3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
White_Dragon_7 04.03.22 11:15 pm

Illogical endings. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I went through the game The Witcher 3 and saw all the endings, but not one ending did not suit me.

The ending, which everyone considers bad, where Ciri and Geralt die. Why is she bad if Ciri sacrifices herself and saves her world from white cold? Yes, one person dies, but the whole planet is saved. And why is Geralt not proud of her act, but falls into depression and seeks suicide?

Why, in the good ending, Ciri refused to save her world because of the attachments to Gerald that developed over the course of the story. Indeed, in the last dialogue, she said that she was ready to sacrifice herself for the sake of saving the world and her loved ones. And then at the last moment she changed her mind and decided to stay, hoping to live a happy life next to her loved ones until the world is destroyed by white cold. And where is the happy ending, if everyone will soon freeze and die?

If, after all, the white cold is just a myth and fiction, which Geralt is trying to convince Ciri in order to save her, then why the elf Avalakh spent his whole life solving this problem and preparing Ciri for this. And she was already ready for this, but at the last moment she changed her mind. Maybe I do not understand something, but the game did not give me answers to these questions. And the game (in a good ending) ends with everyone alive and happy, as if there were no problems and there won’t be any, and nothing is said about white cold.
52 Comments
Sort by:
W
White_Dragon_7 04.03.22

Saloknir
I went through all the quests, and then the plot, Ciri became the empress, I immediately realized that she stopped the white cold.

But in the game, almost nothing is said about the white cold. If it works like an ice age, then a long enough time must pass before everyone freezes and the world perishes. This may happen much later than the death of Geralt and Ciri. So they still have time to live a happy life, but what awaits the rest?

Moreover, the game does not clearly show that she stopped the white cold and this is not mentioned in the ending. I generally understood it this way: Ciri entered the portal to go somewhere and save the world. But she stopped, thought how good she was with Geralt and decided to give up on everything and return. Or maybe she decided to leave the solution of the problem for later.

C
Cucumber312 04.03.22

Everyone is crying for Ciri in a bad ending, whitewashing that she survived ..
But I feel sorry for Eredin :c

r
ronin991 04.03.22

what is it one but what about yennefer or triss (well, this is of course for those who did not start chasing 2 hares at once)

W
White_Dragon_7 04.03.22

The game also says that Ciri must sacrifice herself to stop the white frost. And since she did not want to and returned, the white cold did not stop.

F
Flow4Master 04.03.22

ronin991
So everything is clear with them, Triss is an adviser to the king there, like Aedirn, Ian either fled and sits quieter than grass (if Radovid won), or fights (I think unsuccessfully) for influence in the royal court of Nilfaard with Philippa (if Emhyr won).

W
White_Dragon_7 04.03.22

ronin991
Here, they could grieve together with Yennefer or Triss about the loss, and he immediately decided to commit suicide.

r
ronin991 04.03.22

Flow4Master
well, depending on who chose what

W
White_Dragon_7 04.03.22

Flow4Master
Nothing makes sense. If Ciri knew that she could stop the white frost without dying, would she commit suicide?

S
Spartan Soap 04.03.22

White Frost does not stop Ciri, but the elder blood gene that is activated in her. This gene was bred by the elves and initially Lara Dorren was supposed to end the cold, but she fell in love with a person and everything was covered. As a result, we had to wait a generation until the gene is activated in one of Lara's descendants.

S
Spartan Soap 04.03.22

White_Dragon_7 Logical
. Therefore, she most likely did not die, but did not return to Geralt, since after their reunion he was a bad father.

N
Nohchik1ant 04.03.22

Summer23
Yes, "witchers are insensitive mercantile bastards" but Geralt is not one of them, because he is the only witcher who still has feelings after testing with herbs!

A
Alexey Glushkov 04.03.22

witchers are insensitive mercantile bastards, this is definitely about Lambert, although he can be understood

N
Nohchik1ant 04.03.22

White_Dragon_7
If the White Cold had not been stopped by Ciri in any of the endings, there would have been no endings at all and Buttercup to tell what happened next, because the White Cold had already begun when Avalach opened the portal between the worlds and the Conjunction of the Spheres began.

K
Ku6ep3aDpoT 04.03.22

White_Dragon_7
In order to understand the relationship between the characters in general, who is ready for what for whom, read a series of books by Uncle Sapkowski and it will immediately become clear who is who and who is scum. ))

Z.Y. Personally, I can't understand those who played without reading books, it's like "going blind to the cinema"...

r
ronin991 04.03.22

SpartanSoap
well, if already to the end of the book, then the gene should have been activated completely in the child ciri

T
TimKar 04.03.22

White_Dragon_7
she enters the portal in all endings and thereby automatically stops the cold)

U
UnItalianoVero 04.03.22

ronin991 What for
wife when there is no daughter?

K
Kodval 04.03.22

White_Dragon_7
Dialogues should have been listened to)
Avalakh told her when he was training her in Kaer Morhen, in order to cope with the elder blood gene and learn how to control it, you need to think about something good, there must be good memories in your head. As she dies, it is shown that Geralt does not know her and was unable to give her good memories. When she survives, all the happy moments that happened to her and Geralt during the game are shown. And due to these good memories, she just managed to cope with this gene, stopping the white cold and not dying.

I
IArlekinI 04.03.22

slayder221
couple of three? Yes, there were a lot of them, and the drowned people were the smallest. Of course, there is hope that his werewolf will save him, but these are already thoughts out loud.

S
Saloknir 04.03.22

Azazelius
is beautiful,
otherwise I was too lazy to write so much