3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Q
QTarantello20 13.10.22 07:19 pm

Game Experience [Xbox 360] (Max Payne 3)

The toy has been surfing the net all day (And immediately in Russian), so we share our impressions about the game and, judging by the first of them, the new adventures of old Max were 100% successful.
68 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sergi0 13.10.22

100% what I expected. even more realistic animation and physics than in GTA 4 and Red Dead Redemption, but I still can’t get used to the fact that there is a bullet time there. The level in New York was generally flooded with nostalgia, the same shabby bars and apartments with entrances, snow-covered gateways. The only thing missing is the TV shows that were scattered throughout the levels in the previous parts

g
gugu1313 13.10.22

I played a couple of hours in this masterpiece. It’s hard to play on a difficult level, the enemies are not stupid, they hide, go around, swear all the time, the plot is still simple, I hope it will be cooler. The game itself is served as an interactive movie, pictures change quickly and you also need to read the text, a lot of interesting twists in the gameplay, sometimes you don’t know what will happen next. Graphics, music, everything is in place, only I didn’t notice how in the videos there were traces of bullets.

J
Jay C 13.10.22

There are traces on clothes and even more so on interiors, even when you bring down enemies, especially in Bullet Cam, holes in them from bullets remain and blood comes from there)))

Q
QTarantello20 13.10.22

In general, the toy is very happy at the moment, moreover, it is so far the highest quality project of 2012. The gameplay is hurricane, the graphics are excellent, the animations are super (Thanks to the "Euphoria" engine), but the coolest thing here is the staging at the level of films: amazing videos, a huge pile of small details, the complete absence of any downloads (They are neither between missions, nor between scenes, videos , in short, there are NO downloads at all!). This allows you to simply not break away from the game and not lose the thread of the story. With the plot, too, everything is in order (Kind of), but I only went through a couple of missions, and a lot of interesting events have already happened. Yes, and Max himself did not seem to have changed: an absolutely pessimistic mood, he constantly thumps in between tasks and conducts long sincere monologues. In short, the toy is super, let's see what happens next.

v
vmagic 13.10.22

Today, finally, I managed to check out the game (I borrowed a box from a friend)... I went through several chapters... There are a lot of impressions, and only positive ones... A movie with smart action, very difficult in places... Graphically, even on the box it looks super.. .The production of videos (scenes) is simply gorgeous, not inferior to Ancharted and Heavy Rain ... In general, the gameplay itself is at a very high level .... I never get tired of being surprised by Rockstars - in each of their new games they only raise the bar for the quality of games, although Max Payne 3 I can’t call my tongue a game anymore) It’s something between a movie and a game, just like with Ancharted and Heavy Rain (Sorry for the repetition - emotions))) ... in general, one of these days I’ll go pre-order on a PC to do, which is what you I wish you)
And congratulations to everyone on another super project that met all expectations!
ps I didn’t write anything about the plot, so as not to spoil it ... but one thing can be said - it is played in the same breath!

H
HyperXStream 13.10.22

After an hour of playing, the impressions are mixed. This is certainly not Max Payne, and not noir at all, and not even a thriller. It's...ahem...GTA with bullet time. It feels and plays like a GTA, the presentation is like a GTA, the cutscenes are GTA with boring direct camera angles, GTA dialogues, plastic neon GTA graphics and mockup. Whatever Rockstar doesn't do, it will turn out to be GTA. What kills the most is GTA cardboard-plastic graphics, which does not fit Max Payne at all, there is not even any filter with goosebumps and the colors are bright in a yellow-brown palette. Well, of course, it is played cheerfully, the gameplay is at its best, there is nothing to say here. Well, as always, the rage slows down with its not so hot picture. In general, the impressions are mixed, but one thing is clear - you can forget about the old max. The subtitles are also very small for the console version, you constantly have to strain your eyesight.

Q
QTarantello20 13.10.22

HyperXStream
Absolutely disagree. The staging of the game is simply gorgeous, and it doesn’t look like GTA at all, it can only be compared with films, because in terms of directing, Max Payne 3 is not much inferior to some Hollywood action movies. As for the graphics, either you are playing with a VGA cable, or you just got drunk: the detailing of everything and everything is very high, and the characters do move and especially look like they are alive.

Q
QTarantello20 13.10.22

polus85 Everything
seems to be in order with the difficulty - there are five of them, the last two will be available only after passing the third level, and I will say that even it can be quite difficult to play, but I can’t even imagine what will happen on the last one (It’s called Old School).

-
-GLOCK- 13.10.22

No, but in general, in my opinion, the cool effect was when Max reloaded the weapon in the bullet-time mode (it looked especially cool with a sawn-off shotgun). It would be nice to add to part 3...

A
AlexWake777 13.10.22

"This is not Max Payne", "this is not Max Payne", "this is not Max Payne" ... well, they got it right.))

Naturally, "Max Payne 3" is a completely different game than the first two parts. And the point is not so much in the changed developers (Rockstar, if anything, developed "MP3" in close cooperation with Remedy), but in the plot and logical development of the series itself.
Even "Max Payne 2", released two years after the first part, was radically different from it in spirit and atmosphere.
What can we say about "Max Payne 3", which comes out nine (!) years after the second one.

Naturally, for all the old fans of the series, the very first "Max" will forever be out of competition, because no one will ever forget that feeling when "Snowy cold city, pain in the soul, a beret in the hands and revenge in the heart". That Max was still young, retained the remnants of a sense of humor. And he had a clear goal, which did not allow him to give up.
In "MP2", no less brilliantly conveyed, but completely different feelings, despair is replaced by apathy, and the last hope in the form of feelings for Monet is shattered in the finale.

Are there really idiots here who sincerely think that in MP3, in the nine years that have passed since then, Max, who has not committed suicide until now only because of his really strong character, will go to the gym or at least somehow take care of yourself?
Are there really idiots here who expected that in "MP3" Max will be the same as he was in the first part?
A man was killed by everyone he loved, on his hands is the blood of policewoman Winterson, in general, a good woman who simply fell under the influence of Vlad. He has the blood of hundreds of people on his hands, no matter how bad they are.

Do you really believe that after all this he will be, as in the first part, a fit, peppy guy? Someone who expects this clearly has a big problem with logic.
Do you even remember Payne's dreams from the first two parts? In my opinion, it was difficult to come up with a clearer and more demonstrative demonstration of what is happening in the soul of the hero.
Yes, he hates himself. Hates from the very first part.

And naturally, he runs away from this feeling of guilt to where it is easiest to run away - into the "bottle". And when you constantly drink for almost ten years, you certainly won’t be handsome.

In general, I just got tired of the cries of "the new Max is dull, fat drunk, here in the first part ...", "this is not Max Payne" and so on.

This is a continuation, not a remake or prequel of the first part. Continuation, which refers to the events taking place almost ten years later with the MP2.

I just ask, like me, longtime fans of the series, to pay attention to this and it is from this that starting to perceive the third part, and not dream of "the return of Max from the first part."
That Max cracked after the end credits of MP1. And he finally died (in a psychological sense) in the final of MP2 - the feature with the "live Mona" at maximum difficulty was like a joke, the real ending, alas, is extremely tragic.

M
McEclipse 13.10.22

AlexWake777
it actually seems to me that schoolchildren are whining mostly in order to show themselves as oldfags))
I also went through the first 2 parts more than once and I liked the continuation, we are
waiting for the fourth part =))

L
Lord On Acid 13.10.22

Firstly, this is not a remendy, but a rockstar, and secondly, the plot is "a little stupid" for Max Payne, something says that there will not be the drama that was before, and Brazil itself is annoying. Yes, and the engine .. it will not convey the atmosphere of the past parts, instead it will be the atmosphere of GTA. I'll tell you the rest when I play on PC :)

d
drill killer 13.10.22

I changed the resolution to 720p, the fps rose, it became comfortable to play.
Well, what can I say about the game, I won’t talk about the minuses, because a quality game made with a soul must be perceived as it is. Well, the pluses are the same as those usually inherent in Rockstar Games.
Lest anyone think that the creators of the game are fighting massacres, here is the latest news:
“Mexican police on Sunday, May 13, found 49 mutilated bodies piled along a road near the city of Monterrey, located near the American border. According to Agence France Presse, the killers beheaded their victims and also cut off their hands so that the victims could not be identified by fingerprints ... "

G
GunslinGa_MЗ 13.10.22

Well done job, rockstar showed a broken payne, as it was supposed to, well done.
The manufacturability of the game is also at its best, the graphics, these realistic folds, the lighting, the detailing of the environment, everything is in the rockstar style - well done.

H
HyperXStream 13.10.22

It was cool, the plot dragged on and it was hard to come off, but the ending could have been done better. Of course, you can forget about noir, the atmosphere of hopelessness and drug delirium, this is a different game and about something else. There is no plot connection with the previous parts, Max's past is just a backdrop for a new plot. The gameplay is cool, the euphoria has become even cooler and more spectacular, the bullet time has remained consistently effective, but it is often less effective to use than regular cover, it is much easier to shoot enemies this way, and there is nowhere to use jumps with bullet time in the last chapters, the levels are done with a bet on passing with shelters and shooting enemies a la giri. It’s still unclear why they didn’t let grenades play around, although in the game the enemies do not hesitate to use them, but they didn’t give them to Max, and in general the choice of weapons is small compared to the previous parts, where there were various rifles and machine guns, and grenade launchers and Molotov cocktails and finally grenades. The plot turned out to be more ordinary than I thought, but it was wildly interesting to follow the development of events, largely due to Max's constant monologues, if not for them, the game would have been much less interesting. As always, R* delivered the theme song playing at the end. There would be less yellow-brown tones, the atmosphere and style would be darker, the plot would be wrapped up fatter and the score would be higher. *8.5. the atmosphere and style would have been darker, the plot would have been wrapped up fatter and the score would have been higher. *8.5. the atmosphere and style would have been darker, the plot would have been wrapped up fatter and the score would have been higher. *8.5.

N
Nemesis 13.10.22

"bullet time has remained consistently effective, but using it is often less effective than regular cover, it is much easier to shoot enemies this way, and in the last chapters there is nowhere to use bullet time jumps at all, the levels are based on passing through cover and shooting enemies ala kettlebells"

But this is fucked up like shit. I could forgive the MP3 change of setting from snowy New York to sunny Brazil, I could forgive the resemblance to Willis and Fisher, but the transformation of the main gameplay feature - a deadly dance among bullets - into a cover shooter??? Well this is blasphemy!

H
HyperXStream 13.10.22

Nemesis

You can and should play like the good old MP, but it will be more difficult, but also more spectacular and cool, the developers gave you the opportunity to choose your style of passing, I tried to play the whole game like MP, but by the end it became hard to play like that, at the airport there are dozens of enemies, but there are no first-aid kits nearby, and the level is made with a stake on shelters, otherwise you won’t survive, but otherwise most of the game in terms of gameplay is the good old Max Payne with some changes, you can even watch TV in some places, but there really isn’t so everything is cool as in the original dilogy, there are news and funny gta ads. Relax, this is not weights.

PS Fans with high expectations downvote -_-

Q
Qwenn 13.10.22

passed. Well, what can I say? awesome game! Rockstars don't do shit. Bravo! 9/10

+
great animation
good graphics
brutality
uncut no downloads between levels, game looks like a movie a
lot of cool moments
no auto regeneration, good old painkiller detective
levels with old max in new york
good plot

-
want more!
some levels are just kick as hard to pass, overestimated difficulty, gritting his teeth replayed a hundred times
this is not the max that everyone wanted, but the development of gg as a person is quite natural and everything is clearly told why he is in brazil

Here is what I can highlight. in general, a cool toy turned out, and who whines that this is not the max and rockstar bastards, they killed max, those complete idiots

r
razorigor 13.10.22

Here I decided to read the comments of those who have already played before buying the game. I learned almost everything about the game - that this is a hurricane action game with crazy production and excellent graphics, there was no doubt about it, after all, the game is made by rockstar. But still, I could not find an answer to my main question. For some reason, most fans of Max do not see what, so to speak, is the feature of the previous two parts, believing that it's all about the setting, noir, the atmosphere of a snowy and rainy city. Of course, as a true fan of Max Payne, I agree with them, everything is so. But few see the fundamental principle of all this and in general what made this game a cult status and one of the best. This is undoubtedly a very great talent and brilliant imagination of the screenwriter and the main ideologist of the franchise - Sam Lake. The first two parts are completely different, this is true, and the third should be different, but in everything, in every word of max, in all surrealistic allusions, the work of this man was felt. This is what united the first two parts. Remember - in the first snow, in the second rain, in the first revenge, in the second love, there is a piano, then a violin and so on. And even with all its simplicity of the plot, that the first, that the second max were ingenious games because of the genius of their screenwriter. I don’t know about the rest of the fans, for me, Max’s monologues, which I want to learn by heart and quote, had the highest value. But these are not his words! these are the words invented by Lake and embodied in the game so masterfully that behind the seemingly ordinary criminal shooter lies incommensurable depth and penetration. That is why the worst thing for me in the third part was not leaving the previous setting, from black raincoats, from police work, from melancholy new york after all. My biggest fear was that the game would lose its brilliance in the form of those wonderful monologues Lake had come up with. I'll never forget:
The past is like a failure. No matter how much you run away from him, the abyss behind your back will only get deeper, more terrible, closer.
To remember is to accurately collect a broken mirror: the fragments cut your hands, the reflection is crushed. You change yourself. That way you can go crazy. Or gain freedom.

Therefore, my main question is this: Is the spirit of Sam Lake preserved in the game (as far as I know, he was still one of the writers) Can the game still be parsed into quotes and savor them separately from Max Payne, or is it still a great shooter with a good plot, wonderful monologues, but still not what it used to be. If you understand what I mean.

g
get away_[667] 13.10.22

The first two parts also had far from ideal ratings, but the games are masterpiece)) So don't care about the press, MP 3 is a great game anyway)