3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
magical 05.03.22 03:35 am

GOG or Steam version (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hi everyone, I’m thinking of buying a witcher, but I don’t decide where, in the incentive, the achievements are different, gog, I want to directly support the developer. In short, advise where in your opinion is better to take. Where are the fluff.
61 Comments
Sort by:
J
JUnnAmmED 05.03.22

Sanya Gladyshev
Yes, he merged a long time ago. They throw facts at him, but he still insists that GOG is better.

M
Marlock4441 05.03.22

Sergey Cherevko
I personally played on the day of release (Steam license) there were no problems, except for game bugs, and if you read the whining of another schoolboy, this does not mean that it is so

A
AncestorSvarog 05.03.22

JUnnAmmED what are the facts?? where are they??)

A
AncestorSvarog 05.03.22

Sanya Gladyshev and what are you all Steam users ??? statistics are not limited to one or 2 players! doesn't say anything about steam stability yet

l
lsvoboda 05.03.22

By the way, everyone is minus the "problem with installing patches in GOG", they are, BUT, if you install patches through Geleksi GOG, and not with your own hands. If you download from GOG yourself, then the patches are installed without problems, for me personally, when I tried to turn on the game through Geleksi for the first time, the Witcher decided to update, and "updated" from version 1.05 to version 1.02. When after that I installed the patches by hand, it wrote that patch 1.05 was already installed, although the game was included with version 1.02. So I had to reinstall the game. It would certainly be faster to clean the register, but I did not find anything there.

M
Marlock4441 05.03.22

Sergei Cherevko
, on the other hand, talks about the handshake of many others

A
AncestorSvarog 05.03.22

I have a GOG version patched without problems.... and here you can't see who puts it how, but you can tell anything

M
Marlock4441 05.03.22

lsvoboda
I can’t say anything about gog, I don’t use it, and according to rumors I don’t live like a friend above

J
JUnnAmmED 05.03.22

Sergei Cherevko
http://forums.playground.ru/witcher_3_wild_hunt/tech/problemi_s_gog_galaxy-864121/
http://forums.playground.ru/witcher_3_wild_hunt/tech/poroblem_s_gog_ne_kachaet_patch-864347/
Plus you still haven't answered the question you were asked .I just left him and started insulting a person

M
Maxonior 05.03.22

I have the Steam version - no problems. The only thing is that you have to install free DLC manually. But this is a matter of 15 seconds. I don’t know about GOG - I didn’t use it.

C
Citizen Chief 05.03.22

through gog, you can download the game without being tied to any service at all. without passwords without protection and subsequently play even without connecting to the Internet. I don’t know about you, but for me personally this is a significant plus. By the way, there are also achievements in Goga

C
Cucumber312 05.03.22

Steam of course.
I took it for 600 rubles in 2014 and I play.

And there are no problems.

And regatta GoG only for Witcher 3 is nonsense.

m
magical 05.03.22

Do free DLCs install on GOG?

S
Simply Max 05.03.22

gog of course

m
magical 05.03.22

Guys, damn it, don't quarrel. Everyone has their own opinion and no need to try to change it. It's like rooting for real or barca.

l
lsvoboda 05.03.22

volshebnichek
to gain access to free DLS in GOG you need to "buy" them, just find free DLS in the GOG store (they come in one pack) and buy for 0 rubles. Well, then choose which DLS you need and download separately. If through Geleksi, then there it seems to be easy to put down the daws and the client will download it himself.

A
Alex Lee 05.03.22

I have the Gog version. There are no problems with installation. And to avoid it, you download a game client from the site With a store and a library of games, an analogue of Steam. From there, the game is bought there, the download and installation location is configured (this is about bugs with different disks - I have a system on C, the game is downloaded on D, and the game itself is on F ¯_(ツ)_/¯ ). Everything works perfectly.
All updates are downloaded and installed automatically. For all updates, no crashes. I turned on the client, he himself checked for the update, he downloaded it himself. On dlk the situation is the same, checking, downloading. The difference is that they should be ticked whether to connect or not. If the checkbox is checked, then it will be installed, removed - it will be deleted.
There are achievements in the client, it’s only a pity in English, but there is a translation on the network. So, since the launch of the witcher, I have not had any problems with Gog. I can say the same about the game itself, the problems that are described on the network - not active NPCs, not starting quests, "stupid" Roach, and so on. (what is based on the launch of scripts), this (pah, pah, pah) has never happened before, those quests went through. Here I don’t want to say that this is a disease of the Steam version, I just describe my experience of using Gog and it is 100% positive.
Threat. There are also goodies in Gog - music, art, toys.

A
AlexOmen 05.03.22

Buy a CD and don't worry!

K
KanoVoxLian 05.03.22

Steam version

s
serial86 05.03.22

Good day to all. As a GOG Galaxy client, I have a question, for example, on Steam during the game, by pressing a certain key I can enter the client and see the screenshot taken or the achievement obtained, well, you understand. Is there a similar function? Answer.