3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Manifold 17.04.22 11:44 pm

In the name of the world! The Legend of the Hero Who Came Down from Heaven (Diablo 2)

Greetings, dear regulars and casual visitors of the Playground/Diablo2 forum!

So a month has passed since the death of a sorceress not timid named Hermione. Nobody is forgotten, nothing is forgotten. Her exploits will forever remain in the memory of the inhabitants of Sanctuary, and the last battle with a flock of ghosts on one of the floors of the Abandoned Tower will be legendary...
www.rubattle.net/forums/diablo_2/germiona_mech_i..

After the loss of the main character, Sanctuary is practically doomed and it would seem that there is nowhere to wait for help. Meanwhile, a heated dispute is unfolding in heaven about the future fate of this world; most of the archangels of the Angirian council are in favor of its destruction. Only the archangel of justice Tyrael is trying with all his might to convince the council, but in vain. Having lost his last hope, Tyrael secretly and in violation of the Law of Heaven sends his best ward, a paladin named Arthur, to Sanctuary in order to finally eradicate the Powers of Hell. A new hero has accepted this challenge!

This is where the lyrics ended. And immediately a painful question: why again a paladin? To be honest, the decision is spontaneous and almost thoughtless. In the topic about Hermione, I came across a lot, including interesting ones, of options, ranging from Samon Druid to Poison Dagger Necro. All mile spreads were originally excluded from this series; Agree, four melee heroes are too much. Then I began to reflect on the possible caster / range options, and something intelligible was already gathering in my head, but very predictable and not very interesting. And then a thought flashed through, but how will the passage for the Paladin on Fist of the Heavens turn out? And I could not make an adequate assessment of the potential of this character. Stylish, bold, biting and very unpredictable! Why Arthur? I wanted to please both connoisseurs of noble names with history, and lovers of trolling.

The rules are the same as before:
- version 1.13d, single player, hardcore, difficulty /players 8 enabled all the time except for Countess races;
- mx, chickens, heroeditor, autotp, expanded chest, etc. - strictly prohibited;
- ladder runewords are allowed (command -direct -txt);
- Save & Exit in battle is allowed;
- card re-roll is allowed;
- shopping is allowed (multiple visits to Drognan).

I will break down the goals depending on the complexity:
1. Normal
1.1. Complete all the acts on the Holy Fire spec (well, forgive me, I'll deviate from the storyline a bit in order to save time);
1.2. Collect Ancient Pledge in a shield and Spirit in a Crystal Sword;
1.3. Accumulate gold on Gamble;

2 Nightmare
2.1. Immediately - respec for Fist of the Heavens!;
2.2. Collect a clear measure with Insight (FoH, I remind you, requires a lot of mana);
2.3. Level this difficulty without reruns if possible;

3. Hell
3.1. Farm runes on Lawnbringer. As planned, a mercenary will cope with light immuns, dekra to help him. It is also desirable to acquire Treachery;
3.2. Reach level 90!
3.3. Settle in Lower Kurast and catch Ber;
3.4. Deal with Diablo and Baal!

This time, I intend to reach the end! Just enough motivation. Any questions/suggestions/wishes on the passage are welcome.
92 Comments
Sort by:
R
Rescue Cat 17.04.22

Yes, Merck rules.
Manifold, what if you pass Diablo by 8 ppl, merk! Nobody really did this. Or not, it's too cool. Better nekr onli for curses and merk, and 8 ppl! Tadam, how's the idea?)

T
Torum. 17.04.22

So you go through with a hammer, then respec for a fohera. Why trade for a nightmare.

M
Manifold 17.04.22

SergeyS1988 The layout of
skills can be as follows: 20 FOH, 20 conva, 20 holy shock, 13 passing. Total: 73. I expect to approach Hell with level 75, i.e. 82 skill points. Now you have to choose where to throw the remaining points: into the Holy Shield or the Holy Bolt.

3m3m
Who is gosa-merk in the single? This is Treachery + Obedience + helmet with a lich (ideally a geyz). I doubt that he will drag the same pack of ghosts alone. Why do you need the spell itself? Conva (reducing fres for Obed and defense) + FOH (if the mob is not light imun) + healed with a bolt + proc decra.

RescueCat: Better necro only for curses and merk, and 8 ppl!
The idea is good, but I doubt that I will be happy to sit down for such a hero

Torum.
I would like to feel all the delights and get used to foher already from a nightmare. Agree, such an experience will not hurt before hel.

G
Grieffon 17.04.22

Manifold
Definitely a holy bolt. At least there will be a good remedy against the undead (which, by the way, are many light immunities). I would even focus on the bolt, because. lightning damage from a fist, to put it mildly, is not very good for pvm, while a lot of bolts scatter. And take, for example, fanaticism as the main aura (to strengthen the measurement). True, the original idea breaks down a bit.

S
SergeyS1988 17.04.22

ya kogda owen davno po neznaniu v single prohodil fohom, owen dolgo is ripami no nm prowel. :) dumau i tyt so znaniem dela mojno proiti budet, no dolgo vse budet :)

Manifold ti b pridumal cebe kakoi nibud dopolnitnii skill, naprimer zeal. Ved dymay tu budew stremitsa k cm?

o
obsessed 17.04.22

I would even focus on the bolt
Bolt of energy that damages undead
Grieffon, great idea!

SergeyS1988, it's better to stir up additional. chara and shoot two people over tcp / ip: foher is standing, and zil is running around him and killing everyone! ;-)

G
Grieffon 17.04.22

Obsessed
Well, in my opinion, it's better than nothing. With only one FoH, the main (read: all) burden will fall on the measure, while the hero himself will stand behind him and pretend to be Zeus. However, I do not impose. If Manifolda manages to carry out his plan, then it will be truly something heroic :)

o
obsessed 17.04.22

Grieffon, no, but I'm serious about the second zil! ;D I generally like reliable options, and not mutuzit each mob for half an hour. there is life for difficulties. By the way, both of us with the author have small children and there are a lot of tasks with them. but no, give him another foxer for xc! ;-)

G
Grieffon 17.04.22

Obsessed
I think Manifold has such a peculiar hobby or even creativity. You can see there are even fans

B
Biscop_moo 17.04.22

I'm serious about the second zil!
do not mutuzit each mob for half an hour.
As if a zealot wearing a single would do it faster. Or do you get colossal aesthetic satisfaction from a zealot and this half an hour doesn't count? If hunting is really fast, then take a light forty or an amka to the company, it will be relatively fast and boring.

o
obsessed 17.04.22

Grieffon, for me it's better to have one fan in real life than a hundred here ;D

Episcop_moo, in my opinion, for the company, after all, it was a joke ;-) and if not, Mainfold still won't lead. I saw his picture - it's useless. ;D

p
passed 17.04.22

Manifold
Lower limit of resists -100%.

And then the unfortunate phalen will be resurrected by the shaman and death will already befall the hero who has descended .. into hell. =}

o
obsessed 17.04.22

What will I strive for?
Manifold, crescent moon, I think. xs, I would rather go to nature with a child on my shoulders (I plan to get warmer, by the way, everything is right outside my window). In my opinion, such a challenge is better than in games. :-)

Z
ZakarumFoot 17.04.22

Bishibosh pokarait!

R
Rescue Cat 17.04.22

"That is, this demon will suffer death a couple of seconds after it enters my field of vision."
Falena can and will comprehend. You better count how many minutes death will befall the Lord's vein)

G
Grieffon 17.04.22

Obsessed
I agree, such popularity is somewhat doubtful)

Manifold
As for me, the only rational use is in the crowd of uneds, because of the "holy arrows". Preferably, of course, with pumped appropriate synergy. Otherwise, it's just special effects.
In truth, I even hope that I underestimated this skill in due time, and you will be able to dispel this misconception. Seriously, no trolling or anything.

o
obsessed 17.04.22

Manifold, xs, short. I tried to do fohera on cl - so there it’s just not to run to hcs. non-andeds are squeezed into a warm, friendly embrace. True, then it turns out that they have something more in their plans than just friendship. ;D so I don't believe in the idea. all the more, with my attitude to farm gear from scratch, settled on the pg.

M
Manifold 17.04.22

Obsessed: xs, I'd rather go to nature with a child on my shoulders.
One thing doesn't interfere with the other. It is clear that for any person, the family should come first. But you also need to love yourself, otherwise you can burn out. I was also very lucky with my wife, sometimes she provides a little time for my hobbies directly.
According to the crescent, I can say that it is necessary to estimate whether he will be better than a spiritualist or

even RescueCat: how many minutes will death befall the venom of the lord)
These guys are only cool in groups. One by one, merk and I must cut them into one or two.

o
obsessed 17.04.22

Manifold, duh, I don't think the creskent will ignite.

M
Manifold 17.04.22

The first difficulty has been successfully completed! It was easy. Perhaps, only in Chaos Sanctuary and during the murder of Diablo I had to play with both eyes
Spoiler

The mentor qualitatively spent our hero by throwing a portal that cannot be entered
Spoiler

Well, where without it? :)
Spoiler

Immediately after that, I began to diligently clear the Cow Level with the hope of finding a Crystal Sword with 4 sockets or, at worst, just a Crystal Sword and try to break through them in a cube. I didn’t get the first option for 5 races, but the second one fell out about three. Oddly enough, the coveted 4 nests turned out on the first try!
Spoiler

Ready for the next difficulty - 100%!
Spoiler

Made a respec on FoH. I am optimistic about the future!
Spoiler