3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Eloi 11.04.22 10:32 pm

fps drops in gta 5rp (Grand Theft Auto 5)

Please help me I bought a new video card rx6600xt and in gta 5rp where a large crowd of people and cars (car market, market with clothes) fps drops up to 40, before that it was gtx 960 and fps was the same, although the card is much weaker. I was told by people who have a weaker card, for example 1650, that in such places they don’t have any drawdowns on ultras. What could be the problem? Maybe it's the radeon that works worse with this game and produces less fps than the weaker geforce cards? If something is the whole system (ryzen 5 3600, rx6600xt 8gb video card, 16gb RAM, the game is on ssd. I know that the servers are in gta rp curves, but just some people say that everything is smooth in such places and there are no drawdowns.
31 Comments
Sort by:
G
GIBAY 11.04.22

Eloi
The processor is to blame. GTA 5 has problems with multithreading. In GTA Online, I also have drawdowns up to 40 fps, although the video card is RTX 2060 Super.
Always look at the loading of the video card and remember: Low fps and underloaded video card - the processor is almost always to blame.
In short, GTA 5 loves productive cores like intuli or ryazhenka 5xxx.

E
Eloi 11.04.22

GIBAY

S
SonyK_2 11.04.22

Eloi
And where is the load per CPU core/thread visible? - GTA online mode loads the processor more, many people have problems online (and on different configurations). There are enough topics on the forum about this, if you read it initially, you would not have to create your own.

l
lapwing mouse 11.04.22

SonyK_2
Yes, there are no performance problems there. The game is going great. EXCEPT ONE PROBLEM! After all these sanctions, when you enter the game, the network session is hard, how long it takes to load !!!!!

l
lapwing mouse 11.04.22

SonyK_2
Here I did the test on the old bunch online.
SpoilerThe game is not on ssd. I am a strong opponent of this

S
SonyK_2 11.04.22

MOUSE PANEL MOUSE PANEL wrote:
...there are no performance problems there anymore... At 10900KF
with 5.2 GHz?
... did the test on the old bunch online ...
The video is old, since then there have been no online updates?
The game is not on ssd. I am an ardent opponent of this ...
If there are 4 SSDs (including NVMe) in the system? ... ;)
Spoiler

l
lapwing mouse 11.04.22

The percent then was 8700k 5.0ghz. The ssds were practically the same, BUT they only had Redemshen 2 and eight copies of Dogs 2 licenses, as well as Cyberpunk for comparison tests with hdd / ssd and Windows. There were online updates, but after the sanctions, the network mode download increased several times in GTA 5.

S
SonyK_2 11.04.22

lapwing mouse
lapwing mouse wrote:
...Ssds were almost the same, BUT they have... eight copies of Dogs 2 licenses...
Spoiler
... after the sanctions, the download of the network mode increased many times in gta5.
Apparently they started queuing up. But then the download - it was originally a curve there, even the news was written that someone, having edited the file, increased the download speed and the developers recognized this. The vehicle has 2 different video underloads and because of this, the framerate drops:
Eloi wrote:
...where a large crowd of people and cars (auto market, market with clothes) fps drops up to 40, before that it was gtx 960 and fps was like this well...
PS I encountered this myself, in another online game - I go to a location with a large number of players and the frame rate drops when the video is underloaded.

l
lapwing mouse 11.04.22

SonyK_2 wrote:
But then the download - it was originally a curve there,
Now it has become much longer than before. I have to play early in the morning before work. Or at work in the afternoon. Then the loading of the network card is completed a little faster. But even then not always.

L
Loken 11.04.22

MOUSE lapwing
GTA 5 Online squanders FPS somewhere by 15-20% of the story mode.
And GTA 5 RP squanders FPS by another 20-30% of online and the drawdown is much tougher. There are 100 times more players on the server than in regular online and custom interiors, which are not in regular GTA.
There, performance is scaled from the processor, the memory controller and the memory itself.

l
lapwing mouse 11.04.22

Loken
With performance, everything is perfect for me there. Thousands of hours have already been played. Infuriates the fact that the network mode has become much longer loaded when you enter the game.

S
SonyK_2 11.04.22

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
MOSHIVURIA lapwing wrote:
With performance, everything is perfect for me there ...
No wonder - the CPU is more productive, the RAM is 2 times more (I suspect that the memory itself is faster) than that of the vehicle. It is correctly written above:
Loken wrote:
... performance scales from the processor, memory controller and memory itself.

l
lapwing mouse 11.04.22

SonyK_2
Damn, we found something to check) I remember there was never a problem with this game on 8700k and 6700k. Everything is fine there. And there were never any deviations at all. Maybe this game has problems on Ryzen or because of AMD cards? Here I don't know. Although there are a lot of patches for the game, and there shouldn't be any problems for the greens and the reds. A friend has 7700k, 1080Ti card, opera 48gb 3000, full hd resolution. The game flies on ultra.

L
Loken 11.04.22

MOUSE lapwing
Did you play regular online or RP?

l
lapwing mouse 11.04.22

Loken
Regular online is like home for me))) Do you mean a regular network session?

L
Loken 11.04.22

MOUSE lapwing
No, there is the usual GTA 5 Online, which can be played by all owners of GTA 5 simply by selecting the Online mode.
And there is also a modified GTA 5 Online RP, where you need to download an additional launcher and it can download another 20+ gigs of server files. There are already 1000+ players on the server and custom interiors, skins, cars and a bunch of additional features, it depends on the server.
This RP (role play) eats much more processor and memory resources than the usual GTA 5 and GTA 5 online.

l
lapwing mouse 11.04.22

Loken wrote:
This RP (role play) eats much more processor and memory resources than regular GTA 5 and GTA 5 online.
OK. I'll know. I haven't tried it yet.

E
Eloi 11.04.22

Loken
I'm just afraid that it's the Radeon, it suddenly turns out that the GeForce cards are weaker in these places where there are a lot of people and cars will have more fps. I want to buy 8 percent cores and suddenly nothing will change with these 8 cores

E
Eloi 11.04.22

Loken
On the Internet, there are no tests for rp anywhere, and if people ask in the rp itself, they are stupidly too lazy to even download the frame counter and generally do all this in order to measure some frames)

L
Loken 11.04.22

Eloi
I already threw this vid to you, but you can watch it again

From 1:10 onwards, man says that he has drops up to 30 frames from 3700x and 2070super.
But if you have the opportunity to shoot someone's Geforce card, you can try it yourself.
And 2 additional cores will not give you anything. You need a percent that works with memory at minimum latency and high data transfer rates. As I already wrote, these are either 5000 ryzens, or some new items from Intel (or not very old tops). And a good memory of course.