3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Papun Lapatun 12.06.22 10:00 pm

Voltage, MHz and temperature RTX 2080 ti

Hello everyone, kind people, please tell the unknowing about the problem)
I bought Palit Gaming Pro OC RTX 2080 Ti, connected everything, everything works, but I noticed a temperature of 84 degrees at voltage, went to MSI Afterburner, I see that there is a lock on Temperature and consumption (100% at 84 degrees)
I broke my whole head, well, I can’t understand why when the temperature drops, my voltage drops on the map, which causes a drop in frequencies (at the same time, all over YouTube I see how types drive at stable 1935 mhz and 65 degrees! Help experts (
46 Comments
Sort by:
m
mywest 12.06.22

PapunLapatun To
be honest, all this is strange, he himself was sitting on 1080ti aorus and the zhor was 270 watts at a temperature of 71 degrees. What is the conductivity of the paste? Maybe the standard revs are low?

m
mywest 12.06.22

PapunLapatun
I saw the screen, revs 2200 is of course kapets. Think what's wrong with the cold, because this is not the norm.

X
X_ray_83 12.06.22

mywest
This link to his map is 77 degrees at 1650)))
https://overclockers.ru/lab/show/101767/obzor-videokarty-palit-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-gamingpro-oc-pa-rtx2080ti- gamingprooc-11g

D
Denis Kyokushin 12.06.22

PapunLapatun
And there were no thermal pads between the heatsink and the memory banks/mosfets/VRMs?

P
Papun Lapatun 12.06.22

mywest
Turned up the speed, when consuming 220 watts, the temperature stopped at 73-74, at 1830 mhz. Pasta smeared MX-4, maybe not enough?

X
X_ray_83 12.06.22

PapunLapatun
The temperature is therefore higher, because the crystal is larger and there are stupidly more transistors than the 2080super!
The area of ​​the crystal differs by 30%)))
In short, go learn physics, what can I say, 2080super "didn't warm up")))

m
mywest 12.06.22

PapunLapatun Well, pasta doesn't conduct electricity, so try it. And just do after pressing, you need to look that it would lie evenly across the crystal, if there are no gaps, then it's normal. And quantity doesn't matter.

P
Papun Lapatun 12.06.22

X_ray_83

width="780" height="438.75" />
See for yourself if you don't believe me, just run through the charts

m
mywest 12.06.22

In general, I messed up YouTube, apparently it’s really such a cool

P
Papun Lapatun 12.06.22

X_ray_83
You don't have to believe me, I'm not forcing you, I'm just saying that at 2080s I had such indicators.
You argue with some kind of inscriptions and a physics textbook, I argue with actual data, which I directly show you and which people tell you to pay attention to.
Open YouTube and look, it doesn't hurt, believe me

D
Denis Kyokushin 12.06.22

PapunLapatun MEM
temperature is high. Most likely, the thermal pad needs to be replaced.

P
Papun Lapatun 12.06.22

Denis Kyokushin
Got it, I'll do it, thanks 🙏 ☺️

D
Denis Kyokushin 12.06.22

PapunLapatun
Yes, and more. You have 2200 rpm = 100%. See if there is a possibility of regulation through the driver. The driver throws another 500 rpm on my AMD, although 3000 rpm = 100% is written in the BIOS.
Spoiler

Unfortunately, manufacturers save on cooling.

l
lapwing mouse 12.06.22

PapunLapatun
I have had your card for a long time. I know her well. Here, for example, one of the tests on it with temperature indicators.
Spoiler

I set the turntables in msi afterburner at 65C to 80% with 2080Ti. How much video memory temperature I did not watch then. If I am not mistaken, it was not defined at that time in Hades. This is the 3xxx generation sensor I got in Aida. Well, otherwise change the thermal pads on the banks of video memory, power circuits. As for the thermal paste, I smeared liquid metal on the current map. If you are pale, then use Noctua paste, or mx 4. As a result, I got this temperature here:
Spoiler
True, I also removed the casing and instead attached three 120mm screws from Iceberg.
Your problem is solved in flight.

L
Lex one 12.06.22

PapunLapatun
I have the same card, I set it to 1700 MHz at 825 voltage.
60-65 degrees. These 200 MHz are not worth 20 degrees.

M
MunchkiN 616 12.06.22

most likely these are the conditions for the turbo frequency and this 2x fan card. if the cooler speed is blocked - I don't know what to do about it. I had such a card where there was a loan that was blocked by 90-95% from which the turbine did not spin at 3000 rpm.
otherwise, in my opinion, nothing particularly interesting to pay attention to. it is better to set the maximum performance mode in Windows if the frequencies will be reset. if the card goes into trolling at a high temperature, then how bad it is.

x
xstriiim 12.06.22

I also have a 2080ti, but i9900k. The temperature in the games was exactly the same.
I did everything as in this video and in games it became 70g, though now it’s already 75. it’s hot, it’s cold summer.

True, there is one caveat. First, I raised the dropsy radiator higher, on the front side, of course (2x section 280) and the temperature was still 85g. I thought, shitty advisers and all that. After thinking for a while, I lowered the radiator to the lower level and voila, 70g in games and 35 percent in idle time, it was from 40k.
Many wrote that this is nonsense, like hot air from the radiator is being driven back into the system. But the effect is the opposite. By the way, the author of the video also said something about this, why is it so and all that

P
Papun Lapatun 12.06.22

Lex-one
Can you please screenshot your MSI Afterburner, if it's not difficult 🤓

P
Papun Lapatun 12.06.22

Marsj
Brother tell me how to do it, I don’t know how to do it, in the afterburner she simply refuses to live at such low frequencies) she jumps up to 1800-1950

M
Marsj 12.06.22

PapunLapatun
Above, the owner of the same card will tell you https://forums.playground.ru/hardware/video/voltazh_mhz_i_temperatura_rtx_2080_ti-1013225/#comment-19119452