3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Marquess 09.10.22 08:58 pm

Play as: Mage or Warrior (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

Here is my problem. I don't know how to start playing. It seems to be a pleasure to destroy enemies as a warrior, but both are off. dlc are imprisoned for a magician. But under the magician there are few good mods. Only Apocalypse and spells from Disonord. But the Apocalypse requires SKSE, and I will not put it on principle. So what to do? Help with advice, who played whom, and who likes it more. Just please answer with reason.

PS: Do not offer an assassin, a thief and an archer, because there is no interesting gameplay for them, but for me, at least.
43 Comments
Sort by:
M
Marquess 09.10.22

droid343

I don't know. I want to enjoy slicing up enemies. Be a fearsome magician or a harsh and brutal warrior. That's what I think...

B
BenziLLLa 09.10.22

DaylenDunmer
The choice between using magic and everything else.

D
DaylenDunmer 09.10.22

BenziLLLa
ok, although I still don't understand how people play warriors and archers

B
BenziLLLa 09.10.22

DaylenDunmer
I have the same bullshit, only with magicians and thieves.)

Z
Zontes 09.10.22

Make a mage, and try to combine abilities for each enemy, or for each terrain your skill.
Play the role at the end. The game allows

D
DJ_Sadist 09.10.22

Well, I'm playing as a mage. First the staff, then their abilities.

-
-Sakura- 09.10.22

Neras have already compared a magician stronger than a warrior, but there is a matter of taste;)

D
DeSperaDo11 09.10.22

Passed many times Skurim for different "classes", on all difficulties, here are the points that I can tell you about each of them:
1) "mage" - it is most interesting to play as a magician, a lot of spells, plus screams, the game turns out to be very diverse, rich , battles become different from each other (especially if you pump more than just destruction), of the minuses I can only say about a small amount of mana and hp at the beginning, but this is solved by potions, and the lack of armor, which is fatal on high difficulty, because some kind of hidden archer will take you down from one crit, but in principle in Skurim it is not forbidden to wear heavy armor even on fragile magic elfs, but, you see, something is not right ..
2) "thief" - there is a choice: to play a "cute" thief, that is, in stealth to cut out enemies with poisoned daggers, or to play a full archer (which I prefer the most), or both, but it will take a little longer to swing, that's all and bows, and one-handed weapons, and armor, and stealth, and much more .. Of the minuses of playing for a thief - a small amount of mana, thin armor (but at least something, not like a magician), attack only on a single target. But there is a tactical variety))
3) "warrior" - well, here you are either a hefty orc with a two-handed armour, clad in heavy armor, or an agile elf with two blades, or a stern Nord with a shield and a sword .. Although you can think of anything here, it all depends on your flight of fancy .. Of the pluses of playing as a "warrior" - a large amount of hp, stamina and armor, stunning, crits, splash attack, plus screams and racial skills, in short, you can become a machine for cutting enemies .. Of the minuses - only melee, endurance during the battle ends very quickly (but if you have potions, the problem disappears), well, you still have to pump magic, at least heal and protect, otherwise strong magicians will simply tear us apart and you won’t have time to approach.
My opinion about the "classes" in the game is based on personal experience and may not coincide with the opinions of other players.
And about mods.. I have CKCE, 300+ mods, everything works smoothly, crashes extremely rarely, but it’s more interesting to play with them, the main thing is not to put something completely imbecile, such as super powerful armor lying in a barrel in riverwood)

R
ReKsSam 09.10.22

If you start playing on the legendary, then the path of the magician will be damn long and difficult. You deal a penny of damage, you run out of mana all the time, you yourself lie down with 2 hits from some rat.
Over time, the warrior will have cool heavy armor + pumped blacksmithing, which will significantly increase survivability, but the magician will receive only more powerful spells that take 200-400 damage, and enemies have 2000 hp, and give Akatosh if there is still no magician resistance.
PS I recommend putting a mod on increasing spell damage along with an increase in skill level.

d
droid343 09.10.22

Marquess
Be a battle mage)

M
Marquess 09.10.22

By the way, are there mods to change the appearance of all spells? And the fact that they are not particularly impressive. exactly when in hand

D
DeSperaDo11 09.10.22

Marquess
Something similar I put. Something to change the animation of spells and to improve the textures of fire, lightning, etc.. It looked much more beautiful and the game did not seem to crash

M
Marquess 09.10.22

DeSperaDo11

when you are at the computer, can you take a look?

D
DeSperaDo11 09.10.22

EVIL PLAYER
Well, why immediately the bottom?) If the warrior was so useless, I think the developers would not bother with creating a warrior skill tree and limited themselves to two classes. The minus of a warrior is that he needs to come close to join the battle, and during this time a strong magician will smear him, and amulets, enchanted shields and a swift dash help to solve this problem.

D
DeSperaDo11 09.10.22

Marquess
Of course, I'll take a look, but somewhere in a couple of weeks, when I get home)
I remember just once I set "Ultimate HD fire effects", the fire looks really nice, and I also set "fire and ice", but it's just neighing, set fire to houses, then extinguish them yourself with ice .. True, the FPS freezes when there are a lot of special effects and ice sculptures in the air somehow look strange

D
DeSperaDo11 09.10.22

EVIL PLAYER
Well, first of all: blacksmithing cannot protect you from magic damage in any way, it was created to give the player protection from physical damage and physical attack, salvation from magic damage is only in enchantment.
And secondly: according to your own principle - by pumping enchantment and blocking (note, only two skills that are pumped much faster than the three schools of magic) I get:
1) protection from mage damage
2) an enchanted shield and a blow with this same shield, which allows me to fly up to an aggressive magician on a "swift dash", or knock him down with "ruthless force" and run up, after which he will not even rise from blows with a shield.
And in general, there are many tactical solutions for fighting one magician, even if he is a master of destruction. One or even two strong magicians do not represent any problem, if you do not run at them head-on. It is difficult when there are a crowd of them, but only because they have a larger "radius of destruction". In this case, as an option, take a magician partner, then the game is facilitated at times.

R
Roma Averkin 09.10.22

Previously, only for the "warriors" played. Swords, axes. But starting from Oblivion, I add destruction, restoration, and change to power attacks (I choose the main skills from the very beginning) and this helps a lot. I almost never use potions, as a result. heal with magic. Before the fight, I make protection (oak flesh and higher, I already forgot what it is called) and at a distance I throw fire, ice, etc. (depending on what weakness the enemy has), but in close combat I finish it off with a sword. Something like this. Block, by the way, always swing as much as possible, helps out.

D
DeSperaDo11 09.10.22

EVIL PLAYER
My reasoning is that blacksmithing is for war and it should completely protect me from mages. yeah, right now, you say that it's not you who wrote it?
The mage does not inflict physical damage, armor is not needed against him. The magician has little hp, a fucking sword is not needed against him, an ordinary knife and a wooden shield are the very thing. All classes need blacksmith skills, but it is not combat, you will not deal more damage with it.
Dovahkiin's abilities are part of the gameplay, play as a mage and don't drink flasks, I'll look at you. Or play as a thief and don't go to the forge. Same.
The partner distracts the enemies, can you cut them from the back, or have you never done this before? And at 200+ lvl, the partner himself deals with all the mobs, checked. And he doesn’t even need AI norms, he stands stupidly and shoots with a bow.

E
Evil Spirit Yambuya 09.10.22

Played as a pure mage only once.
I mainly play as a warrior (orc or nord) ... a warrior and screams are enough instead of magic. Especially since my partners are, as a rule, the mages
of Seran or Khajiit Jzargo, or they can finally be fun-))
If I play a warrior, then I always go through the first guild of mages anyway, in order to get Jzargo as a partner and put on him the robe of an archmage. Yes, and the branch of the guild of magicians seems to me the most interesting. Then I go right away with Jzargo to rescue Serana-))

D
DeSperaDo11 09.10.22

EVIL PLAYER
Did you see the current playing as a warrior when you ran away from Hellgen? Then the controversy with you is not interesting.