3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nord Berlensky 26.03.22 02:01 pm

The game requires VP9 codec... is there a solution ? (GhostWire: Tokyo)

The gameplay itself works, some videos too, but most of the cutscenes go on a dark screen and without sound. At the same time, before the cutscene, asking for the VP9 codec. Looking in the k-lite codek, VP9 is there and it's being installed... so I don't understand anything at all. Does anyone have any ideas?
54 Comments
Sort by:
l
lapwing mouse 03.04.22

A
Alexpool0 03.04.22

The same crap was on win11, I decided by downloading vp9 from here
https://www.free-codecs.com/vp9_video_extension_download.htm
helped immediately even without leaving the game)

J
Jack Alkash 03.04.22

Zloimamont
Thank you, it helped

Z
Zloimamont 03.04.22

Jack Alkash
Glad that helped. If you leave a comment on Zen, I will be grateful.

Is everything clear? Shouldn't something be added?

Z
Zloimamont 03.04.22

Alexpool0
There's just an appex file and a link to the store. Some shops don't. And not everyone can put the appex file. Plus, in addition to vp 9, I recommend downloading additional codecs.

w
wowerro 03.04.22

Zloimamont
Thank you. I’ll bookmark the instructions.
I tried the simplest:
1) Downloaded the store installer from github
2) installed 3) opened the
appx codec installer and clicked on the
installation

that it is LTSC, but also, suddenly, for its intended purpose. To put an axis next to it purely for games - thank you.

Z
Zloimamont 03.04.22

wowerro
Also thought to install a store. But I don't need him. It took 1 time in 4 years. Thought it would be easier. Although the article seems long, it takes 5-6 minutes to complete.

I personally work on a computer, but I play very rarely.

O
OswaldXI 03.04.22

Maybe the question is stupid, but can I find out in advance, before downloading the game or codecs, if I have this VP9 codec?
Can this be seen somewhere?

R
RIMMARAMMA 03.04.22

Zloimamont
Thank you buddy, it helped a lot))

R
RIMMARAMMA 03.04.22

OswaldXI
I don’t know for 100%, but download the program (O&O AppBuster) if it’s not there (VP9), then most likely you don’t have it on your PC)) if Zloimamont wrote above, find his comment with a link to the article there is a solution))

99Anya99 11.04.22

Zloimamont
hello, can you please help me too, I can’t access the folder, it gives a number of errors, they say I couldn’t get access

C
Cka.T 11.04.22

Alexpool0 The
same thing, without a tambourine, I just downloaded VP9 and the scenes started working. Just before that, I installed the latest version of the Nvidia 512.15 drivers on the video card for 38 thousand from 2017))

E
Emily Grace 31.05.22

Nord Berlensky
Who has the same problem as me with VP9 installed black screen on cutscenes with prerender. You most likely have LAVFilters, (installed with K-Lite Codec Pack) You need: open start - find in the folders "K-Lite Codec Pack" - codec tweak tool - in the menu at the bottom, uncheck .webm. save, everything worked. I've been tormented for a couple of weeks now, thanks to the guy from the steam discussions.

E
Emily Grace 31.05.22

Keks
Try my advice just above.