3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
l
le_prophet 18.03.22 01:34 am

Timings

Good day, I bought RAM 16GB ddr4 2666 kingston renegade, and decided for the first time in my life to get into the BIOS and adjust the timings, please tell me, as the most incompetent person in this matter, is it normal for me to set the timings for this RAM and is it possible better. And about the voltage, leave the stock 1.2V or raise it to 1.35V and what does it affect?

57 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lex one 18.03.22

le_prophet
No effect.

D
Denis Kyokushin 18.03.22

le_prophet
le_prophet wrote:
Do you have CR 1 or 2?
What's this?
le_prophet wrote:
And m2 has a significant effect in games relative to a regular ssd?
I don’t have a regular SSD. I can show it the maximum
speed
You can see it yourself when testing in the mini-window and running HDD monitoring in the taskbar. It turns out that with an average PC, SSD affects the minimum FPS.
I haven't figured out all the sub-timings myself yet:
Spoiler

D
Deshang 18.03.22

le_prophet
Rfc is calculated individually for all chips and the required value is measured in nanoseconds.
Formula: (RAM frequency / 2) * value in ns.
For example, if you need to set 300 ns at a frequency of 3200: (3200 / 2) * 300 = 480 (without extra zeros). Always rounded up to a multiple of 8 (exactly 480, not 482, for example).
350 ns is the standard for ddr4.
300-310 pull the most clumsy chips from Deshman sets.
Around 260 take the average.
Below 200 usually only samsung b-die can.

In your case, you should find out which hynix are.
If afr / mfr - it is unlikely to be lowered below 310-320 ns.
If cjr / djr - you can try up to 260.

In general, this is the last parameter to play with. Stabilized all timings at 1.35 and then gradually lower rfc by 10-20 ns. There is no point in driving hard for each ns.

l
lapwing mouse 18.03.22

le_prophet wrote:
And tested the difference. And m2 affects significantly in games relative to conventional ssd?
It only affects how fast the game loads. And that's it.

l
lapwing mouse 18.03.22

le_prophet
As for the RAM. Watch this dude. He's just a god in this area.
Spoilerhttps://www.youtube.com/c/Dakar/videos
Spoiler
Thanks to him, I set up everything and everything according to the opera at home.
spoiler

spoiler

01001000 01101001 18.03.22

le_prophet
le_prophet wrote:
And does m2 make a big difference in games compared to a regular ssd?
It depends on what SATA SSD is worth. One friend has problems in games on an old SSD. M2 cured the problem.
M2 is faster, especially for small files.

MOSHIVURII lapwing wrote:
It affects only the speed of loading the game. And that's it.
Again for his own ... loading speed is not everything. Response to small files, smoothness to rare events, silence and lack of mechanics, low power consumption. All modern gaming computers on SSD M2 have been assembled. HDD is just a file dump.

A
AnPei 18.03.22

MOSHIVURIA CHIBIS
He didn’t set it up completely on the z390, he promised to set up the primary timings and all the giga shoals there are hardly corrected, shows in videos with the io-l setting starting from z490 here the gigabyte itself caved in the bios added settings.

l
lapwing mouse 18.03.22

01001000 01101001
ssd m2 of huge volume is extra big money. Not even m2, but ordinary ssds with a capacity of more than 10 TB will cost a damn thing, especially since the games have now gone fat. Take the same Ark. More than 300 gb weighs with dopami! Yes, and ssds are now expensive with the current situation in the world. They are rarely bought. People mostly sit on regular hdd. It's better to save up some money and take a good video than a 10-20TB ssd m2.

l
lapwing mouse 18.03.22

AnPei wrote:
He did not set up the z390 until the end
. Give him time. He will return to that topic.

D
Denis Kyokushin 18.03.22

lapwing mouse
lapwing mouse wrote: It's
better to save up money and take a good video than ssd m2 with a volume of 10-20tb.
You can take a 500GB SSD M2

l
le_prophet 18.03.22

01001000 01101001
So I think, on the WD Green system ssd, friezes periodically slip in games, the state of the disk is 60%, the working time is 9k hours. Is it because of the disk.

D
Deshang 18.03.22

le_prophet
And you check the speed through the crystal disk mark

l
le_prophet 18.03.22

Deshang

le_prophet
Sorry, I don't remember or don't see the config. Can't say straight out, but yes, an SSD can be good. I had this until I put it on M2 (a glitch or something). Old disk. At one type from a forum such slipped. I could not fully clarify, but it seems like the M2 helped him.
The old SSD is no longer suitable for games. I would not become less than m2. But this is my personal story.
that's why you fight with timings, because friezes. Well, duck, it is unlikely that they will disappear after overclocking.
Such things have a wide scope - from the game itself to the system and hardware. I struggled with this for a long time.
You should record a video if you want to continue. Maybe we'll see something. And of course, whenever such a question arises - several games or on the reddit forum, for clarification, others have the same problem in this game. And then go and panic in vain.
HDDlife shows status? This one will show. There, the numbers can easily change dynamically. But this number doesn't mean anything. In real life - the same crystal disk info or victoria for status and errors. Only the failure of a drive will send it in for a replacement under warranty, not the condition numbers.
But speed raises questions, especially for small files, as I understand it. Is the disk full? An overloaded disk loses speed. He himself is sad. But whether he is the direct culprit - I can not say for sure. Just from personal experience, that's what happened to me.
Plextor M256 PRO

lapwing mouse
lapwing mouse wrote:
ssd m2 of huge volume is extra big money.
I already told you - there is no need to plant a garbage dump. One for 1-2Tb per eye.
Take the same Ark. More than 300 gb weighs with dopami!
350 Gigs. You don't play it. I play, and a 1000GB disk is enough for me, this game and 3-4 more or even more.
MOSHIVURII chibis wrote:
Yes, and ssd are now expensive with the current situation in the world. They are rarely bought.
No modern PC is complete without an SSD. M2s cost the same as SATA SSDs. And it's NOW, the price has gone up a lot. Literally 3-4 weeks ago I took 980 Samsung for 11 sput. Like norms. And I remind you, zhestakov only under the trash can. And chasing around the forum - all owners of gaming PCs, serious guys have been sitting on SSD M2 for a long time, this is the norm, and there are two reasons for this - convenience and requirements of the system / game projects.

I already told you that your mood and look, in particular Wishlist, are extremely specific in this area. They should not be PROJECTED onto mere mortals. The author and 500 gigs is enough. And this is a multiple better than even what he has now. And he, even now, costs 7-8 thousand. Gritting your teeth, if necessary, you can take it.
Spoiler
Of course, if he had taken it 3-4 weeks ago, he would have taken it for 4,000 rubles. Not a lot of money, you can't buy a rich card with it. ALTHOUGH even a card without a good SSD is zero on a stick. The data needs to be adjusted quickly, which the HDD cannot.

l
le_prophet 18.03.22

01001000 01101001
The disk is not full, 20% is only occupied. The system rtx 2060, i5 9400f, 16gb ddr4 2666 now has a latency of 48.
Freezes skip in Tarkov mostly, although the game is not optimized at all, but my friend, for example, even though the average fps is lower, but sometimes freezes do not slip at all.

le_prophet
Well! One game is not an indicator. There are guys on the forum with complaints. so, cool, optimize.
le_prophet wrote:
but sometimes friezes don't skip at all.
But this is generally funny - sometimes they don’t slip, but sometimes they slip ...

l
lapwing mouse 18.03.22

01001000 01101001 wrote:
350 Gigs. You don't play it. I play, and a 1000GB disk is enough for me, this game and 3-4 more or even more.
Started playing again two days ago.
01001000 01101001 wrote:
And chasing the forum - all owners of gaming PCs, serious guys have been sitting on SSD M2 for a long time, this is the norm, and there are two reasons for this - convenience and requirements of the system / game projects.
You are writing aggressively again.
I put a few games on it yesterday. Only the download speed of the game has changed, when compared with a regular hdd. Tested in Assassins, Cyberpunk, Horizon. Then I demolished them and copied them back to hdd. And left m2 for music and movies, Dogs 2, GTA5, Redemshen 2 for online modes.
01001000 01101001 wrote:
ALTHOUGH even a card without a good SSD is zero on a stick.
Denis did not have an ssd for a long time and nothing, everything was fine. I also sat without ssd for a long time. There were only hdd drives. I am now thinking about which one to buy a quality M2 (2tb) for online games. But we have a nuclear price tag on them.

l
lapwing mouse 18.03.22

01001000 01101001
I'm from the Old Believers' pitch and religion does not allow me to install games on ssd or m2 media (if only network ones). I still can't figure out why I bought m2(250gb). Well, I installed four games on it two years ago and decided to check the difference with hdd for 2009. I only saw that Redemshen 2 and the other three games launched faster. That's all. For me, it's like a defilement to install games on something other than hdd. Here's a question for you: What would you choose, a super fast m2 for 1tb or a clean one without demons and slow sectors hdd for 6tb 5900/7200 horses? I think the second option. And me too. For the size of the zhestak is our everything. Ask Palych Rokovy, he bought an ordinary hdd over a huge size, not an ssd. Previously, there were two ultraboys here, the Magic Hero and Vovanych Vulfich. So, the frametime schedule in Assassin Origins (Alexandria city) they had an extra straight line, and the game was on a regular hdd. Because it was not the hard drive that decided, but the correctly selected settings in the game and, of course, timings and sub-timings. As a result, they had such a wonderful exhaust in the game. And some still have troubles in the upper city in Horizon. The statters were very noticeable in the guys who have the game on the first patches. I also had the most severe jamming on the first patches. Later, Horizen was already developed by the developers. Now I'm thinking of taking a large m2 for network games. In Dogs 2 online, especially there is a difference in session loading when compared between hdd vs m2 vs ssd satan. I have almost 300 games and they are all on the HDD. On ordinary SSDs, there are three Windows. And there are several games on M2. I installed them only so that the place on m2 is not empty, but there is no wine on it. I made two clips of Dogs 2 online mode, but I had to play on hdd. Because the network profile from which I played is tied exactly to the Dogs that I have on my hdd. There are eight duplicate licenses of Dogs 2 in total, hence eight Uplay profiles. And that time I was playing with hdd. I do not argue, on my main profile on m2 Dogs load much faster. But that profile was busy that evening. I gave it to the dude for a while to play Divizhka 2. Now I want to transfer all these profiles to the new M2 and a few more network games. In short, so that the new M2 has only network games. But the price tag for 2tb M2 is really crazy! There are eight duplicate licenses of Dogs 2 in total, hence eight Uplay profiles. And that time I was playing with hdd. I do not argue, on my main profile on m2 Dogs load much faster. But that profile was busy that evening. I gave it to the dude for a while to play Divizhka 2. Now I want to transfer all these profiles to the new M2 and a few more network games. In short, so that the new M2 has only network games. But the price tag for 2tb M2 is really crazy! There are eight duplicate licenses of Dogs 2 in total, hence eight Uplay profiles. And that time I was playing with hdd. I do not argue, on my main profile on m2 Dogs load much faster. But that profile was busy that evening. I gave it to the dude for a while to play Divizhka 2. Now I want to transfer all these profiles to the new M2 and a few more network games. In short, so that the new M2 has only network games. But the price tag for 2tb M2 is really crazy!

lapwing mouse
lapwing mouse wrote:
Denis had no ssd for a long time and nothing, everything was fine.
FALSE. Ask yourself. Denis is not a fan of these SSDs. But he corrected his starters. And they were extremely unpleasant - horaizen, witcher, folych, watchdogs 2.
MOSHIVURIA chibis wrote:
Ask Palych Fatal, he bought an ordinary hdd over a huge size, not ssd.
Yes, yes, and stuttering is normal. Only this video is just a kapets:
Spoiler
CHIBIS MISHIVURIA wrote:
So here is the frametime schedule in Assassin Origins (Alexandria city) they had an extra straight line
What about iron? Office pitch. junk. We are talking about 2022. And about cards of the 3000 series. And what was there? I have the same norms on the plugging of the old one. But the new one, the requirements have already increased. Sorian, nothing else.
MOSHIVURIA lapwing wrote:
And some still have troubles in the upper city in Horizon.
You will be surprised. Denis has them and I have them on my hard drive. And some in the video of the Internet, TODAY on the latest patches. And it's all about the HDD. There are none on M2. You never explained. And I would like to understand why.
Spoiler
chibis mouse wrote:
I have almost 300 games and all of them on the HDD
chibis mouse wrote:
There are three Windows on ordinary SSDs. And there are several games on M2.
Indeed. You are a very special type. You play 300 games at once and sit at the same time for 3 windows. I wash hands. This is not an argument, but a personal conversation.
In conclusion, I repeat - all modern computers that we have assembled ONLY on SSD M2. HDD only for file trash. And if you look at the cases of modern computers, you won’t even see HDD baskets there.
Here's a chic top case for you. Cute and dream of the current owner of the gaming PC Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL:
Spoiler

https://www.playground.ru/misc/news/lian_li_vypustila_dvuhkamernyj_korpus_pc_o11_dynamic_xl-365517
And this is a budget case, the most popular:
Spoiler
A couple of slots. You don't stuff disks.
Even manufacturers hint and understand that there is no need to breed file trash in the presence of a productive Internet, and there is no need to collect junk games at all.
But the price tag for 2tb M2 is really crazy!
They stood at 16-20 thousand. Not so much. For 1000 - 8-12 thousand rubles. Now I am silent, this is a combo, it makes no sense to speak for hardware already - disks, video cards, processors, flew off, problems with - power supply, monitors.
Passed the game - thrown on the HDD. Need again - on the SSD. Easy, simple, convenient. I don't know how you can play on the HDD at all, I'm already used to the download speed, this is at least.

l
lapwing mouse 18.03.22

01001000 01101001
I didn't really understand what was written, but let's try to figure it out.
Yes, yes, and stuttering is normal. Only this video is just kapets:
This is a video of Stas. Not my video. He is the Executioner of Rock. Maybe you're new here and don't know the whole kitchen, but I'll tell you. This is his old percent. That percent, which was covered with a copper basin. Because of him, he had errors, crashes, jams, stutters and other micro-moments. Then he bought exactly the same, but a new one, plus he replaced the card with a 6900xt. And if he made the same video now, then I am 100% sure that the game would run perfectly smoothly. So, let's move on. I'm re-reading this for the third time and I can't figure out if this is a question or a statement or something else:
What about iron? Office pitch. junk. We are talking about 2022. And about cards of the 3000 series. And what was there? I have the same norms on the plugging of the old one. But the new one, the requirements have already increased. Sorian, nothing else.
What do you want to say? Further you write: You will be surprised. Denis has them and I have them on my hard drive. And some in the video of the Internet, TODAY on the latest patches. And it's all about the HDD. There are none on M2. You never explained. And I would like to understand why.
I do not believe. What is your proof??? Make a test in the same place, in the upper city, so that the game is on hdd, the latest version of the patch, with a fixed hertz, for example, at 60. Whose video did you throw off? I'm watching now and writing from my phone. Can't determine which channel the video is from. The dude in the video in the game has a fierce trash going on. Stutters one by one. It's better not to play like that at all. It seems that the disochka has really come to an end and there are a huge number of slow sectors on it. I wouldn't be surprised if it clicks inside. In short, complete bullshit. You can't play like that! Let's go further.
Indeed. You are a very special type. You play 300 games at once and sit at the same time for 3 windows. I wash hands. This is not an argument, but a personal conversation.
You can play games at the same time. But not at 300. I launched a maximum of four games and minimized them one by one, so as not to launch another one, but switch between them. But it was nonsense. Since the computer lagged a lot. It was just an experiment on the processing power of the processor and its temperature. As for Windows, did you understand what you said ??? How can you sit on three at once? When we start the computer, one Windows starts from the hard drive. You can only go to different profiles. Do not confuse. But you can not immediately switch from one Windows to another on the same computer. These are not games for you when you can switch through the task manager to another application. How do you do it between three windows at once ??? It's really not real, man! Let's go further.
You are writing:
In conclusion, I repeat - all modern computers that we have assembled ONLY on SSD M2. HDD only for file trash. And if you look at the cases of modern computers, you won’t even see HDD baskets there.
Hardcore hdd will live for more than one decade. Because they are more reliable and cheaper! Do you understand that this is an overly expensive pleasure, if we talk about m2? Many now have huge Hdd sizes, 6-10-15 and above Tb. Ask Stas how much he has! And you offer to transfer such uber sizes to ssd, so even more so to M2 ???? Shta??? Will you sleep mushrooms bro ???) I also want))) Yopta, look how much these m2 sizes cost now and how much you can get a regular hdd, for example 6tb. Hdd will be held in high esteem for many more years. As well as drives. For many of us use not only flash drives, but also blanks. Where are the proofs that you have only m2 there ???? Where can I get such hallucinogenic mushrooms))) M2 has always been ALWAYS in short supply !!! And always will!!! They do not replace large hdd sizes. You probably don’t play games and don’t know that now they weigh over a dofiga. For example, ten games of 50gb each, that's already 500gb!!!!!! And if there are hundreds of them, and if among them are those that weigh hundreds or more GB ??? What then bro??!!!! Damn, this is crazy, that's enough, enaf!
Let's go further.
Here's a chic top case for you. Cuteness and dream of the current owner of the gaming PC Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL:
The hull looks awesome! I would hide from a cat in it!) Really high and deep. But one thing is confusing. It's kind of very narrow. Therefore, it is for average gaming. That is, do not put a top card there. Maximum cards from the 2060-2070 series, or 3060-3060ti. 3090ti will definitely not fit))) You will need to look at the characteristics. Maybe he is so narrow in the photo. So what do we have next. There was something else about vidyuhi somewhere. Perhaps you erased or the moderators cleaned it up. I remember exactly, there was something about cards !! I'm watching you. In conclusion, I will say: Forget it! Forget about new vidyashki and prots. I went to the dns site yesterday. I bought a 10900kf percent at the end of October 2021 for 39999, and now it is 67999. Have you seen the price tag of 3090? In November 2020, Palit Gaming Pro 3090 cost 155 grand, and now it costs 370,999 thousand, Carl!!!!!! How do you like this???!!!!! I have not looked at the operatives and motherboards yet !!!! The guys were waiting for them to go down in price in less than a year, but a year and four months have passed and here is the result for you !!!!! Therefore, it’s better not to rock the boat now, but wait it out, save up money and switch to the new 4xxx generation. It remains only to see the price tags of new cards, and indeed whether we will have them in our country because of the damn sanctions!!! And now let's raise our hands to the heavens (possibly to the ceiling) and pray to the supreme gods for their indulgence on Russian gaming and lowering the price of iron!!! For there is nowhere to retreat, not a step into the camp of the consolota !!! I said everything! This is the way!!! Therefore, it’s better not to rock the boat now, but wait it out, save up some money and switch to the new 4xxx generation. It remains only to see the price tags of new cards, and indeed whether we will have them in our country because of the damn sanctions!!! And now let's raise our hands to the heavens (possibly to the ceiling) and pray to the supreme gods for their indulgence on Russian gaming and lowering the price of iron!!! For there is nowhere to retreat, not a step into the camp of the consolota !!! I said everything! This is the way!!! Therefore, it’s better not to rock the boat now, but wait it out, save up some money and switch to the new 4xxx generation. It remains only to see the price tags of new cards, and indeed whether we will have them in our country because of the damn sanctions!!! And now let's raise our hands to the heavens (possibly to the ceiling) and pray to the supreme gods for their indulgence on Russian gaming and lowering the price of iron!!! For there is nowhere to retreat, not a step into the camp of the consolota !!! I said everything! This is the way!!! I said everything! This is the way!!! I said everything! This is the way!!!