3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SpitFire 14.10.22 12:37 am

Game localization (Call of Duty: Black Ops)

Who will localize the game or, nevertheless, will not?
|***|New Disk (10 votes)
|***|1C (8 votes)
|***|Original voice acting (4 votes)
|***|Something else (3 votes)

Last count - /06.06 .10 11:24/
PS Poll-topic.

I want the original sound, otherwise I'm better for the "New Disc"
184 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sergeanur 14.10.22

Translation of a new disk is no better than what 1s did in code 6.
Looking at the translation of what. Here in CoD4 the translation is very good, the voice acting is better than the original. But in CoD:WW the translation is of course "not very" to put it mildly. The font is primitive, not at all like the original, in the voice acting, the intonation of the characters is generally not conveyed at all, they were too lazy to make subtitles, there are only in the introductory and final videos, where they were too lazy to make voice acting. But, nevertheless, in the localizations of the "New Disc" at least the characters are not confused, unlike 1C. Here in CoD: MW2, for example, Ghost speaks in two voices, and Makarov generally has four (the level "Not a word in Russian" may have been cut out in order not to disgrace even more). The episodic characters are generally monophonic. Many remarks were left in English, for example, "Contact for an hour" was not voiced to anyone. In multiplayer, voice acting is often repeated twice. Hmm,

H
Hippie_Dog 14.10.22

Here in CoD4 the translation is very good, the voice acting is better than the original.

Are you kidding? Better than the original voice acting a priori can not be.

S
Sergeanur 14.10.22

Are you kidding?
No, I'm not kidding. Or would you rather listen to Russian soldiers with a terrible accent? Plus, the terminology has been corrected in the New Disk.

H
Hippie_Dog 14.10.22

Would you rather listen to English soldiers speaking Russian? :)

S
Sergeanur 14.10.22

Yes. At least they speak clearly and without an accent.
PS You are avoiding the answer.

S
Smouk136T 14.10.22

If you think about it, it's very difficult to choose, COD5 localized the new disc perfectly. And COD6 perfectly localized 1C. "After all, these freaks can do everything well and quickly" (c)

D
Dustavskoy 14.10.22

Of course I would choose the original. And if preference is given to localizers, then “1C”.

H
Hippie_Dog 14.10.22

In my opinion, the original voice acting should be chosen in the case of expensive RPGs, such as Mass Effect. And in the case of shooters, with a delusional plot and Rambo characters, it is better to play with Russian voice acting.

k
kulman 14.10.22

Original with Russian subtitles

F
FixFlow 14.10.22

I do not even know...

H
Hippie_Dog 14.10.22

So why are you posting if you don't know?

j
joxxy 14.10.22

1C most likely.

H
Hippie_Dog 14.10.22

100% they are.

S
Shephard [USSR] 14.10.22

1C - Activision announced that now they will be engaged in localization and publishing in Russia and the CIS countries.

C
Cyril 38rus 14.10.22

nd

r
rock power 14.10.22

Many people are interested to know which company will localize Call of Duty: Black Ops in Russia. Most recently, the administration of SoftClub confirmed on its forum that they will be the localizers of Call of Duty: Black Ops, which is somewhat unexpected after their work on Modern Warfare 2.

codblackops.ru

M
MyXa98 14.10.22

Many people are interested to know which company will localize Call of Duty: Black Ops in Russia. More recently, the SoftClub administration confirmed on their forum that they will be the localizers of Call of Duty: Black Ops, which is somewhat unexpected after their work on Modern Warfare 2.

Here is what one of the SoftClub administrators wrote on the forum: At the moment, full localization is planned for all platforms.
It's not a secret for anyone that the player's perception of the entire gameplay process, as well as the impression of the game as a whole, depends on the quality of localization. After the terrible localization of Modern Warfare 2, when many players preferred English over Russian voice acting, we hope that SoftClub will get down to business more thoroughly and not make the same mistakes.

D
Dustavskoy 14.10.22

I also hope that the localization will be good. Not like the "gentle voice" of Sg. Foley.

J
JDM Subaru 14.10.22

I hope 1C

C
Comrade Kote 14.10.22

1C