow briefly in the endings they told about everything.

S
Saloknir 04.03.22

Well, he's not scum to rejoice and be proud of the fact that his daughter died and saved the whole planet with scum that squabble over the earth.

r
ronin991 04.03.22

Geralt did not die, he was simply surrounded by monsters and he most likely killed them

S
Saloknir 04.03.22

ronin991
naive

W
White_Dragon_7 04.03.22

Genom94
I kind of carefully watched the endings, but did not notice where it says that she stopped the white cold.

S
Summer33 04.03.22

By the way, if they don’t say anything more about Ciri, this does not mean that she died, it only says that she teleported to God knows where and travels further, as she did before the beginning of part 3.

P
Playersaharan 04.03.22

ronin991
The witch said that she smelled a suicide, and in the course of the ending it was hinted at several times, including most likely Geralt consciously stopped fighting after finding Vesemir's medallion and let himself be killed.

S
Saloknir 04.03.22

White_Dragon_7
She stopped the white cold, be safe

W
White_Dragon_7 04.03.22

Saloknir
Well, why generalize. Maybe the rulers and individuals are scum, but there are many good people.

S
Summer33 04.03.22

by the way, my Geralt turned out to be a kind of good-natured man who helps everyone, although in fact the witchers are insensitive mercenary bastards, this is illogical))

s
slider221 04.03.22

Why does everyone so unambiguously think that Ciri died in the bad ending? because buttercup only said that no one saw her. Maybe she just did not want to return to Geralt and stayed with the circus performers!? And about Geralt... he's a witcher, what will a couple of utopians do to him!?

W
White_Dragon_7 04.03.22

Saloknir
Why then do I learn this from you. The game was supposed to answer these questions.

P
Playersaharan 04.03.22

White_Dragon_7
Well, the fact that Geralt and the rest of the Persians in the good ending lived a long life and did not think about Frost does not hint at the fact that Ciri still stopped the White Frost?

S
Saloknir 04.03.22

White_Dragon_7
I went through all the quests, and then the plot, Ciri became the empress, I immediately realized that she stopped the white cold

F
Flow4Master 04.03.22

Everything indicates that she did die in a sad ending, just the whitewash of stubborn fans (who, of course, will downvote, because this does not coincide with their "correct" whitewash), naively believing that she survived. It turns out that she herself screwed up for what Geralt and his entourage broke into a cake during 60+ hours of the game. Therefore, the witcher is in awe from such indifference and most likely goes to feed the ghouls. Live logically.

S
Saloknir 04.03.22

Flow4Master
Geralt, after the death of his daughter, was left alone, he just does not want to live.