3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Samson14 05.05.22 12:26 am

Ryzen 5 5600x

Guys who will tell you something .. I bought a processor yesterday to replace the ryzen 5 3600. I stuck it and changed the thermal paste. I went into BIOS and, as with the old processor, set the xmp profile. Windows started up fine. I decided to test cyberpunk in the game with the old settings. I started the main menu and I hear the cooler making noise, start the fps monitor and I have a processor temperature in the game menu of 72 degrees. I loaded the save, went into the game itself, the temperature dropped to 62 and the cooler calmed down. I press esk, the menu appears and again the temperature is up to 72. On the desktop, 42 degrees. In other games did not try time was not. Msi b 550 gaming plus. Rtx 3060 32gb g.skill. cooling deepcool 240v2 . Didn't reinstall Windows and didn't update BIOS.
13 Comments
Sort by:
S
Samson14 05.05.22

Here is the screenshot

S
Samson14 05.05.22

tt

S
SonyK_2 05.05.22

Samson14
Samson14 wrote:
...Launched - the main menu and I hear the cooler making noise, start the fps monitor and my processor temperature in the game menu is 72 degrees. I loaded the save, went into the game itself, the temperature dropped to 62 and the cooler calmed down. I press esk, the menu appears and again the temperature reaches 72 ...
In the menu of some games, the frame rate may increase (if not limited) due to the simplification of graphics and less load on the video card.
Spoiler
More frames per second - higher load on the CPU, respectively, higher and its temperature. Limit the frame rate with something, for example, in the video control program ...
Spoiler
..., or third-party software:
Spoiler

S
Samson14 05.05.22

SonyK_2
Well, why was this not observed on the 3600 processor?

l
lapwing mouse 05.05.22

Samson14
Maybe the percent got problematic? Don’t say what, but the most imbecile and not messy processors from AMD are 3600-3700

D
Denis Kyokushin 05.05.22

Samson14
It was necessary to monitor the temperature of the Ryzen 5 3600, then I would have found the answer to my question
. Your load on the percentage is only 38%, and the temperature is already 72 °. Here is your answer

l
lapwing mouse 05.05.22

Samson14
When there is time, update the BIOS and try to check the temperature in any other games.

M
Marsj 05.05.22

Deepcool 240v2 is dropsy?

S
Samson14 05.05.22

Marsj
Yes

X
X_ray_83 05.05.22

Samson14
Because the cooling of the 5000 series is worse than that of the 3600 because of the process that is even thinner than 7nm.
The crystal area has become smaller and it has become more difficult to dissipate heat. This feature of the Ryzen 5000 is especially critical for the 5800.

b
bloomm 05.05.22

I started to stink all over the Internet, then in the DNS club I shit now here =) Calm down already, read the T.X processor and sleep peacefully.

S
SonyK_2 05.05.22

Samson14
Samson14 wrote:
...why didn't this happen on the 3600 processor?
For example, due to the fact that the maximum clock frequencies differ:
Spoiler

Or, after the replacement, the contact of the cooling system with the CPU cover became worse.
PSWhen such problems, it is better to upload not a screenshot, but a video (MSI Afterburner, etc.), and it is desirable that all indicators are also visible on it.

L
Loken 05.05.22

Samson14
Spoiler Make sure you select the correct sensor, which will have (Tdie) written in brackets.
By default, the fps monitor selects the Tctl sensor, which can artificially increase the real temperature for more aggressive use of the cooling cooler. If you are interested, you can read more about this by googling Tctl amd. In short, always make sure that the Tdie sensor is selected, it is he who shows the real temperature of the processor.