3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Ellewilde 11.05.22 11:35 pm

Little Tricks and Tips (Dragon Age: Origins)

I propose in this thread to share small secrets of passing (not passing quests, but pleasant little things). For example:

Ostagar.

* If you choose persuasion / deceit when talking with an elf messenger near the kennel, you can get a very decent sword (if the GG is not a swordsman warrior, it’s better to give it to Alistair - there will be more benefits).

* Belt can be stolen from the Quartermaster +1 Constitution.

* If you buy a backpack from the Quartermaster before going to the Wildlands, then another one will appear on sale upon your return. Shrinking in other expenses, it is quite possible to buy it.

* Before you go to the tower of Ishal, look into the mabari pens. In one of them (where the dead dog is) is a page of the codex about mabari dogs.

* If the GG does not have the skills of a herbalist or creating poisons, still do not sell the ingredients, you can also buy them. Davet has the poison skill, and the herbalist has the magician, who joins in the assault on the tower of Ishal. A few extra poultices and bottles of poison never hurt =).

A start has been made - shall we continue?... ;))
94 Comments
Sort by:
n
naruto21mm 11.05.22

Sapsan13-you are dibl! I said that I have 2 saves! I did it in one and not in the other!

I
Innos RULEZ 11.05.22

By the way, is there a list of NPCs from which you can steal a page in the code??? And then I want to collect the entire code! Maybe someone knows???

G
Geralt38 11.05.22

* in the tower of magicians in the shade there are rooms with pedestals that give +1 to the characteristics. If you quickly click on the pedestal several times, the characteristic will increase several times. so you can almost become a god

S
Salavat_Smouk 11.05.22

I don’t know if they wrote it or not :) but I’ll write it))
When you go through a mission for the elves, with werewolves, you can give the elves various herbs as a supply that cost little ...
and these herbs can be bought from the elves themselves, and when you help they give you experience) and now you can go to the elves' camp, and buy the most shower room full of herbs, and return to your camp, and give them all the herbs, and so for a small payment you can quickly and without problems get to the maximum level))
That's the whole point with experience))

Another trick ... related to specialization, before you do what you don’t want to do but in return you will be given some kind of specialization, you can save and do everything to get a specialization :) and when you get it, then download and do what you want to) and you will already have the specialization that you have discovered) and there are those that you need to buy, then it’s the same, just save, buy, read, and download, don’t spend money and you have what you need))
This healthy)

E
Endemic 11.05.22

So, guys, who wants an infinite amount of gold without bugs, without art-money, etc. in Dragon Age - read on!
1. Download from Morrigan, Wynn or GG "herbalist" to the end (to the master).
2. Accumulate initial capital ~100 gold.
3. We go to the Tower of Mages, we buy lyrium dust from the quartermaster about ... dofiga, so that only 3 free places remain in the inventory.
4. We go to Denerim, in the shop "Curities of Thedas" we buy a recipe for a potent lyrium potion.
5. We go to the tavern "Bitten Nobleman", we buy from the innkeeper a reagent for sublimation 99 pcs., a concentrating reagent 99 pcs. and bottles 99pcs.
6. We prepare a potent lyrium potion and sell it to the innkeeper. Again we buy reagents and flasks (already more, because inventory cells have opened), we sell them.

20 silver net profit for just one potion! The main thing is to buy everything in these places, even Bodan is more expensive.

N
N1KO VS PLAYBOY xD 11.05.22

Codex page 237
Grease Fire
Grease + Fireball
Fat, normal or magical, is highly flammable. If it comes into contact with an open fire, it ignites. A puddle of burning fat is deadly to anyone who walks through it. When the fat burns out, the fire subsides.

Codex page 238
Entropic Death
Death Hex + Death Cloud
Perhaps the victims will say that there is little difference, because if someone is hit by the "Deadly Corruption", then the chances of survival are already small. But if they do not want to speed up the process, then they must avoid the "Cloud of Death" at all costs. Even a fleeting contact with the edge of the cloud causes a deadly reaction that causes great spiritual damage to the victim of corruption.
***I got more than 250 damage, immediately gave the achievement Heavy Hand =)))***

Code page 239
Paralysis Explosion
Glyph of Repulsion over Glyph of Paralysis, role order is not plays.
The magical power of a rune depends on how clearly it is drawn. When two runes overlap and their lines intersect, especially when the effects of the runes are opposite to each other, such as Paralysis and Reflection, there is nothing left for magical energy but to dissipate explosively, paralyzing everyone nearby.
***Spell Might prolongs the effect of paralysis. Paralysis also affects party members and the GG.***

Codex Page 240
Storm of the Century
Blizzard + Tempest
When two hurricanes join, expect trouble. Combining the snow and ice "Blizzard" with the thunder and lightning of the "Storm", you can get the terrible "Storm of the Century". Anyone caught in it takes massive electrical damage.
***If you add Gehenna Fiery (Inferno) and Dirt (Grease), then the fire does not go out ... You can also add a Cloud of Death (Death Cloud) on top. All together it looks very impressive =))). And don't forget Spell Might... ***

Codex page 241
Flame Quencher
Grease Fire + Blizzard
Burning fat is extremely difficult to put out - it usually burns until all . But the magician is able to extinguish fat simply by cooling the air. The wind caused by the "blizzard"

Codex page 242
Shockwave
Force Field + Crushing Prison
Surrounded on all sides, mages often resort to the Force Field spell to temporarily protect against any damage. Since this spell does not allow movement, after the duration of its action, the magician again finds himself in the original situation. But if the magician casts "Crushing Dungeon" on the "Force Field", the counteraction of spells will lead to their mutual annihilation and generate a powerful shock wave that damages everyone who is nearby, except for the source of spells standing at the epicenter.
***If Force Field is applied to enemies or allies, then Crushing Prison is applied only to the enemy... So think for yourself... By the way, if you apply Force Field to yourself, then all actions will be inactive for the duration of the spell...***

Codex page 243
Improved Drain
Vulnerability Hex + Drain Life or Drain Mana
The victim of Vulnerability Corruption must be wary not only damage from the elements, but also attempts by mages to drain life or mana from her to restore their own reserves: in this state, the effectiveness of the Drain Life and Drain Mana spells is doubled.

Code page 244
Advanced Reanimation
Spell Might + Animate Dead
A skeleton ally summoned to the battlefield by the Animate Dead spell will suffer from post-mortem trauma and therefore will not prove to be a full fighter strength. However, if it is revived by a magician whose powers are backed up by "Magic Power", the skeleton will have no less power and determination than your warrior it once was. Such a skeleton ally will be stronger and more capable than usual.

Codex Page 245
Nightmare
Sleep + Horror
In sleep, all beings are highly suggestible. If the spell "Horror" is used against the sleeper, it will cause vivid nightmares. Sometimes nightmares are so strong that the dreamer dies of a broken heart. Those unfortunate enough to survive wake up half-crazed with fear.

Codex page 246
Cleaving
Target frozen by Petrify or Winter's Grasp or Cone of Cold + Weapon Crit or Crushing Prison or Stonefist
A creature that has been magically turned to ice or stone (for example, by Turn to Stone or Cone of Cold spells) is very fragile. With the right effort, it can be split into many pieces. A critical hit with any weapon is suitable for this, as well as the Stone Fist and Crushing Dungeon spells.
*** If the victim is inflicted with Death Hex, then all normal hits on the target will be critical. And if that doesn't help, then the Death Cloud will be fatal to the victim [Entropic Death]...***

I just copied it because I also noticed it like KING0

K
Kypon 11.05.22

Endemic
Everything is almost the same, only you need to sell not to the innkeeper !!!!, but to go around the corner to the Denerim market and sell everything to the "countryman". He buys everything more expensive, doubly potions - 2.5 gold for a potent lyrium. I sympathize with your fingers and mouse. There is something similar with one of the recipes for runes (Vigil Tower), I don’t remember :(, I didn’t really bother with money and there was nowhere to put it - the character was exported ... So everything is on top with the economy in the game. I played as a dwarf, maybe for other races not so, I don't know.

S
Sirius92 11.05.22

*When encountering a crowd, including the one where the boss is present, the following tactic may work:
Press the = key on the keyboard (selection of the entire group) and together bring down where you came from before the turn, or better the door if you are indoors (the farther you run away the better) . The boss will rush after you and, in the worst case, a couple of his thugs. Then everything is simple, or just bring him down (only the main thing is to hammer with four), or one cuts circles, and three shoot him. So, for example, that very powerful girl ran up to me with two archers, and even then one of them never got around to entering the room. As a result, the girl was successfully shredded without any problems.
Same with Kolgrim in Andraste Temple. We take him to the caves, as soon as you cross the invisible threshold separating the hall, where he hangs out from these very caves, he will rush with the guys back to the original one. Mages will not run after you, so there is a chance to fill it up right on this "threshold". And you can, as soon as he turns around, hit him with something long-range, then while everyone rushes back, he will fight alone with your group. In this case, Kolgrim will also be chopped without any problems.
*For those who do not have a console! Your shortcut on desktop refers to DragonAgeLauncher.exe (or something like that) and should be daorigins.exe. If you don’t have such a file at all, patch the game (I didn’t find it in my search, I cured the problem the only way). Now do all the necessary operations to activate the console. IF it does not open in the game, then right there without leaving, change the layout. PLEASE NOTE! The console is NOT visible. Type cheats blindly and press Enter. You can check if your console is open by trying to run the WASD keys.

s
shining4u 11.05.22

* The high dragon on the top of the mountain on the way to the ashes of andraste. Killed without problems. You need to put the whole party in the narrowest place between the cliffs. The dragon does not climb into them, it flies from one side to the other. 2 minutes and he's dead. I didn't waste a single poultice, bomb, lube. Saving.
* Maybe an old trick, but it helped me sooo much at a nightmarish level. When you leave the cellars of the castle of Redcliffe, you meet a not very pleasant company of the creatures of darkness. On the left there is a lever, the cat opens the gate. The brave knights come running to our aid. You can also take them with you to the castle, they will come in handy more than once.

M
Mishytka121287 11.05.22

There they wrote problems with mages, mages have the ability to "mana clash" (it is in the branch where "magical power")
So: this skill is
1) Massive, with a not bad area of ​​u200bu200bdestruction.
2) Burns out all the magician's mana.
3) Deals crazy damage to MAGs.
4) In order for it to work for any magicians, it is enough to pump out willpower up to 35.

I learned it from Vin (I have it as a healer + a terrible dream of magicians), if there are magicians among the enemies, we use this ability and forget about magicians, it is also useful for selling demons (the effect is like on magicians)

PS Does not work on your own)))

A
Alexa 11.05.22

Alistair gifts.
Gift: Where to find:
Amulet of Alistair's Mother - Eamon's Office Duncan's
Shield - Warehouse, Market District (Riordan Liberation) White Rune Stone -
Circle Tower, 3rd floor Lothering Onyx Demon Figurine - East Brecilian Black Runestone - Thayg Aedukan Morrigan Gifts. Black Grimoire - Tower of the Circle, Irving's Chamber Grimoire Flemeth - Flemeth's Hut Golden Mirror - Orzammar, Garin's Shop Golden Rope Necklace - Lothering Golden Amulet - Orzammar, Garin's Shop

Golden Demon Pendant - Andraste's Urn Room
Medallion - Sanctuary, Shop
Silver Brooch - Dalish Camp, Silver Chain Shop
- Circle Tower, 2nd Floor
Silver Medallion - Elven Ruins, Upper Level
Gifts to Leliana.
Grace of Andraste - Redcliffe Village; West Brecilian; Elfinage
Charming Nag - Orzammar, Dust City
Amulet of the Church - Tower of the Circle,
2F Bronze Sigil of Andraste - Lothering, Church of
Gold Symbol of Andraste - Orzammar, Legnar's Shop
Silver Sword of Mercy - Merchant Old Tegrin
Steel Sigil of Andraste - Denerim, House of Genitivi
Etched Silver Sigil - Taig Ortan
Gifts to the Wall.
Sten's Sword - Redcliffe Village
Still life in a silver frame - Redcliffe Castle
Soaked portrait - Circle Tower, 2nd floor
Portrait of a girl with geese - Frost Mountains, Tharin
Portrait of a rebellious queen - Merchant Old Tegrin Totem -
Caridina Crossing
Gifts to Wynn.
Wine - Calenhad Lake, Lothering
Gerrins of Ferelden - Redcliff Castle
Exquisite Scroll - Elven Ruins, Lower Floor
Quest for the True Prophet - Orzammar, Hall of Chroniclers
Rose of Orlais - Circle Tower, 2nd Floor
Dragonblood Secrets - Ruined Temple
Gifts to Zevran.
Antivan Leather Boots - Sanctuary,
Dalish Gloves Shop - West Brecilian
Small Gold Bar - Circle Tower, 3rd floor
Small Silver Bar - Church of Sanctuary
Medium Gold Bar - Arl Denerim's Manor
Medium Silver Bar - Anvil of the Nether
Gifts to Oghren.
"White Cut" - Elven Ruins, Lower Floor
"Blonde in the Sun" - Circle Tower, Templar Rooms
"Golden Scythe" - Lothering Backyard
King's Jug - Orzammar, Legnar Hasind
Mead's Shop - Ruined Temple
"Garbolt's Rural Stock" - Can be found Dog
Gifts to Loghain.
Ancient Empire Map - Denerim, "Wonders of Thedas"
Botanical Map of Thedes - Redcliffe Castle Anderfels
Map - Denerim Shop Gorim
Occupied Ferelden Map - Redcliffe Castle, 2nd Floor
Map of present-day Ferelden-Elvenage

H
HUNTER ON A DEAD 11.05.22

You can steal the key to Stan's cage from the Reverend Mother in Lothering, the same with Miaggi's key in Orzamar... You can also steal a letter with orders from the elf Brevik in Redcliffe... The same with the guard soldier in the "Hungry Deserter" quest. ..

H

There is one guess on the topic of specializations ...
I came across about five times during the passages ...
After receiving the special "Templar" from Al, it is no longer possible to get the "Werewolf" from Morrigan ...

H

Does anyone know what to hand over to the werewolves, in the chest, in the squad camp? And where to find it...