3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
o
orelkondor 03.09.22 11:08 pm

Should a person grow up?

Hello Skeletons. ) Let's talk about it. There is an opinion that a person should grow up: make a career, become more serious over the years, angrier, more responsible, and so on. And there is an opinion that one must be forever young - after all, it is in adolescence that we are the most sincere and judge everything unconventionally. What is your opinion: is it possible to deceive biology and how?
28 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 03.09.22

I would divide growing up directly into biological and cognitive. biological maturation is hard to deceive. And then there is social growth.
I think that it is optimal to be old enough in childhood and start working at the age of 5 to slow down organic aging with the accelerated development of cognitive age. and after a certain age, to immerse, through self-hypnosis, a cognitive model of an earlier age or its synthetic model in order to deceive the perception of age and time, which in theory should work at the hormonal level and lengthen biological youth by 5-10 years, which will be a deception of the body's biological clock.
and social age is mainly dictated by external cultural factors in the form of increasing personal responsibility with a change in social role and the possibility of economic and other self-sufficiency and life without parental intervention. - he has his average natural development. in my opinion, the most exciting option is to be quite independent and self-reliant by the age of 25.

l
lapwing mouse 03.09.22

orelkondor
I think yes. Biology can be fooled. Personally, I do just that, namely, I have to adapt to the world of evil and dullness and the world of my dreams and hobbies. I completely agree 👍👍👍 I had a hell of a lot of acquaintances before, pompous with their seriousness. And from the side, looking like clowns. The faster we grow up, the faster old age comes. Where there is old age, there is death. Leonardo da Vinci all his life was surprised by new achievements, scientific discoveries, he always had youthful maximalism in his soul. As a result, he became the god of his art. At his age, many people could not understand him. He was ahead of his time. And when some pompous entrepreneur tells me to be more mature, it either ends with obscenities or fights. Dante Alighieri, Leonardo, Homer, Rafael - in their hearts they were children, naive and kind, great personalities, walking deities, and not these worm-people who make something out of themselves, boast of a thick wallet, impudence, arrogance, hiding behind their family and everyday routine. And they themselves, as people, are nothing of themselves. They live like zombies in their rainbow little worlds. So they still manage to give me advice, I can’t laugh 🤣🤣🤣 At the Last Judgment, in front of the throne of St. Peter, I will look at their fear and advice)))) In the meantime, I’ll leave a brilliant statement from one of my favorite films:
Thank you for such an insightful topic. I kept wondering when someone will create something like this 👍👍👍👍 🙋

r
requiemmm 03.09.22

Here, probably, not even to grow up, but to integrate into the System. Because the generally accepted concept of "adulthood" is simply the degree to which a person serves the interests of others at the cost of his life.
You must get away from your parents, even if you are not being persecuted and they really need your help. Why? To give away more money, to earn more money yourself and earn more money from you.
You should be earning more money in low paying jobs so you have less time, ideally you should only eat and sleep at home. If you don’t have time, you don’t have time to think that you were stupidly bred like a sucker and driven into slavery.
You must multiply at any cost, do not care about your pedagogical "talents" and congenital defects that are inherited, so that the industry for the production of children's things, which are stupidly 5 times more expensive, without reference to cost, the education system and to the heap realized whose something imperial ambitions.
You have to buy a car so that fat traffic cops shake money from you for every sneeze, and in the form of transport tax and excise taxes on gasoline, you stupidly gave the second car to officials.
You have to buy real estate, which is a cell in a human cage with two fingers' walls. Why? To FLESH NOLOG, stupidly giving another cost of an apartment for 10 years, who knows.
You must treat with hatred and contempt those who do something outside the System, or use it to a minimum. To work with your own hands - for those who did not study at school and university, everyone wants to cling to the feeder and appropriate someone else's, this is success! From the point of view of maggot.
Art can only exist if it serves the majority. The level of development of the majority determines the level of art, so it very quickly ceases to be art. Living corpses on the stage may well serve as an example.

The more points you have collected, the more mature society considers you.

b
barbarian 03.09.22

I am certainly not an expert in this matter. But I'll give you my two cents. A lot is mixed in this concept, including careerism, etc., and much of this was brought in by Western 'culture', primarily by the film industry. 'You must be successful, constant internal growth' and others, to put it mildly, are not always achievable and sometimes lead to breakdowns from constant running around. Plus, such psychology in these countries may have worked somehow in the late 90s and 2000s, and then with interruptions in the water of 2008. I know firsthand how life is in some countries with high GDP, it was especially felt after 2020 and goodies like 'very affordable housing', lack of work, education which means little.

G
Great Aladdin 03.09.22

Spoiler

p
postroger 03.09.22

to grow up is to be able to take responsibility for your actions and nothing more. not the ability to take responsibility from a certain age is called infantilism and this is not good. but the fact that a person should be more serious, angrier, more severely sad, and so on is all bullshit. to be sincere, to be able to rejoice in little things at any age

D
Demotan 03.09.22

Yes, do not grow up. stay a child all your life, and let mom and dad feed you all your life, and you play rattles

w
wolfenstein 12.09.22

growing up not growing up is the business of every athlete ... the main thing is not to go crazy

c
caligo 12.09.22

orelkondor
@Hello Skeletons. ) Let's talk about it. There is an opinion that a person should grow up: make a career, become more serious over the years, angrier, more responsible, and so on. And there is an opinion that one must be forever young - after all, it is in adolescence that we are the most sincere and judge everything unconventionally. Your opinion: is it possible to deceive biology and how? @
From the point of view of women, men are children until old age.
Grow up to be responsible for your actions. To understand what you are doing or going to do, you accordingly evaluate the consequences of what you have done. Here, even let's say so, adult wise people get into trouble.
Forever young, no one forbids you to be, you want to be him, it doesn’t interfere with being an adult.
"We judge not stereotyped" no, we judge as we judge because there is no experience.
No one has yet deceived physical aging. Psychologically, you can easily be forever young and adult at the same time.

A
A.Soldier of Light 04.10.22

Due to several interpretations of the term "grow up" or "be an adult", there is no single answer. And everyone chooses what he likes. What prevents an adult from building a career and watching cartoons for children in their free time? Why? Because because. All these personal preferences are a purely personal matter, and if the other individual does not understand this, whose problem is it? From one point of view, this will look like "childishness", from the other, it is quite normal and not shameful. Shameful, again, is a value judgment in a certain society, community, group of people. It's probably impossible to rationalize it.

orelkondor wrote:
Your opinion: is it possible to deceive biology and how?
But is that the question? When they say "you need to grow up", or "you need to stay young", is it about biology or what? Surprisingly, I would never have thought about it) It seemed to me that this is not literally meant. Is always.
MOSHIVURIA lapwing wrote:
And when some pompous businessman tells me to be more mature, it either ends with obscenities or fights.
Why? This is wildness. That is, based on your and his personal interpretation of certain personal (!) Preferences, do you argue and fight? . Everything needs to be clear and explained.
barbarian wrote:
'You must be successful, constant inner growth'
And other rules. Each of them requires a separate interpretation, since it is possible that not all individuals equally understand such formulations. Well, again, on this topic, you can breed an eternal dispute, as personal pictures of the worlds, personal preferences, and assessments of behavior collide. Do you need to prove something to someone in order to appear "adult" in his eyes, based on his personal ideas about what it means to be "adult"? That is the question.

z
zapsib18 04.10.22

How young we were...

B
Black Future 04.10.22

I look ~18 at 28, that's what the life-giving radiation from the monitor does.

N
No_time_for_games 04.10.22

Black Future

Spoiler

r
requiemmm 04.10.22

Black Future
No, it's just that the one who starts drinking surrogates from a stall at 12, by the end of school looks 35. Any graduation for this reason is a spectacle both creepy and funny, all these typical soviet aunts of the second freshness with ribbons of graduates, surrounded by hanuriks without age...

k
kurskiy 04.10.22

Black Future
They also say that I look younger than my 35s, I even let go of my beard, but... 20-25-year-olds did the same :)

D
Denis Kyokushin 04.10.22

postroger
postroger wrote: growing
up is being able to take responsibility for your actions and nothing more.
If only managers at enterprises would be able to be responsible for their decisions and not push everything onto ordinary workers. Children? Or adult deception?

kurskiy
If there is no family and children, then this is normal. As soon as a child appears, you will grow older by 5 years in a year. You will not need a beard

e
ejick63 04.10.22

Grow up, grow up, well, as it were, yes, I did a lot of things in my life, I missed a lot, but in principle I didn’t become angrier because of that, I’m now, and I won’t say how old I am now, the main thing is that I’m retired, I play games, it’s worth skyrim , worth everything DO , sometimes I appear in tanks , but not often , wiser ? Well, I’ve probably become wiser, but it’s probably only visible from the outside, I raised children, what else, yes, I probably won’t say anything else about myself or others

D
Denis Kyokushin 04.10.22

requiemmm requiemmm
wrote:
You must multiply at any cost, do not care about your pedagogical "talents" and birth defects
he was excused, no matter what he did. He thumps regularly. Here's your mommy teacher.

h
hello 04.10.22

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
Instead of our dying nation, there will be even more Asians,

well, at least these will not die out...

v
vftor 04.10.22

Growing up is necessary for gaining experience in the process of life. But it is also necessary to preserve the purity of the child's soul (morality) and the impartiality of the mind in order to realize the new possibilities of the individual, which may be limited when growing up. The absence of such restrictions is observed only from birth in talented and brilliant personalities, for whom growing up brings only benefits.