3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Neek 14.05.22 09:43 pm

Top 10: Your choice - The most difficult bosses in Soulslike games

In this thread, you can suggest FROM 1 TO 3 BOSS options that you consider to be the STRONGEST in Soulslike games:

Elden Ring
Dark Souls 1-3
Bloodborne
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Demon's Souls
Nioh 1-2
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Remnant: From the Ashes
Code Vein

After some time, we will select the 10 most popular / plus offers from the options you suggested and start voting, which will be located on the main page of PlayGround.ru for a few more days. After the main vote, we will calculate everything and publish the results.

Past Top 10 Results:
Top 10: Your Choice - The Most Anticipated Things in The Witcher 4
TOP 10: Your choice - The most annoying things in Cyberpunk 2077
TOP 10: Your choice - The best creatures Resident Evil: Village
TOP 10: Your choice - The best gaming locations
TOP 10: Your choice - The most delicious food in games
TOP- 10: Your choice - What we want to see in STALKER 2
80 Comments
Sort by:
e
en3rgizer 24.05.22

Nameless King (DS3)

S
ShiroiAkuma 24.05.22

Munishige Tachibana (NioH), before the patches, could make an unprepared player nervous, who decided to complete this side task at the beginning of the game.

B
Bola1695 24.05.22

The demon of hatred and the young Isshin Ashina in the final (Sekiro)

l
lapwing mouse 24.05.22

Great Sword Master Isshin!!!!!!!!!

a
atrrz1 24.05.22

1. Malenia
2. Mog
3. Nameless King
4. Lorian and Lothric

O
OtelloMuffinCheck 24.05.22

Where is The Surge? Where is Lords of the Fallen? Since when did Fallen Order and Code Vein have soul likes? Some mediocrity came up with a top.

D
Dennissio 24.05.22

Hollow Knight (King of Nightmare Grimm, Pure Vessel, Supreme Effulgence)
are not so much complex as ZBS made

K
KaKaToZa 24.05.22

Hatred Demon (Sekiro), Malenia, Mikella's Blade (Elden Ring), Dark Eater Midir (DS3)

S
Self Harm 24.05.22

It is difficult, in fact, to judge the complexity of the bosses in Soulslike games, and even more so to single out the TOP 10 difficult ones, because the complexity in these games is conditional and directly dependent on the pumping of the player, camera, direct experience in these games, and sometimes even the arena where the fight takes place. But in general, you can try:
1) Demon's Souls.
There are no particularly difficult bosses in the game itself, but Cannibals can be distinguished. The complexity of this boss is not at all in a cunning and varied moveset, not in a huge amount of HP, not even in his speed, but in an absolutely moronic arena in which a skirmish with the boss takes place. The appearance of the second Cannibal can cause ass pain due to their 2x bridge knockdown attack.
2) Dark Souls.
Sir Artorias. Everything is simple here: the balance between his speed, fat HP and attack power (especially after his buff to increase darkness damage to himself) can cause problems even for a fairly experienced player who had experience at least passing Demon's Souls. Also, the very slow mechanics of the game cause difficulty compared to the same Bloodborne or Dark Souls 3, in which the rolls do not feel much smoother, faster and faster than in the first DS.
3) Dark Souls 2.
In short, for beginners, the same Pursuer can create huge problems with further advancement, because. the boss is fast enough, it hurts an unpumped character, and not all beginners guess the correct way to kill (through a ballista), but the really strong boss in DS 2 is the Smoke Knight. Again, he has a balance of speed, damage and fat HP, and in general a bit like Artorias, which becomes problematic.
4) Dark Souls 3.
For beginners who started the Souls series from the 3rd part, Pontifex Sullivan can become a real pain due to the lack of tactics of seeing the battle with him as such. All available tactics with him, which can hardly even be called tactics, are to come close and beat him, but not everyone can guess before. As for the moveset: it has not so much high HP, but a high speed of attacks and the ability to "not give time not to rest" in order to heal, so to speak, which he uses constantly. Artorias and the Virgin Mary of Bloodbourne have something similar, so Sullivan is quite complex.
Gael is probably multi-danger due to the rather diverse muffet, speed and HP fat content (again, if we talk about the balance of everything in the boss). I noticed that many people include Midir in the lists of difficult bosses, but it's just a wildly fat (in terms of HP), crap dragon with a shit moveset and huge area of ​​​​damage, which does not fit into my TOP, in which I tried to find a balance of everything in the boss representing its complexity.
5) Bloodborne.
Everything is obvious here: there are no particularly difficult bosses in the game itself, but if we talk about DLC, then Ludwig, or Orphan Kos. The former can be a huge hazard on IG +4, as well as for beginners being on a simple IG. Even as an experienced player, I got tired of him because of his diverse moveset, traumatic damage, high speed and fat HP.
And what can be said about Orphan Kos? With Orphan Kos, essentially the same tactics as with Sullivan are effective, however, having about 20% HP, Sirona absolutely does not allow approaching him, flying around the arena and constantly knocking the target off him, but at the same time he can also have time to kill the player himself when he jumps on him. He also has a balance of fat content, a fairly diverse moveset of attacks and speed. So if you still choose between Ludwig and Orphan Kos in terms of complexity, then Orphan Kos, in my opinion, is in the lead.
6) Elden Ring.
In ER, for beginners, Comrade Morgott poses the first danger in the second phase when a magic hammer appears in his hands, with which he very willingly hits the player. Here, again, the balance of speed, damage and a good amount of HP was preserved + there were also attacks with "pulling" time blows (I have no idea how else to explain this), i.e. he waves his hand and the player has to roll around waiting for the hit, and the hit can happen in absolutely any of a few seconds, so you need to guess at the moment.
Could Lord of Blood.
Let me just say that the pain itself starts in the 2nd phase, when he uses his fucking healing spell, and when he grows wings. Personally, he reminded me of Orphan Kos in terms of the tactics of seeing the battle with him.
You can also enter Malenia and last bosses here. Malenia's difficulty in speed, high damage and the ability to heal when hitting a player in the first phase; in the second, she can one-shot when she lands on the player, and the damage is spread over the area, so you can drive off without having time to roll away in time, however, a large amount of HP cannot be allocated from her, therefore, with normal pumping, she can lie down quite quickly and not get up.
The complexity of the last bosses is in protruding a healk from a player while still on Radagon, immunity to bleeding (which, as I believe, was pumped by most players, because most optional bosses in ER do not like bleeding), "delaying" time attacks in the style Morgotta, because Radagon loves to practice them very much, and the fact that after the first last boss immediately comes the second, i.e. Beast. With a high degree of probability, the player will drive off at high speed and start all over again.
7) Sekiro.
Haven't played it so I can't say.

If you choose the strongest boss from my TOP, it will probably be Orphan Kos.

Too lazy to read all this - here is my TOP in brief:
1) Demon's Souls - Cannibals
2) Dark Souls - Artorias
3) DS 2 - Smoke Knight
4) DS 3 - Gael
5) Bloodborne - Orphan of Kos
6) Elden Ring - Mog Lord of Blood

A
Alf_PACH 24.05.22

Orphan (Bloodbourne)

F
FER3 24.05.22

Bloodborne

Those who write that the orphan is a scythe, you obviously did not pass the game for platinum. Low skills. The hardest boss is the Amygdala Cursed Cup of Pthumeru. When you have 50% less HP and the boss has 50% more HP. And you fall in a tiny room.

V
Vaximal 24.05.22

1. Maria (Nioh)
For me, she was almost the strongest boss I have ever seen in games. She is quite fast, deals decent damage, can go behind her back, teleports. You can’t land a long series of blows on her, she either blocks or (if you are greedy) can counterattack, which in my case was a one-shot. She also has a second stage in which she strikes waves with her sword, which are difficult to dodge in a narrow room, especially if she closes the distance and pins in a corner.
2. Midir (DS 3) His attacks take away a huge amount of health, the dragon is quite fast. But worst of all is his laser...
3. Black Dragon (Original DS2) In the remaster, he was greatly weakened, but in the original, and without rings for +3 from fire from the DLC, it was almost impossible to survive his rise and fiery breath. The paws are also extremely powerful, and if you stand in the wrong place, he will definitely hit you. And all this with a hefty health bar. A very exhausting fight.
Malenia (Elden Ring) could have been in 3rd place, but she can be killed with very dishonest tools that the game gives, which makes the boss much easier. Before it, I made a copy of the saves, and after a fair solo victory, I decided to try with a tear. Wheel of Giza + Tear for infinite mana + Summon False Tear. We turn on the saw, we catch Malenia in the camp and she flies off in two phases in about a minute.
Who does not disdain to use spirits will not even feel the boss. But since the game provides such opportunities, is it fair to consider the boss difficult when you limit yourself by not using these tools? With the same success, you can complicate any boss by passing the game, for example, without pumping. In general, a moot point.
And separately, although these are not soullikes, I would like to highlight two bosses. The Valkyrie Queen from God of War. Very hardy, fast and combining a huge number of attacks and techniques opponent. Fans of complexity should definitely fight it, it's worth it.
And the last, most powerful boss, which I have not passed and will never pass. Dante from Bloody Palace (DMC 4). Just look on YouTube what he does. It feels like it can take out a completely healthy character in 20 seconds. Incredibly fast, powerful, blocking attacks and predicting your movements. It seems that he has an answer to any of your tricks, which instantly destroys with a competent series of various attacks. In short, passable only if you are Korean.

R
Rock8 24.05.22

Friede (Ds3 add The Ringed City), Malenya (Elden Ring), Midir (Ds3 add The Ringed City), Isshin Ashina - (Sekiro)

M
Muzaka 24.05.22

Elden Ring - Radagon
DS1 - Artorias
DS3 - Midir
Sekiro -
Isshin Bloodborne - Maria

K
KornEr 24.05.22

Sekiro - Isshin, Master of the Sword

A
Anatoly Dobrov 31.05.22

Nameless King (DS3)
Freede (DS3 DLC1)
Midir (DS3 DLC2)

[
[Partisan] 31.05.22

Gargoyles
Orshteyn and Smough
Kalamit
DS1

E
Enikeyshchik 31.05.22

GRAF_RAGE
What is the interest of the game, to oneshot bosses in such games?

M
Minato_Namikaze 31.05.22

GRAF_RAGE
on a PC is more convenient for me to play than on a gamepad. I think I wouldn’t be able to play with it at all - I would only fall into the abyss.

c
cookies 31.05.22

Frida, Malenia, the Nameless King. Smallenia, however, pisses on easy with rivers of blood, but if you pass with an ordinary sword, then it is number 1 in complexity