3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
Horse567 20.01.23 01:49 pm

Dust filter.

There is an AeroCool Aero One case, the question is there is a dust filter on the front panel, you can put either 3 x 120mm or 2 x 140mm fans, but everyone puts the dust mesh in different ways, you can put it inside the case, or you can, outside, t .e. 1) you can put a dust mesh first, then fans, and you can also put fans first, and then a dust mesh and then a cover, everyone puts it differently, but how will it be more efficient?
34 Comments
Sort by:
H
Horse567 20.01.23

H
Horse567 20.01.23

H
Horse567 20.01.23

Either, as in the first picture, or as in the second ..

L
Lex one 20.01.23

Horse567
Naturally before.
I work as a ventilator. Everywhere in all installations and air conditioners there are dust filters up to. Then the engine itself.

H
Horse567 20.01.23

And why then did they make it possible to do this and that?

H
Horse567 20.01.23

Right now I have a dust filter in front.

H
Horse567 20.01.23

H
Horse567 20.01.23

In short, like this

H
Horse567 20.01.23

In general, it's worth it now

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

Horse567 wrote:
now this is how it
should be - first the protective grille, then the dust mesh / coolers. The grill protects them from accidental touches (etc.). For more efficient blowing, the grate and mesh can be removed, but then the coolers will not have any protection - at your own peril and risk.

H
Horse567 20.01.23

Before that, I had, first the grid, then the cooler, then the grill, yesterday I cleaned the computer, watched the videos, and rearranged it, so I ask how it is right.

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

Horse567
Horse567 wrote:
...I had, first a mesh, then a cooler, then a grille...
You can put the mesh as you like (or not put it at all), but outside (for good) there should be a protective grille:
Spoiler

H
Horse567 20.01.23

So, it’s worth it, first the fans, then the field grid, then the protective grill, and before that it was first the grid, then the fans, then the protective grill, as it was before, once a month I cleaned the dust grid, the grid saves from dust, of course, but now put to another.

L
Loken 20.01.23

Horse567 wrote:
So, it’s worth it, first the fans, then the field grid, then the protective grid, and before it was first the grid, then the fans, then the protective grid, as it was before, I cleaned the dust grid once a month, the grid certainly saves from dust, but now I put it differently.
Previously, your fans themselves were not protected from large "dust", hair, wool and everything else that they sucked in from the outside. Now all this will remain on the dust grid and the fans can be cleaned less often.

H
Horse567 20.01.23

In general, now it is worth it right ?! And another question, should the fans be close to each other or at a distance? I used to have 3 x 120 mm on the front panel, now I changed it to 2 x 140 mm, if they are 3 x 120 mm, then they are tight, and two of 140 mm have a distance, cm 5, and the holes allow them to be placed from each other friends, should they be placed tightly against each other or should there be a distance between them?

L
Loken 20.01.23

If you have iron which is indicated in the profile, then there is no point in blocking 3 turntables, there will only be extra noise. Moreover, in this case, the lower fan is neither in the village nor in the city, there the lower casing blocks it, only the extra noise will be from the flow beating into this casing. Put two 140mm slots in the top and middle slots, it will also pump air under the video card and the processor cooler will get air. You can even reduce the speed in the BIOS to 60-70%, if the motherboard allows, it will be quieter.
Put two 140 on the front muzzle for blowing in, on the back wall 120 or 140 for blowing out and on the ceiling above the processor for blowing out 120 or 140mm, it doesn’t matter. With your iron, it is not necessary to drive the turntables strongly, you can lower the speed to a comfortable noise level, and in the summer add speed in the heat.
And although there is only one sisfan connector on this motherboard stub, so forget about the speed part.

H
Horse567 20.01.23

I have 2 x 140mm on the front panel, 2 x 120mm on the top and one 120mm on the back panel, everything works fine, I'm just wondering about the correct air flow.

L
Loken 20.01.23

Everything is fine with the air flow, as long as one of the valves does not blow into the lower casing, otherwise there will be little fresh air going to the vidyukha. Put the turntables in the middle and top slots, but move them as far down the slots as possible.

H
Horse567 20.01.23

H
Horse567 20.01.23

So?