3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
r
ra-73 05.03.22 03:35 am

Black Stripes (The Evil Within)

How to remove black bars on the screen in the game?

84 Comments
Sort by:
W
Wirdjen 05.03.22

R_forceaspectratio

Set aspect ratio. Standard - 2.5
Use 1.8 or 2 to minimize black bars.
For a resolution of 1920x1080, I use the following settings:

R_swapinterval -1
R_forceaspectratio 2

r
ra-73 05.03.22

And where to beat where the settings file I have a digital Steam license.
1400x900

W
Wirdjen 05.03.22

To do this, you need to unlock the console in the game. Before you can use the console, you must activate it. On Steam, right-click on the game and select Properties. In the general properties section, enter the text “+com_allowconsole 1 _” (without quotes). Now you can call the console by pressing the Insert button on the keyboard.

M
MKUltra 05.03.22

You can also set the scaling through the driver (on Radeons). No fps drop. But it will be cut off a little more on the sides, or stretched vertically.

g
gloccc 05.03.22

This crap kills fov completely, the image stupidly increases

l
legusor 05.03.22

the console command, supposedly removing black bars, is nothing more than a zoom. remove the stripes - lower your fps and reduce the viewing angle.

S
SanSanZ 05.03.22

In short, playing with this zoom is not at all comfortable, the viewing angle is too small, you have to play with these bands...

p
propeller-faust 05.03.22

I don’t see any problems with stripes, it’s better to play with them than stupidly stretch the picture, but how do you watch movies? So don't complain about the cinematography. The developers consider it necessary, they will remove them with a patch, but I think that everything will remain so

T
Tokrem 05.03.22

Save icons and inscriptions right on the black bars, it means such a stupid idea of ​​​​developers, the idea is definitely unsuccessful

r
raspilil 05.03.22

Can you tell me how to do this on ps4?

V
VaanDark 05.03.22

Bld, and I also have a square monitor :) Black bars are larger than the screen itself :)

t
tork879 05.03.22

IIepBblu
where is this crap installed? after launching the game started to hang on the rollers. how to remove traces?

s
sky game 05.03.22

Already on 1080p stripes?

Z
ZmS 05.03.22

yeah some bullshit. probably gives epicness) xs

X
X1MiKaTp 05.03.22

finally why they were made by these stripes .... Not a very good idea with them. It would be nice if it was like that at the beginning of the game, but the whole game gets boring to look at them ...

H
Hitrii 05.03.22

propeller-faust
I don't see any streaks when viewing the kintz.

H
Hitrii 05.03.22

VaanDark
Yyyh, I'm at work too, I'll check it out during the day.

W
Wirdjen 05.03.22

The next update for The Evil Within for PS3 and PS4 will add a feature to the game menu that will allow gamers to remove the black "bars"

A
Al-106 05.03.22

It is impossible to remove the stripes "normally", this console command is of no use, it zooms stupidly, the view becomes even smaller, it only gets worse, but there is so much talk that there is a solution to the problem.

P
Pocu42820 05.03.22

Guys, hello everyone.

At the beginning of the game, everything is ok, but when I got to the second act, where you need to clear the trap, the game freezes stupidly, the buttons are not pressed, as a result, the program stops working.
I've checked the cache, reinstalled the game, didn't help.
Can anyone come across? Need HELP!