3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
kholodewan 30.06.22 09:34 pm

PC turns off while playing games

Good afternoon, I ask for help from those in the know. The problem is this: During the game, the PC just simply turns off, and I don’t know what to do with it, the assembly is an old

PSU Xilence 650w
Video xfx r9 270x 2gb
processor amd fx 4320
memory hyper x ddr3 8gb 1600
ssd for a system 120 gb
hdd 1tb

84 Comments
Sort by:
X
X_ray_83 30.06.22

kholodewan
Chel your motherboard does not support overclocking, so it overheats and the PC reboots!

S
SonyK_2 30.06.22

kholodewan
kholodewan wrote:
...is it possible for a video card to heat up so abnormally because of the power supply?
I don’t know if it can heat up additionally, but that due to a faulty PSU, part of the kit (including the video card) can “burn out” - easily. If possible, check your system with another PSU (known to be good) - it will work fine, it was in it. Power supply voltage range, within 5% (considered normal):
+3.3 V = 3.135 - 3.465 V +5
V = 4.75 - 5.25 V
+12 V = 11.4 - 12.6 V X_ray_83 wrote: ...your motherboard does not support overclocking, so it overheats and the PC reboots!

He is right. On the N68C-GS FX motherboard, the processor's power supply socket is 4-pin (such mothers are not for overclocking) - for overclocking, you need 8-pin and better cooling, otherwise you can burn the mother.
Spoiler
It's better to remove overclocking from the CPU to native values ​​- the performance will drop a little, but then you won't have to change half the computer (or at least the motherboard).

k
kholodewan 30.06.22

X_ray_83
Reset to drain

k
kholodewan 30.06.22

In short, I understand that the problem is in the PSU, I will find a replacement, I will write off the results. This is what I wanted to know, BP, percent, vidyaha, or something. Thanks a lot)))

S
SonyK_2 30.06.22

kholodewan
kholodewan wrote:
Reset to stock
Test in "problem" games on these values ​​- the result is here. And it's better to think about the PSU - a drop on the 12 Volt line before 11.08 is not good, an alarming "bell".
... so I realized that the problem is in the PSU ...
Most likely yes. But with such a motherboard, it’s better not to experiment with overclocking the CPU - during tests, the temperatures of the processor itself and its cores are most often shown, and if the power on the motherboard overheats, this may not be seen until it’s too late.

01001000 01101001 30.06.22

SonyK_2
SonyK_2 wrote:
He's right.
Um, only a bunch of processor tests did not give any problems in OCCT, this is by the way. And there is throttling. And so, I agree. But this is true for stress tests, but not for games where power consumption is lower. Although, the percent is weak and squeezed out.

k
kholodewan 30.06.22

Advise any BP under this system.

k
kholodewan 30.06.22

SonyK_2
So the main thing is that in idle time the norm is 12 and only the load is 11.08

k
kholodewan 30.06.22

SonyK_2 wrote:
But with such a motherboard is it better not to experiment with
overclocking the RAM too?

S
SonyK_2 30.06.22

kholodewan
kholodewan wrote:
...in idle time the norm is 12 but only the load is 11.08
In idle time there is no such load. At its maximum values, such "failures" most often occur. If no load shows voltages below 5% of the "threshold" - even more likely that the PSU "dies".
also remove the overclocking of the operative?
If the overclocking of the RAM is set to an available value in the BIOS (that is, the modules are designed for this) - it's not scary.

kholodewan
In short, buy a PSU, do not gut it much, if in doubt - you can return it. I returned.
Chieftec Proton, be quiet! Pure Power 9 (or 11), deepcool pq850m, dq750st, EVGA GT (gold), 1STPLayer, Cooler Master NVME 2
Take 550-650 watts. Better 750-850 if there is an upgrade in a couple of years.

kholodewan wrote:
remove the overclocking of the operative too?
No. Why. Incorrect overclocking leads to a blue screen. If the system does not give errors and works without errors, then there will be no problems.

M
MunchkiN 616 30.06.22

SonyK_2
on motherboards rarely has radiators on batteries, and the northbridge at fx is engaged in express bus. so you can drive it, but the difference will end up on the processor's wool quickly.

k
kholodewan 30.06.22

in short, this topic is the

beginning of a simple 12.08 when you start the game instantly 11.19 on a constant basis, without changes

kholodewan
It is, the load drops and it fails. Yes, it won't hold a load.

S
SonyK_2 30.06.22

MunchkiN 616
MunchkiN 616 wrote:
... you can drive it ...
I don't care, the motherboard is not mine. I almost did not experiment on my own, but let him decide for himself.

k
kholodewan 30.06.22

but this drawdown is not the norm?

S
SonyK_2 30.06.22

kholodewan
kholodewan wrote:
...beginning of a simple 12.08 when starting the game instantly 11.19 on a constant basis, no changes
Failure on the 12 V line on load.
...this drawdown is not normal?
I wrote the voltage limits above:
SonyK_2 wrote:
... + 12 V = 11.4 - 12.6 V ...
On the 12 V line, everything below 11.4 is not the norm, 11.19 is below this value.

k
kholodewan 30.06.22

SonyK_2
thank you very much for the help guys))) I will solve the problem with the power supply unit and write about the results

S
SonyK_2 30.06.22

kholodewan
kholodewan wrote:
...I'll solve the problem with bp and write about the results
. We are waiting for details... ;)

M
MunchkiN 616 30.06.22

SonyK_2
I had a mp with 4pin and fx6100 and the limit of stable overclocking was from 3.3 to 3.6-3.7 GHz with NT raised, which gave me a cool performance of stable 30 fps. True, the motherboard still deteriorated, but problems with it began even before overclocking.
and so for any component, overclocking is a risk and a decrease in its operational life.