3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
FiveBomb 14.10.22 12:49 am

Project CARS vs. Gran Turismo

For me personally, the Gran turismo series has remained sacred since the first part on ps1, since for each part I killed at least half a year, and in the fourth I killed a year and a half this game because of which I fell in love with cars, but Project CARS is the same nfs shift 2 only with new buns - that is, a maximum of two weeks is enough. What is your choice?
52 Comments
Sort by:
R
RAZIEL_ 14.10.22

Daniil Volkov
>This was written about quite a long time ago
Knowing their pace of work, it's even scary to imagine how much they will do this animation...
Just in time for the release of the second part, probably.

D
Daniel Volkov_ 14.10.22

RAZIEL_
>Knowing their pace
What's wrong with the pace?
I'm used to what games do for one year?

B
Bigozerki 14.10.22

Grant tourism I choose, but only at the expense of the automotive industry, I love to ride vintage cars, no supercars bring so much pleasure as old mastadons...

d
darkster 14.10.22

What do you mean by tire physics in the game? And what car simulators still have it? And what's the point of this physics if cars in PCARS behave like pregnant cows on ice?

A
Artego32rus 14.10.22

darkster
on the keyboard and gamepad, maybe they behave like cows, everything is fine on the steering wheel

d
darkster 14.10.22

Artego32rus
I don't argue, I don't have a steering wheel to check. But if the developers are making a game and sewing support for the X-Box (Logitec ChillStream) gamepad into it, then the controls must be adapted to it. Just like it is done for different steering wheels, and just like other developers do it in other games - Asetto Corsa, GRID, Dirt, Shift, GTR, etc. .
You won’t go far on one steering wheel, since most gamers don’t have a steering wheel, and on “non-poor” hardcore players (since a normal steering wheel costs at least $ 100) you won’t go far.

A
Artego32rus 14.10.22

darkster
gamepad support is excellent here, it is calibrated with the same set of settings as the steering wheel. If you spend a few hours in selecting the optimal settings, as users with steering wheels always do, you can end up playing quite well with it.

And yes, you can buy a normal steering wheel for 1.5k - this is the Logitech MOMO. But other normal steering wheels are much more expensive than a hundred green ones. The closest option is DFGT, which used costs at least 6k

973_ALuKaRD_973 14.10.22

darkster
What is tire physics? Well ... the physics of tires, no matter how strange it may be. Those. the impact of materials on it, the zonal temperature regime, taking into account all resistances, surfaces, contact points, etc.
And where else is she? Yes, in the same iRacing (in general, the best physics, as for me) and they are quite proud of it. When I first tried iRacing, I was shocked by how much steering is different from the same Assetto Corsa, GTR 2 and so on.
And then, you'll forgive me, but how can you judge physics in autosim without having a steering wheel?

d
darkster 14.10.22

What is tire physics in life, I know as well as you, but I ask how it is implemented in the game? These are the same scripts and command models that are responsible for the movement of a unit (in this case, a car) along navigation surfaces during the game. And if the developers added some kind of effect to the unit model and called it "Tire Physics", and everyone picked up - "Wow, tire physics, how cool, what cool physics !!!". It doesn't mean anything if you don't feel this physics. And about the pompous words about the presence of the steering wheel - it's ridiculous. Because the game steering wheel and the gamepad are still controllers for the game, someone is better controlled with a gamepad, someone with a steering wheel ... anyway, both are infinitely far from a real drive. It's like saying "how can you play a flight simulator without a joystick?" but at the same time, 90% of the people who passed the IL2 Sturmovik,
I'm not saying that the game is bad, but I liked Gran Turismo much more both in terms of gameplay and reality, and this is just my opinion.

R
RAZIEL_ 14.10.22

darkster
> And about the pompous words about the presence of the steering wheel - it's ridiculous.

Actually, it’s not funny at all, without a normal steering wheel, there’s no point in launching such games at all, but the same arcade Grid motorsport on the steering wheel brings ten times more pleasure from the virtual driving process than a keyboard or a gamepad, it’s a pity I didn’t have a chance to play GT on the steering wheel, It's very interesting how it all works out there. Due to the fact that someone is better on the steering wheel, and someone on the keyboard can give it yes, in the table of online records pKars I saw a person who, playing on the keyboard while driving a kart, took third place among the steering wheels. I also like GT and in the first four parts, I played a cloud of hours. but that's not all.
In short, buy a normal steering wheel and you will feel both physics and drive.

d
darkster 14.10.22

Yes, I played on the steering wheel (borrowed from friends) in GRID, DIRT and NFS Shift2. I liked it, of course, but it’s more familiar on the gamepad, 25 years of games on consoles, from 4bit Rambo to PS3. Yes, and a normal steering wheel is now too expensive to buy ,,.

d
diablo_7_13 14.10.22

To beat Gran turismo in the genre, you need a game budget comparable to that of GTA 5... licenses for cars and tracks cost a lot.
But in some ways Project Cars succeeded