3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
n
niko.zvt 13.10.22 06:38 pm

Shooter from StarCraft, is it possible? (StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty)

Good day to all. I am a longtime fan of the StarCraft series, I went through all the parts several times. And once I thought - is it possible to make a shooter out of StarCraft? O_o I will say right away that all my friends, having heard this statement, were terribly surprised. How is it possible to turn one of the best RTS in the world into a shooter! Rave! Still, this question puzzled me - why not ?! Playing as an ordinary Terran paratrooper. Hmm, maybe that doesn't sound so crazy. Surely many people wanted to look at the battlefield from the 1st person. Participate in battles, fill up a couple - three zerg, so much so that there is more "meat". Having become interested in all this, I thought and believe that this idea can be put into practice. What are you asking? UDK - why not? The Unreal engine is quite up to the task. Because I've worked with this engine before, I think it's good ground. And yet, in order not to invent a bicycle, I want to hear the thoughts of the members of the forum. Write what you think about this. Tell me all the pros and cons in your opinion. Could this really be a bad idea?

PS: I really hope for constructive communication, and not for a bunch of squabbles and flooding. As well as phalosometry and finding out who has the cooler balls.
ZYY: I appeal to a respected shkolota, before you write "the topic is shit" and "in the furnace", first try to think about the thought and hold the bathert for later.
ZYYY: Sorry for offtopic. I think the moderator will make sure that there are no "showdowns" here. I propose that the guilty be hung up for a causal place and hit in the kidneys with rebar. (:
28 Comments
Sort by:
F
FILINos 13.10.22

The Blizzards thought about it themselves. Only not for the Marine, but for the Ghost (from stealth with a sniper to remove the pilot Goliath through the windshield - it would be so much fun ... =). The working title is Starcraft Ghost. Screenshots of this miracle should still be circulating on the network. But at the moment, if I'm not mistaken, the project is dead...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCraft:_Ghost

n
niko.zvt 13.10.22

I read the wiki, googled - the project is interesting. Even very interesting. But all the information says that the project is dead. It's a pity ...

FILINos, but in general, do you think this idea is productive?

D
Dmitry16384 13.10.22

No. Do not develop such projects. Shooters are of little use. It is better to develop SC in the direction of strategy.

n
niko.zvt 13.10.22

Undoubtedly, sk2 as an RTS was a success. But maybe you still need to experiment?
If not difficult, then explain why you are so critical of shooters?

A
Anderby 13.10.22

It would be possible to make a very suitable shooter, but does Blizzard really need it? Starcraft is an esports discipline, and making it out of a shooter takes effort. But I think you can promote TPS based on the Starcraft universe. Three sides, 3 classes for each side, famously twisted plot and the best practices.

h
had-95 13.10.22

I saw a map on sk2 with a first-person game, we shoot where we point the cursor and throw grenades. It was funny.
In general, Blizzards don’t know how to make shooters, it’s better to let them continue to please with their “branded” ones - strategies and diablo (well, maybe someone can be happy)

P
Pig111 13.10.22

In principle, it is possible, but Blizzards develop games for a very long time, so it's better to let them develop a strategy at this time and not a shooter and mmrpg tembolie ... PS By the way, Blizzards once had an idea to stir up a quest, with Thrall in the lead role. =)

n
niko.zvt 13.10.22

No, I express such an opinion how to create a shooter not for close ones, but for us - ordinary fans

S
SpacePRedator014 13.10.22

[NEW WORLD]-GER-DOS-
Hmm... cool, breaking a couple of three Zerg skulls, but not a bad idea, I even know what game to make this mod on the basis of Gears of War, I can even explain why:
1) Game engine just fits the mod;
2) A lot of meat just for StarCraft;
3) Not bad graphics;
4) Games are similar to each other, though closely;
In general, you suggested a cool idea +10
But this should be done by modders rather than Blizzard, let them make strategies further and not be distracted by jokes.

w
wolf774 13.10.22

Something like Dead Space will be similar) (if developed would have done)

ZY . They sang the Atomic Bomb more)

q
qwerty1999 13.10.22

I saw a map for warcraft3 Everything is like a shooter there. Snipers something like that. The view from the eyes of the unit, I don’t remember running like on wsad.

Older newer, probably even better, you can stir up everything.

n
niko.zvt 13.10.22

STALK.ER
I agree, Gears of War is a good option. But there is one BUT. Xbox 360 platform... need something for PC
Any suggestions?

A
Anderby 13.10.22

[NEW WORLD]-GER-DOS-

First Gears of War.

Only such large-scale modding in modern games is impossible.

B
Biscop_moo 13.10.22

As for me, this is how blizzies can pick up the greens, making a semblance of an MMO in the Starcraft universe. In general, it's not about whether you need a shooter or not - if it's good, let them make at least three. Another thing is that if someone gets down to business, it will turn out to be a miserable, bugged running around the dark corridors. Regardless of the engine. I'd like to see an RPG-like open-world game like the latest fallouts. And just shootings, IMHO, are already slowly fading into the past. And why are they, if these same shooters can be successfully placed against the backdrop of good graphics, plot and RPG layer. A kind, I'm not afraid of this phrase, Starcraft Effect (crossed) with an open world, without a soap opera, without shelters and with a normal role-playing base - why not?

T
Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix 13.10.22

The idea is not bad, but in order to create such a thing, it is necessary to make tremendous efforts, which few people will do. Although if there is a desire, then everything is possible!

F
Festr.. 13.10.22

It is possible, but not advisable. You can make a strategy out of the Code. And although, for the development of the series ....

D
DiLouk 13.10.22

A shooter has already been made from a strategy, see Command & Conquer: Renegade
And by the forces of the authors of the strategies.

s
strayker96 13.10.22

it would be nice to make something like Star Wars: Battlefront`a or Battlefield`a out of the Old Man. How do you like the idea.

T
Thorongil 13.10.22

strayker96
is not...that's definitely not an option. better based on warfare or crysis 2

s
strayker96 13.10.22

also nothing.