3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
e
epol 18.07.22 11:22 pm

Voice acting? (Dead Space 3)

Will there be Russian voice acting? who knows the current not to write like play with English!
67 Comments
Sort by:
s
sanegm23 18.07.22

Why won't there be Russian voice acting? what kind of discrimination of the Russian language.

R
Russian_warfare 18.07.22

sanegm23
In my opinion, the real perversion is to play in Russian. Most games are voiced by people with a terrible and motom voice, without even knowing what is going on in the game. I don’t understand why you all need Russian voice acting so much?

g
greenfox111 18.07.22

epol
EA remained dissatisfied with the Russian voice acting of Dragon Age and forbade localization of its games, and now it is doing it itself.

K
Keckstone 18.07.22

The first DeadSpace was excellently voiced! Dragon Age was also well localized, and only terrified in places))

r
rasta 18.07.22

Russian_warfare
listen to each his own, don't understand further PPC, what kind of nonsense
if there is voice acting for the game, then most people play with it and only a small% play on the original.
this is the same if Americans play Russian games with Russian voice acting, naturally they will look for their own voice acting and not read by the credits and get distracted from the game, and I still don’t understand what the plot is about and what it is about.

g
greenfox111 18.07.22

rasta
You can always make Russian subtitles. Why Russian voice acting if our "voices" cannot convey the emotions of the characters that were conceived by the developers.
So let them leave the original voice acting and make only Russian subtitles.

m
mpi 18.07.22

well, let's start watching movies in the cinema with subtitles,
whoever wants to read it is complete stupidity, but I prefer to listen to my native language during the game, and not English screams, especially when you play with a loud

rasta sound, the
Americans would not even buy without voice acting, like the Germans and so on, that's why games always come out with 5 or more voice acting,
it's just us suckers in life,
we would buy and play without translated subtitles.

I personally never buy games if there is no voice acting, only torrent edition

Z
ZHUKHRAI 18.07.22

Our so-called ,,localizers'' don't want to work, but only row the loot! We need to achieve high-quality voice acting in all games!

A
Alexey Vygodin 18.07.22

Personally, I play games only with Russian voice acting. I HATE SUBs.

g
greenfox111 18.07.22

mpi
And what does the movies have to do with it? Can we start to bring everything under one line?
who wants to let him read, but I prefer to listen to my native language while playing, rather than English screams, especially when you play with a loud sound
. Do Russian voices ever scream?
How do you know you didn't buy it, are you an American?
Another excuse for those who download: "there is no Russian voice acting and therefore I will download." Well then, don't be surprised why there is no voice acting in games. It makes sense to spend effort and money if the game is downloaded anyway.

S
Sansan_UA 18.07.22

There needs to be a voice choice. For example, I also like to play with Russian voice acting more.

m
mpi 18.07.22

Russian_warfare
is German also world wide? but german voice acting is
a russian more common language

greenfox111
who wants to let him read, but i prefer to listen to my native language while playing, not english screams, especially when playing with a loud sound
do russian voices never yell?

It was a metaphor

g
greenfox111 18.07.22

So what? Just because Indian and Chinese are spoken by several billion will not make them global. After all, they are used only purely locally, in their countries.
The same is true for Russia. The Russian language is used both in Russia itself and in the CIS countries, because there are emigrants in other countries, but there are clearly not millions of them, and certainly they will not do Russian voice acting for them.
Companies primarily focus on the quality of localization of their product and whether there will be good sales, whether it makes sense to completely localize or limit it to subtitles, and high-quality voice acting is an expensive pleasure.
And it’s not our localizers who are to blame for the lack of Russian voice acting, but the fact that we like to download, not buy. We ourselves have earned such a reputation in the eyes of publishers, they do not need to cry now on the topic "Why is there no Russian voice acting?".
And you don't have to say something like "As long as there are such terrible localizations, I will basically take "torrentation"". In order to have Russian voice acting, you must at least take the first step towards this, namely, start buying, and not downloading, so that localizers believe that it still makes sense to do full localization.
And I wanted to be able to choose what and how to change in the game: put the original voice acting and Russian subtitles, or vice versa Russian voice acting and English subtitles. Sony does this for its exclusives, and if everyone took it into service,
And yet I adhere to the fact that subtitles are the best option. It is easier and faster to release than voice acting.
Snowball somehow decided to localize the first Mass Effect using the method of Western colleagues. Invited hundreds of voice actors, spent half a million dollars. And in the end? Two years of waiting, and many people did not like the localization (although in my opinion at that time it was the best among Russian localizations). But this is only one game they took so much. And there are thousands of games released every year. For the sake of good localization, I'm not ready to wait for several years.
Moreover, playing with the original voice acting is a good chance to improve your knowledge of the language. Two in one: you play and have fun, at the same time you learn the language.

m
mpi 18.07.22

greenfox111
So what? Just because Indian and Chinese are spoken by several billion will not make them global. After all, they are used only purely locally, in their countries.
The same is true for Russia. The Russian language is used both in Russia itself and in the CIS countries, because there are emigrants in other countries, but there are clearly not millions of them, and certainly they will not do Russian voice acting for them.

"Russian is one of the East Slavic languages, one of the most common in terms of the number of speakers and the number of countries of the world's languages ​​..."
But they speak Chinese, dear, it seems only in China, and besides, there are many restrictions on games, consoles like are also banned, so it's not a fact that the game came out there.

And it’s not our localizers who are to blame for the lack of Russian voice acting, but the fact that we like to download, not buy. We ourselves have earned such a reputation in the eyes of publishers, they do not need to cry now on the topic "Why is there no Russian voice acting?".
And you don't have to say something like "As long as there are such terrible localizations, I will basically take "torrentation"". In order to have Russian voice acting, you must at least take the first step towards this, namely, start buying, and not downloading, so that localizers believe that it still makes sense to do full localization.
And I wanted to be able to choose what and how to change in the game: put the original voice acting and Russian subtitles, or vice versa Russian voice acting and English subtitles. Sony does this for its exclusives, and if everyone took it into service,

Well, yes, let's go buy low-quality products in the store, in the hope that someday, thanks to our money, quality ones will appear. RAVE!!! This manufacturer should interest the buyer and not vice versa. In addition, even if this happens, nothing will change anyway, why change something if there is already a demand, as they say, why pay more.

Companies primarily focus on the quality of localization of their product and whether there will be good sales, whether it makes sense to completely localize or limit it to subtitles, and high-quality voice acting is an expensive pleasure.
Snowball somehow decided to localize the first Mass Effect using the method of Western colleagues. Invited hundreds of voice actors, spent half a million dollars.

I think that the voice acting of the Lostfilm and Novofilms type would suit us quite well, for example, a two-voice translation. And it would cost a penny on a global scale. And if someone doesn’t have where to throw the lyama field, that’s his business. Although I highly doubt this figure. In our country, films are made for this money.

Moreover, playing with the original voice acting is a good chance to improve your knowledge of the language. Two in one: you play and have fun, at the same time you learn the language.
Well, if you are going to work as a translator, then yes, otherwise everything is forgotten if you don’t repeat it, so there’s no use
myself studying in a special English class, after university, that I only remember a couple of dozen words and grammar.

V
Vaipen 18.07.22

What nafig voice acting, what are you talking about. Thank you for at least the subs were made and the textures were translated. Most games don't even have that. You have to look for creepy quality amateur prompts on the net.

u
und3ath 18.07.22

Still, I, too, was against the Russian voice acting, and DAO and ME1 were enough. How very well they picked up the voice of M Shepard, it feels like they invited a hit person of a non-traditional sexual orientation with a sleeper.

s
sanegm23 18.07.22

Russian_warfare
is not why should I choose to either read or watch the story of the game. I don't mind anyone enjoying the original with subtitles but I want to watch not read.

S
Stinger_Max 18.07.22

Anton Gorodetsky
Well, you're probably talking about consoles. on PC, games are translated, and on consoles, our localizers, to put it mildly, hack

G
GROMMOZZEKA 18.07.22

ZHUKHRAI
That's right, voice acting is always needed, otherwise it's just not respect for the Russians-!!!

w
wowanchick 18.07.22

EA games are voiced by professional voice actors. In Russia, professional loafers are re-voiced.