3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mr Shake 20.01.23 03:00 pm

Most Annoying Enemy (Half-Life 2)

I think it's not necessary to explain the essence of the topic, since the title says it all. :)
73 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nicklos 20.01.23

they, they!!!

C
Combine 999 20.01.23

You constantly need to be distracted by them, especially for the sake of them to get gravipuha!
Lol, why get a gravity gun if you're too lazy? You can just run up and run away, or send cannon fodder at them, or throw explosive objects at them.

It would be nice if they complicate the game in a good way, but they just stupidly interfere !!!
They add variety and add tactics. You can do a lot of cool things with them!
For example:
1. Get rid of insurgents getting in the way by pushing them into mines or otherwise.
2. Throw at enemies.
3. Reprogram and install again by luring enemies to them.
4. Build a pyramid out of them.
5. Lay on an uneven surface and laugh at their funny jumps.
6. Kill yourself with them.
And many more interesting things.

F
Frost Norde 20.01.23

Rollermine's are the most annoying enemies in HL2, especially in On the Road

G
Grim Assistant 20.01.23

The poisonous headcrabs pissed me off. As I heard their roar, I began to rush about, trying not to let myself be bitten ...

F
Frost Norde 20.01.23

Mr. Moonshade
But I specially collected them to arrange a real hardcore

S
SpacePRedator014 20.01.23

manheki

D
Dr. Salawat 20.01.23

Alliance advisors, especially in episodes, are very annoying with their psychic attacks!

_
_Postal_Dude_ 20.01.23

Zombies with grenades are generally obese. Episode one, where the elevator had to wait. I'm with them, in general, aph%@&? And manhacks with fast headcrabs and elites were also bullied by the Allians. . .

M
Mr Shake 20.01.23

Mr. Moonshade
Alone, they are not dangerous, but in groups with other enemies they are a real threat.

P
PaulKilo1991 20.01.23

pissed off the menheki!! I like to upgrade weapons in HL2 ... For example, I like the usual shotgun that fired cartridges from a revolver the most)))) zombies with headcrabs on their backs are demolished with one shot)))) you can still sniper from Grigory's father's shotgun, you set him to shoot arrows from a crossbow and voila, one bullet flies right into the center, a restroom thing at any distance)))) and opponents fly far away from such shots, it's cool to watch them tumble after hitting the head))))

N
N-ero 20.01.23

Now I thought about it and realized that no one in HL2 annoys me. Is it a stretch to call the hunters from Ep2, and only that.
With everyone else, I am nicely amused. And in general, I haven’t played for a long time, it would be necessary to remember the past ...

N
Novakid 20.01.23

Barnacles are the most annoying, also menheks but only at the first levels when there is no gravity gun

S
Svarthjarta 20.01.23

Now I thought about it and realized that no one in HL2 annoys me. Is it a stretch to call the hunters from Ep2, and only that.

A similar situation. No one is particularly annoying, except for the hunters, and then only in one place, when it is necessary to defend the rocket station from the striders, these assholes were always knocking my bombs off the striders. And so even they do not enrage anywhere else.

D
Dark Kahn 20.01.23

Citizens of course. Without mods, they are like tanks, you can’t even hit the head with a rocket, which infuriates.

s
spectrum fromTM 20.01.23

// harvester mine them

T
The Punk 20.01.23

For me, it's menheki. Yes, after the appearance of the gun, they are no longer a problem, but still, they mostly occur just before it appears, and they really interfere.

N
N-ero 20.01.23

Yes, after the appearance of the gun, they are no longer a problem, but still, they mostly occur just before it appears, and they really interfere.
Mounting them. Very simple.
Unless the difficulty may be the place in the chapter "Through the channels", where there are two communicating chambers that must be filled with water in order to go further. There are many, yes. Well, there are a lot of combustible barrels there, it’s quite enough for this horde of manhacks. The main thing is not to fry yourself.
The rest of the manhake is not such a big problem.

x
xDDGx 20.01.23

After playing Sevive on skill 3 about the ease of use of the crowbar against them, I would not turn my tongue. No, if you mean by simplicity - swinging the montey to the right and left, not paying attention to damage, because then there is a magic box with a first-aid kit and a battery - then everything is ok, but my task was to leave as safe as possible, and on the magic boxes , which are almost completely empty, there was no hope. It is especially difficult when they attack three (and usually more) pieces at once, especially in cramped narrow rooms, of which the "channels" mainly consist. Manheki literally surround you, and keeping track of everything is simply unrealistic. You can partially focus on hearing, but during the battle you still can’t keep track. You won't leave without damage. Heroically with acceleration, throwing yourself at a manhack, masha montey - also guarantees you damage.
And combustible barrels are not everywhere. At the very beginning, where the Negro rebel and a little further there, you can use barrels. Further, where two GO guys with machine guns and a bunch of manhacks fill up with ^W, you have to shamefully run away. Hack in the vent can be a problem, but I managed to shoot it with one pistol clip (if you smear it, it will get you during reloading). After swimming and shooting down the GOs (right in front of the place mentioned by Nero), you will be attacked by a bunch of Manhacks. I had an idea to save a couple of barrels from the explosion from the heap that the GO-shniks throw at us before, but it's not so easy, so I abandoned the idea. I got rid of the hacks by a miracle, on the nth attempt, with the help of a single grenade (I didn’t have any more), successfully thrown under the screen door. I was very surprised when I realized that she knocked down all the manhacks.
There were still a bunch of hacks left in that room with a bunch of barrels after the explosion, and a few more flew in, fortunately, they were held up by barrels that blocked the hole with the stairs, so I could safely shoot them (although this practically deprived me of pistol cartridges, and the ammunition to me it was also desirable to save, again because of the drawers ...). Again, I had to run away from the new batch of hacks, quickly rushing into the water, and then jumping over to the other side with acceleration.
And, of course, the barn, where you are simultaneously attacked by a helicopter, GO-shniks (who, even with machine guns at long distances, show impressive accuracy, which you somehow don’t notice in the original; well, of course, because in the original the camera doesn’t swing from every hit!) , and manhake...

So now I just hate them. If not for the anomalous abundance of magic boxes with first-aid kits and batteries, the thread would be full of noise about these gizmos.

j
jet ranger 20.01.23

Allies you can't get rid of are sometimes worse than any enemy.

Antlions, for example, do not wait for the player to specifically summon them with a Feropod. They climb out of the ground themselves and either diligently get under their feet (sometimes not allowing them to escape from the guards in time), or they take out everyone on their own, leaving the player miserable crumbs. I would like, for example, to go through the corridor part of "Nova Prospekt" WITHOUT bugs, but nizya!

For some reason, the rebels in City 17 can't be forced to stay put. There was such a team in HL1; one wonders why in HL2 the developers considered it unnecessary? You send the rebels somewhere far away (in the sense, "Send your squad to a location" with the C button), and they trample there for a few seconds and run back to you to block the path to retreat.

IMHO, obsessive allies - the only significant drawback of HL2.

N
N-ero 20.01.23

After playing Sevive on skill 3 about the ease of use of the crowbar against them, I would not turn my tongue.
Well, I still considered the spherical case from the original game (I somehow don’t really want to get acquainted with the creation of Japanese madness). It is clear that without damage it is impossible to get rid of them, but nevertheless, it was the mount that seemed to me the most effective way to fight off the manhacks. If you shoot from a pistol, then they fly off not so far and are slightly damaged, and it’s more difficult to hit than in close combat. The machine gun is effective, but a lot of cartridges are spent, and relatively few cartridges are mined in those places. So mounting is the best.

IMHO, obsessive allies - the only significant drawback of HL2.
I upvote a thousand times.
Although in the current passage of HL2 in Steam, I gladly collected the achievement "Kill 50 enemies with the help of antlions."