3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
HERO-MAN007 at lamerland 06.03.22 10:47 pm

GTA ]I[: Kostygov City. (Grand Theft Auto 3)

Better replace all the houses in the LS with Russian Khrushchev in Portland, modern business buildings in Staunton and pieces of wood in Shoredside. It's faster and easier (for example, you don't need to change paths and make new missions), and more relevant (nobody has ever done a Russian city for GTA3 in my memory).

Download Open or Spark - you can not only tear out all the textures from GTA4.
71 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nevada Junkie 06.03.22

Looks great, but don't you think calling a city by its last name is megalomaniac? And how did the development of the mod that you did before the ban end?

N
Nevada Junkie 06.03.22

Till Lindermann...
Of course, what was I thinking?..

N
Nevada Junkie 06.03.22

HERO-MAN007 at lamerland
Serpent did, but abandoned, like his last mod.

m
mazafaka 06.03.22

I understand the dealership is ready?

m
mazafaka 06.03.22

I just tested mine

m
mazafaka 06.03.22

here he is. True, there is a bug on the glasses, which xs how to remove, the attachment is poor, and there are not enough 2dfx effects, well, and something else needs to be faked.
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru

m
mazafaka 06.03.22

By the way, do you need textures from gta 4?

Z
Zmey20009 06.03.22

The kite did it, but abandoned

it . Open the .ide file with notepad, which contains the model and textures of the car dealership. For example, it contains the following line: 0001, avtosalon, avtosalontex, 1, 100, 0; where 0001 is the model ID; avtosalon - model: avtosalontex - texture; 1 - don't know; 100 - drawing distance; 0 - flags , replace the last zero with 12, you get 0001, avtosalon, avtosalontex, 1, 100, 12 If the bug remains, then you need to edit the model itself By the way, a good Vito envelope from Mafia 2. Did you do it yourself?

m
mazafaka 06.03.22

Zmey20009
By the way, a good envelope of Vito from Mafia 2. Did you do it yourself? Yes, I did it myself,

but it didn’t work with flags, I’ll have to shaman with the model

Z
Zmey20009 06.03.22

Try to change the density of the material in the splinter, put 12 in the flags

M
MAXMODS 06.03.22

I understand there are no attachments

M
MAXMODS 06.03.22

Yes, I don't mind at all. It's very easy to make attachments in 3dmax, now I'll show you:
Loading the model:
pix.playground.ru
I loaded the left model, of course you load the one you need to attach.
Convert to Editable Poly
pix.playground.ru
Select the VertexPaint modifier
pix.playground.ru
In the modifier, click on the unshaded button (top left)
pix.playground.ru
Don't pay attention to the lock yet, you may need it later.
You poke on the brush (1) and paint the model in those places where you see fit (3). You can also change the color (2). If for some reason the model is not painted, then try to press the lock - in some cases it helps.
pix.playground.ru
When exporting, the Nor button (1) must not be pressed, but the Vcol button (2) must.
pix.playground.ru
everything =)

D
DimZet 06.03.22

why convert to poly? And before painting, you need to fill the entire model with black so that the object is not always light.
And it's better to attach in the edit mesh.
And he doesn’t need to explain, because he makes a mod for himself, which means he won’t try and quality too.
If he wanted to make a good mod, he would come to my site where I gradually describe programs and various information on modding.
You by the way MAXMODS could also find something useful there.

M
Moskvich_2141 06.03.22

And what programs are used to edit the map? I tried Med 0.32 but textures disappear because of it.

M
MAXMODS 06.03.22

DimZet, it's just convenient for me to work in Edit Poly, I do everything there =)
"Fill everything with black paint" Why? you can just paint with black paint those places where there should not be lighting)

D
DimZet 06.03.22

1) so what? Why convert if you don't do any conversions? You can immediately proceed to painting after loading the model.
2) Will you take an object, put a lantern, and what will you paint black around the lantern?
According to the standard, the object should be dark, and then brighten in places of the light source. So it's more convenient and faster.
Even in the edit mesh there is an option to select by the color of the attachment.
To edit the geometry, you need to use both mesh and poly. And there are advantages there.
For more accurate painting, edit the mesh, especially faceted objects. VertexPaint does not have a faceted painting feature.
Learn how to convert dynamic light to VertexPaint.

G
Grandshot 06.03.22

Why paint buildings and landscape at all? It's easier to put an omni light, adjust it and apply a lightmap to the vertices of the model.

H
HERO-MAN007 at lamerland 06.03.22

If the building has a uniform grid on all sides, then the attachment made from the light source lays down well. But in the vast majority, modders model as they will, so it’s best to apply such models manually, without VertexPaint, at the most primitive level - select triangles and set their color, and where smooth transitions are needed, select pre-glued vertices and adjust their color.

At one time, I experimented with the lighting of Myriad lots - I started from the style of prelighting that ODIE did there + tried to do it in the same way as if Rockstars had lighted it through the RW SDK. In general, it all depends on the chosen method. For example, rockstars' methods of attaching in GTA3 and LCS PS2 are very different (sometimes better done in GTA3, sometimes better in LCS PS2), in PSP models there is no attaching at all, which is explained by the technical limitations of this console (it is known what they had to do to the game card worked without visible brakes). The presence of a high-quality attachment in fashion is always welcomed by the players, I think that the author of GTA ]I[: Kostygov City should understand this.

D
DimZet 06.03.22

Till Lindermann...
Can you take one screenshot of everything you've done? And how are you doing, on an empty map or on an old one?

D
DimZet 06.03.22

it's clear that you didn't build everything, you just make a screen in the muu mapper and that's it. It will be clearer than 1000 screenshots.

And by the way, there are no glitches on the map?:
Does it hang in the loading zone of the city?
Does replay work?
Does not freeze after the death of Claude or Peds?

I just made a map cleaner, and in the course of creation, bugs were found and eliminated.