3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tekos 12.03.22 04:31 am

Numidia (Total War: Rome)

Played for many factions, and always for the strong ones! Tired, boring like that, victory is a matter of time! I decided to try some weak faction, started playing for Numidia, it's very difficult, after 3-4 years you go into the red! But I got out (which I'm a little proud of) and went through the full campaign, at the end of the game I had more than 500 thousand money! It was interesting to play! I advise everyone to try! And who else besides me played for Numidia, went through the campaign? Interesting! Or which faction do you think was the hardest to play?
64 Comments
Sort by:
a
asd1977 12.03.22

Started the campaign for Numidia on BX/X difficulty.

At the beginning it was really difficult.
For the first 15 moves, he couldn't build anything or hire anything.
in addition, Egypt attacked the easternmost city. I didn’t even defend it
. I demolished all the buildings and left there

. Then Carthage took up arms against me.
We fought with him in Libya 6 times.
The cavalry and archers came to the rescue. Family members + 4-5 units of Libyan horsemen + 2-3 units of archers.
The battle with the main forces of Carthage, led by the king, became decisive.
At first, the archers scared away the elephants
. Then the cavalry managed to lure their king into the free space and cut them down.
Next is the matter of technology. Morale at Carthage fell, his infantry chasing the cavalry was tired.
The attack is concentrated all in a crowd in one place and the enemy runs.

Barely took Carthage - trampled Scipii.
He won several heroic victories at the walls of Carthage, dropping stacks of Scipii into the sea.

During this time, tightened the economy. After the capture of Carthage, money appeared. In addition, the temple of Milkarth is good with a bonus to trade.
Captured Carthage is almost completely rebuilt. I can hire basic units. I focus on cavalry + arrows. Infantry is needed only to briefly tie up enemy infantry, and then charge with cavalry and the enemy flees.

Now seized Sicily and southern Italy from the Brutes. Getting ready to land in Spain.
So far, no problems, it has become boring to play.

M
Modest Mint 12.03.22

Wow, little one!
And I decided to play for the Scipieves (I don’t know why). He took Sicily, took Africa, this fucking reform began ... interesting, right? I screwed up one battle, when some two renegade generals (Numidians, by the way - so no offtopic ;-)) smashed the whole army, just because my military commander died during the fight. All the same, AI has its tricks up its sleeve (extremely rare, really).

Old man, what kind of Olympics can we stir up again? It’s a pity, but according to Muammar, all my saves were covered, as well as on the TR Map :-(

D
Dgosser 12.03.22

And as for me, Numidia is just a naked faction. Almost zero army without a single zest. It is almost impossible to fight against Ãœber-units... I would like to see what Numidia can oppose, for example, an army of Pontus from golden phalanxes, chariots, cappadocs, and so on.
In fact, this is the only faction that, except for the quantity, cannot take anything.

If the Seleucian army worthily bears the star "We have everything", then Numidia should be awarded the title "We have nothing".

T
TDI 12.03.22

Horse dart throwers, and if you live to see camels, you can live :)

D
Dgosser 12.03.22

Although I crap Numidia, I decided to try it. And ... I collected everything that was immediately to Carthage, and as soon as I approached him, I just defeated the local natives, this AI scumbag transports the main Carthaginian army from Sicily (the one that the Romans had to destroy in the first move). Minus 5000 in the treasury and worse. Against his detachment of elephants, I have one riffraff.
In short, closed ...
The first fiasco in the world of Rome)

T
TDI 12.03.22

It's sad... you have to live to see camels, they have a bonus against cavalry... against elephants there is only one weapon, burning arrows.

v
victori1 12.03.22

the hardest thing to play for the rebels is a lot of territory and it’s very difficult to keep it to capture your cities, queues line up (I’m serious) but under my control europe crimea half of spain except for italy greece and britonia (which I’m proud of) and by the way almost immediately you go into minus

S
Sarmat007 12.03.22

cataphract_an
Hmm ... I don’t know, I played for the Gauls, I don’t know with what fright I passed the whole company ... First I captured the Germans, Spaniards and Britons, leaving them only Britain itself. Then I took revenge on the Julius for all their tricks, defeated the Romans, I don’t remember for a long time whether I played Brutes or Scipii at the end ... Then I went to Africa, there I knocked down the Scipii and the remaining Numidians ... Then I captured the Greeks and Macedonia, finally finished off the rebellious British. In the end, I had huge territories: the British Isle, Spain, Gaul, Germany, the Italian Semi-s, Numidia, and the Balkans except. frocks ... I quit playing further, it became not interesting and boring, there were few fractions left, although it was possible to move to Egypt or Asia Minor ...

n
nr6517 12.03.22

Sarmat007
Here, most likely, there was a speech about campaigns on input/output.

TDI
I never saw camels among the Numidians)

d
domik123 12.03.22

Alter Fritz
is even very convenient, because in the training grounds you can hire archers, which is much more efficient than hiring skirmishers or velites. This is an advantage.
And it’s better not to rush to build barracks. It is better to strengthen the army by hiring exclusively cavalry units. For the beginning of the Mounted Riflemen, and then when the military stables are built, you can also kava with long shields.
The capture of Carthage, the Romans and Egypt will not be difficult ...
But in the battle with the barbarians, who have the majority of the units of battle groups that can not resist the cavalry well.
:-) The best way is to capture the Spaniards and Southern Italy, leaving the Julius to live, who should capture or at least weaken the barbarians.

d
domik123 12.03.22

What units did Sarmat007
mainly use in the battle against the Romans?

U
Uncle Fox 12.03.22

I don’t know if it’s a cheat or it should be, but I had Numidian horse throwers carry out the Auxelia Cavalry. Despite the fact that their parameters were equal. Or even my weapons are already pumped.
I also think it's worth hiring elephants for Numidia. And the camels, at the decisive moment, hitting the enemy cavalry, also showed themselves very effectively.
It's nice to use the bonus of the Numidian troops in the desert.

t
this is dad 12.03.22

Numidia is a very interesting faction in its passage, with finances very quickly problems begin. how do we mobilize all the troops (except for the troops in the siva) and we need to capture Kagfagen on the first moves. And there are no problems with finances! But you need to recruit troops very quickly. In order to repel the attack of the Scipios, the recruitment ended up capturing neighboring cities (preferably with low losses). The first battle has been won, now we are boldly going to take over the world !!!!!!!!!!

U
Uncle Fox 12.03.22

In my opinion, Numidia is the weakest faction: mediocre spearmen, legionnaires at the level of the Roman hastati, no super-unit. And in general, a limited assortment of troops. Maybe that's why it will be interesting to try to win, after all these mega-monsters, like Yulievs, Germans and the like? The only good thing Numidia gets is in the form of Mercenary Elephants. In theory, in every game, Numidia should be captured by Carthage, Egypt and Spain. I'm still surprised that playing as, say, Persians or Greeks, I happen to fight with this faction, because. I don't get to Africa very soon.
But it was interesting to fight against an army of 3 units of Desert Spearmen, 3x Numidian mounted archers, 2x camels and 3x long-shielded horsemen. Those. against an army almost entirely composed of cavalry. This has never happened to other factions. Even Parthia or the Scythians had a maximum ratio of 50% horse to foot.
He fought with them for the Greeks, the army consisted of 2x elite hoplites, 2x archers, 2x heavy peltasts, 2x horse throwers (1 squad consisted of 1/5 max. number of horsemen) and 2x catapults. For a heroic victory, we managed to pick up the tactics of the battle from the 6-7th time. The standard scheme did not work. I have never seen such mobility in any battle with other factions! But - a lot of fun.
I think I will play for all factions, and I will play for Numidia. In principle, it has the minimum required set of troops. So you can try.

U
Uncle Fox 12.03.22

There was an idea. To balance the balance, i.e. In order for Numidia to begin to represent a real force in the game, I propose to reduce the cost of maintaining troops. Slingers, which are quite weak against Balearic and Rhodians from 170 to 120. Peltasts from 170 to 140. Archers from 170 to 140. Cavalry from 140 to 110. Camels from 140 to 110. Horse Throwers from 130 to 110. Leave only Legionnaires and Infantry .
Yes, and reduce hiring from Peltasts, slingers, archers and horse throwers.
This will enable Numidia to recruit more troops and have time to reclaim significant territories before other nations develop into tough troops. And then she will gain more economic power, which will allow her to oppose the factions with cool units with a large number of her armies. Perhaps this will even out the balance of the game.

U
Uncle Fox 12.03.22

On the other hand, maybe it should be that Numidia was a weak state?

t
this is dad 2 12.03.22

Uncle
Fox Numidia was a vassal state in relation to Carthage

U
Uncle Fox 12.03.22

Yes, that's how it works in the game. Numidia merges hundredudovo. That's just for some reason, Carthage can not stand it, contrary to logic.

t
this is dad 2 12.03.22

Uncle_Fox
If you look at the troops of both sides, then the Carthaginian troops are much better to use, and the economy of Numidia is not strong

T
Tekos 12.03.22

I'm looking at everyone here has one tactic, give Siva to the Egyptians and immediately bring down Carthage. And vice versa? Throw all the forces to fight with Egypt? Nobody wants to mess with it. But so hardcore) while you conquer the valley of the Nile, which by the way is not very easy, the Scipii are strangling Carthage. But still, there is a high probability that the Carthaginians will attack first. It seems that you are just starting to more or less take the rap from Egypt, Carthage attacked. Dealt with Carthage, and the Scipii are on their way. Pure hardcore!