3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pashka Vlasov 12.03.22 02:43 am

Won't start (Life is Strange)

Hi guys) I bought a full pre-order of all episodes on Steam. I downloaded the first episode, everything is fully installed. I'm sitting joyfully launching the game, and then on you, writes: "The program "Life is Strange" does not work" there was a problem .... Help me, please, how to solve the problem. My computer is pretty powerful, I did everything right. Who will help give cases for cs go)))
52 Comments
Sort by:
N
NeroN38rus 12.03.22

Also does not start, the license. I reinstalled C++, didn't help.

P
Pashka Vlasov 12.03.22

I've searched all the forums and can't find anything

A
AVtechNICK from AAAAAAPPL 12.03.22

Copy-paste one way, maybe it will help you. In my case it didn't work.
"Control Panel - Regional and Language Options - Advanced - Change the language of programs that do not support Unicode to English (United States)."

l
lelik1515 12.03.22

Everything started right away with Cracked-3DM.

g
gamesmannna 12.03.22

Pashka Vlasov
Likewise, dude, likewise. Trouble right.

S
Shikari 12.03.22

I'm sitting here, I don't know what to do...
Spoiler

s
six stack 12.03.22

This method helped
me

g
gamesmannna 12.03.22

The citizen above said the correct decision.

A

If the method of starting the game by changing the system language did not help, then you can try the following method.
Spoiler1) Download the AppLocale program from the Microsoft website and install it.
2) Open the "Start" menu and type "AppLocale" in the search box. We launch the application.

3) Click "Next".

4) Select the "Launch an application" option and specify the game's executable file (for example "C: Steam SteamApps Common Life is Strange Binaries Win32 LifeIsStrange.exe"). Click Next.

5) In the dropdown list, select "日本語" (Japanese), which is at the very bottom of the list.

6) In the next step, you can create a shortcut to launch the game with the Japanese locale. The shortcut can be found in "C:Users*username*AppDataRoamingMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsMicrosoft AppLocale". Click Finish.

7) That's all, the game should start.

S
Sonderbar 12.03.22

And if I have Win8.1 and there is no "Language of programs that do not support Unicode"?

S
Sonderbar 12.03.22

I found everything: in languages ​​u200bu200bthere is an item "Location"

M
MrSmoke67 12.03.22

hardwaredude
Why do you call people crooked? In my opinion, the developers, who are crooked in this case, screwed up, let them fix it, the players are not required to sit and fuck around with the launch of the game that should work. And you have a clearly overestimated FPV, since you went into this topic in order to show off how "smart" you are.

E
El Huron 12.03.22

hardwaredude
You're too young a programmer to think of yourself.

P
Pirat-AC3 12.03.22

AVtechNICK from AAAAAAPPLELOOSA
Thank you very much.

S
Saulet Yerboluly 12.03.22

To conduct dances with tambourines with the installation of app locale on win 8.1 is somehow not a hunt. Maybe there is another way to share with someone 8.1

A

Saulet Yerboluly Then
try to change the system language to Japanese instead of English.

S

AVtechNICK from AAAAAAPPLELOOSA
Japanese? What kind of nonsense does it have to do with Japanese. I solved the problem by the fact that all the same, how to return the English layout to Unicode in win8.1. It's just that 8.1 differs in many ways from the seven. There were no instructions. I found it myself. Great game super just enjoy

R
RavenW89 12.03.22

Saulet Yerboluly Does the
publisher of SQUARE ENIX tell you something? It's nothing that they are Japanese)

N
Nadya93ks 12.03.22

I don’t know what to do, I already downloaded it with a different tablet, and reinstalled the programs and still doesn’t start, gives an error (the program stopped working)

S

Nadya93ks Change
the language of programs that do not support Unicode to English. And reinstall vc ++ redist x64 2013. It is also on the eight. Just in case, change the Windows language to English plus the default English layout