3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nord Berlensky 26.03.22 02:01 pm

The game requires VP9 codec... is there a solution ? (GhostWire: Tokyo)

The gameplay itself works, some videos too, but most of the cutscenes go on a dark screen and without sound. At the same time, before the cutscene, asking for the VP9 codec. Looking in the k-lite codek, VP9 is there and it's being installed... so I don't understand anything at all. Does anyone have any ideas?
54 Comments
Sort by:
K
KIBERMAX 26.03.22

Nord Berlensky
I don't know what kind of Windows you have and what kind of Vasyansk assembly you have, but in Windows 10-11, as it were, by default there is a VP9 codec that, roughly speaking, is downloaded (updated) from the Microsoft Store.

N
Nord Berlensky 26.03.22

KIBERMAX
Ten corporate 21H2, original image. There is nothing Vasyansky here, quite a popular Windows.

O
Oak Sorcerer 26.03.22

Nord Berlensky
And what for for games to put corporate Windows? For home and games, put home, corporate Windows is not about that at all.

N
Nord Berlensky 26.03.22

OakSorcerer
figs knows, it's been worth it for a long time, less unnecessary programs and junk services. and ... up to this point, for at least 5 years, there have been no problems.

a
agula98 26.03.22

Download VP9 Video Extensions from Microsoft Store and install, should fix the problem

N
Nord Berlensky 26.03.22

agula98
would he still ... I'll go install it.

M
Max P 26.03.22

Nord Berlensky
Just in the corporate version there is no vp 9 codec.

N
Nord Berlensky 26.03.22

Max P
Well, what a coincidence...

w
wanj 26.03.22

Nord Berlensky If you
find a solution, write it here

1DecapitatorR1 26.03.22

In the Microsoft Store, or download appx and install VP9 Video Extensions, and everything will work, it didn’t work for me at first either, I installed it, now everything is fine

R
Roke Alva 26.03.22

Now it would be under all sanctions against us, only download from the stores and update Windows. Once again you will update and in general the computer will become a log.

a
agula98 26.03.22

Roke Alva
This is nonsense of alarmists, if they wanted to, they would block Windu without any updates

R
REX12579 26.03.22

cl codec helped me against the vp9 checkbox turned on the H.264 codec in the LAV video decoder menu

R
Roke Alva 26.03.22

agula98
well, I have an assembly with updates disabled, and as a result, a couple of days after the understandable events, Windows began to offer to update, which by the way is not for me alone, which raises questions, why would it suddenly be like that. No, no, and suddenly update. No, it's not clean. By the way, VP9 is not installed through ltsc, even advice from the github does not help, so either you can really download it through the Windows store, or score and watch the missing cutscenes through YouTube. there is already a complete walkthrough of the game with cutscenes cut out.

d
dmitriymak36 26.03.22

Rebzya!!! Fixed the error! http://www.codecguide.com/media_foundation_codecs.htm - codec
Before downloading K-LITE

d
dmitriymak36 26.03.22

Nord Berlensky
Rebzya!!! Fixed the error! http://www.codecguide.com/media_foundation_codecs.htm - codec
Before downloading K-LITE

Z
Zloimamont 26.03.22

Vvvvd
This is not the link to the store.

V
Vvvvd 26.03.22

Zloimamont Seems
to be yes

N
Nord Berlensky 26.03.22

wanj
bald horseradish, what I found .... on a corporate, apparently, it’s either too oooooooooochen to put it on, or it’s impossible at all. There is no MediaFeaturePack here either, and you can’t install it from the side, since it is for the N version of Windows. So the apixes are not installed. And in components and applications, all this is simply not there. So .... probably I'll score and I'll watch cutscenes on YouTube. The game is not so big and significant that for the sake of it with Windows to steam up.

Z
Zloimamont 26.03.22

Solved the problem. And I wrote an article in https://zen.yandex.ru/media/id/5e7ded9b69f0af4fe19279f3/kak-postavit-vp9-codec-windows-10-bez-magazina-623e37bde5069a55a14f36ff. In short, you need to manually install the codec. Actual for those who do not have a Windows store.