3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
kholodewan 30.06.22 09:34 pm

PC turns off while playing games

Good afternoon, I ask for help from those in the know. The problem is this: During the game, the PC just simply turns off, and I don’t know what to do with it, the assembly is an old

PSU Xilence 650w
Video xfx r9 270x 2gb
processor amd fx 4320
memory hyper x ddr3 8gb 1600
ssd for a system 120 gb
hdd 1tb

84 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 30.06.22

MunchkiN 616
MunchkiN 616 wrote:
...I had a mp with 4pin...
And now I have one (see profile) and at least when upgrading from 4460 to 4790K I "experimented" a little (got 4.6 GHz with "auto overclocking"). ..
Spoiler
..., there is no desire to do this all the time - it’s better to let it work longer than it will die faster.
... the motherboard still deteriorated, but problems with it began even before overclocking.
But where is the guarantee that overclocking has not accelerated these problems?
... for any component, overclocking is a risk and a decrease in its operational life.
Of course. But on motherboards with "older" chipsets (good power supplies, etc.), the risk is less than on more budget ones.

k
kholodewan 19.07.22

Hello everyone, I purchased a new unit, I share the results

k
kholodewan 19.07.22

Most likely the reason was in the power supply, 2 days without incident

S
SonyK_2 19.07.22

kholodewan
kholodewan wrote:
Most likely the reason was in the power supply...
In case of sudden shutdowns, reboots of the PC (etc.), it is advisable to immediately check the voltage on the power supply lines. If they go beyond the 5% limit (especially when falling below it) - most likely the problem is in the power supply.
... 2 days without incidents
If a normal PSU is bought and with a power reserve (not "back to back"), it can work for years without "incidents".

k
kholodewan 19.07.22

SonyK_2
stock, 750w

S
SonyK_2 19.07.22

kholodewan
kholodewan wrote:
with a margin, 750w
If the honest 750 watts, and the system consumes less - good. But cheap PSUs (especially "no-names") may not produce the maximum declared power.

k
kholodewan 19.07.22

SonyK_2
AeroCool 750W AERO BRONZE (AERO BRONZE 750W)

01001000 01101001 19.07.22

kholodewan
You couldn't take a normal PSU? I listed what pulls this rubbish to collect.
Spoiler

k
kholodewan 19.07.22

01001000 01101001
what's the problem? okay, if I took the vp or vx series ...

kholodewan
You can take any PSU, but for me to take a block from a manufacturer whose reputation has hit the bottom, thank you. At least the absence of a varistor, high temperatures in operation (due to poor organization inside and incorrect fan settings, as well as protection against overheating in the piggy bank). Strange work and setting in principle. After all, it is still cheap (in terms of parts) even for its 5000r.
No, use it. I have never seen in my group at 50k. A person has a recommendation for Aercul, even in the w3bsit3-dns.com table. I'm still interested in checking it for ripple and noise.
In short, forget it, I don’t consider less than (example) DEEPCOOL DQ850 / Fractal Design Ion + 760P / corsair rm850x. And there is no trust in the aerculus in principle.

z
zPOINTMANz 19.07.22

01001000 01101001
I immediately associate with the word aerocule.
Spoiler

S
SonyK_2 19.07.22

kholodewan
kholodewan wrote:
AeroCool... what's the problem?...
Everyone decides what to buy, but if it's like in the post above (under the spoiler)...
https://forums.playground.ru/hardware/vyklyuchaetsya_staryj_pk_vo_vremya_igr- 1013509/#comment-19124196
..., then you don't need to say that you didn't warn.
PS I took this one for myself (2020):

My bucket at full load (without overclocking) "eats" about as much:

Considering that at least one HDD and DVD drive do not work during games, even less. On the other HDD, the swap file and temporary OS - some games are sometimes used, but after 20 minutes of inactivity it also turns off.

l
lapwing mouse 19.07.22

SonyK_2
I have a blockade on 1200w. Uber BP!) Serves faithfully for 9 years. I indicated all the characteristics in the program and I can’t understand why the Calculator calculated such a load on the BP for me:

Spoiler

The results strongly contradict my BP. 1400w almost!!!! Wow🙉

S
SonyK_2 19.07.22

lapwing mouse
lapwing mouse wrote:
... blockade on 1200w... Serves faithfully for 9 years...
If the PSU is made well, nothing surprising. The most inexpensive FSP ATX500R worked fine for ~ 9.5 years, then "played out".
... I specified all the characteristics in the program and I can’t understand why the Calculator calculated such a load on the PSU for me:
I have never used this one. If this "calculator" refers to some PSU manufacturer, or a site where they are sold, it may be deliberately overestimating in order to push you to buy a more expensive power supply. For example, EVGA for 1600 W, which the program advises ...;)

l
lapwing mouse 19.07.22

SonyK_2 I figured it out
!) It was necessary not to touch the overvoltage 50% item (overvoltage) As a result, we got 806W! And the program is called OuterVision® Power Supply Calculator

l
lapwing mouse 19.07.22

SonyK_2
9.5 years old, then "played out".
These are the most embarrassing moments! It is a pity that there are no programs that monitor the state of the PSU and its lifespan. You have to turn on your intuition so as not to fall into a slip and choose in advance profitable maneuvers in the attack pitch. I looked at the power supplies and I liked these two models. I chose the first Thermaltake because this brand stands now. And he held different top cards in his time. And the second brand was chosen by Zalman. In some respects, it even surpasses Thermaltake☝😮 Wow!!!!! What would you choose?
Spoilerhttps://www.dns-shop.ru/product/4e71a4cbf5a2c823/blok-pitania-thermaltake-toughpower-gf1-1200w---tt-premium-edition-ps-tpd-1200fnfage-1/opinion/Spoilerhttps:// www.dns-shop.ru/product/d271cb5df4c63330/blok-pitania-zalman-arx-1200w-zm1200-arx/

z
zPOINTMANz 19.07.22

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
While these guys are making power supplies, then thermal take and zalmans in the top segment can be safely sent to the
trash

zPOINTMANz wrote:
then thermal take and zalmans in the top segment, you can safely send them to the trash
. They have been there for a long time, no one remembers these lower-segment nonames, except for those who do not know the PC market, from the word at all. And again CSN-s, as if there were no shops besides them. Oh, what animal do you remember, beautiful. In addition to Super Flower, there are be quiet Dark Power PRO / straight power 11, corsairs RMx / HX, EVGA, Fractal design ion +, Deepcool DQ, ASUS ROG THOR, ASUS ROG-STRIX.
Spoiler

S
SonyK_2 19.07.22

MOUSE chibis MYSHIVURIA
chibis wrote:
... It is a pity that there are no progs that monitor the state of the PSU ...
It may not be directly, but if you look at the voltage statistics before turning off the PC (which should work from the start of turning on the computer) - you can notice dips below 5 %.
Spoiler
Unless, of course, the trouble does not happen all at once (like mine with FSP), but then the computer simply rebooted, and it gave an error describing that there was insufficient voltage on the 12 V line. I looked at UEFI ...
Spoiler
..., then the software in the system - what I saw did not please me.
Spoiler
... looked at the power supplies and I liked these two models ... What would you choose?
Personally, I liked Zalman more of these two - more connectors for connection and an 80+ certificate is better (if written correctly). But Thermaltake has a 2-year warranty longer, and if the number of connected cables is not so important + a long positive experience in using the products of this company, you can take it. My prices are shown the same, although when buying such models a small difference is not critical - since there is money for this, you can overpay a little ...;)

z
zPOINTMANz 19.07.22

01001000 01101001
Old thermaltakes that were ToughPower XT series on 575, 775...etc. were by no means good blocks. It was only then that they slipped into all this gossip with highlights and other things. In principle, I always considered zalman, chieftec, coogar, etc. second-tier manufacturers, which can be taken for mediocre assemblies. For those manufacturers who wrote above, I am aware. You can also add seasonic, enermax to them. At one time, when I changed the power supply, I chose just between a super flower for 750 gold and a biquate stray power 750 gold. Platinum versions just went on sale. Now I use Super glower leadex 2 750 gold. I only remember the existence of the power supply when the PC is turned off, when the power relay inside clicks. Aerocokes, linkcorolds, and other products would probably only be installed on computers at work, which, in fact, are not a pity.