3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pirate_89 11.05.22 11:46 pm

Poll: What antivirus do you use? v2

Welcome to the topic of discussing antiviruses and all protection programs

Please do everything by example (for ease of use)

1. Antivirus names (please do not write abbreviations)
2. How long have you been using it (optional)?
3. Do you recommend it to others (optional)?
-------------------------------------------------- -----
4. Description (optional)

Commonly used abbreviations:
NIS - Norton Internet Security
NAV - Norton AntiVirus
KIS - Kaspersky Internet Security
KAV - Kaspersky AntiVirus
PIS - Panda Internet Security
Panda - Panda AntiVirus

theme v1
74 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alexandr82 11.05.22

Avast! Home Edition and COMODO Internet Security

D
Davecon 11.05.22

1. Kaspersky AntiVirus 2009 (yesterday switched to 2010)
2. About half a year
3. Everyone has their own taste.

G
Gholbilune 11.05.22

1. Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
2. In general, I have always used only products from Kaspersky Lab.
3. Yes, I advise. But KIS is aimed at more or less advanced users, so it will not suit the majority.

s
sky game 11.05.22

Panda AV Pro 2010

F
Funny cat 11.05.22

1. Kaspersky Internet Security 2009
2. I’ve been using it for half a year, before that I had Outpost SS Pro 2009 - but it gave me too much .. fuck problems that were in abundance after installing the version with the ending 0663 and some others - before that, horrors were happening on xp.
3. I advise you, I will buy a key next year 100%.

s
shrabigus 11.05.22

But KIS is aimed at more or less advanced users, so it will not suit the majority .... Dear "advanced user", KIS is just designed for the majority.

c
coolracer 11.05.22

KIS is just more suited to smart users who are able to tune it for optimal performance. And it turns out that it is often put by stupid deer, who use everything by default and then whine that it slows down the system.

Sanderland
I myself constantly use a bunch of KAV 7.0 (license) + Outpost Firewall 3.0 (not a license). You don't like Outpost? You just don't know how to cook it :)

F
Funny cat 11.05.22

coolracer
Outpost Firewall 3.0 - used, I had no problems with it, problems started with later versions of Firewal and Security Suite Pro 2009 - problems associated with blue screens when using the Internet and falling sound firewood when turning on the computer :(

a
a6814087 11.05.22

1) ESET Smart Security
2) Every year I change the antivirus year of nodes - year of casper.
3) I can not advise a wide range of people, if only because of the crooked firewall. (There are, of course, still small shoals, but in general, the antivirus is excellent. Well, I think everyone is aware of the fact that it practically does not load the system.)

PS I do not respect Kasper after he hung up the server before my eyes. O_o

M
Mr.Dr.Acula 11.05.22

1.KAV - Kaspersky AntiVirus
2.I don't remember.Long in general)
3.Of course

M
Michael Corleone 11.05.22

1. KIS - Kaspersky Internet Security
2. year
3. Of course I advise

W
Warlock III 11.05.22

1) Antivirus Avast! + AVZ
2) Avast is about 2 years old, AVZ is a year and a half
3) I recommend AVZ to everyone
4) AVZ is not an anti-virus program, but a utility, that is, it does not work in the background, entered, scanned, deleted. Powerful heuristic system. For the especially smart, there are different modules for it. Has a simple graphical interface.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 11.05.22

WarlokIII
4) AVZ is not an anti-virus program, but a utility, that is, it does not work in the background, entered, scanned, deleted. Powerful heuristic system.

There is definitely a point in scanning with the AVZ utility. MBAM - also makes sense. Out of 84 test threats, this bundle currently leaves 5 files with a noticeable effect on the computer (there are files left, the removal of one of the proactive antivirus requires a reboot).
The threats are quite dangerous, but I don't know if Avast detects them. However, they are very old.
But on another group of samples, everything may be completely different - to delete a set of 580 files, MBAM left 116 known to my antivirus. My antivirus itself knows 566 (7 as potentially malicious, 1 corrupted, 11 as adware, 3 as "probably a trojan", 11 as just a not very clear detection).

z
zhimipe 11.05.22

1. Norton Internet Security
2. 2 years
3. I advise everyone. But, if you are fans of downloading games "from torrents" - I do not advise! He will not let you install them (well, only if you add to the "exceptions")