3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
Okina 26.01.23 01:26 pm

Freezes in games, drops in GPU frequencies msi radeon rx 6900 xt gaming x trio 16g.

Hello!
From time to time I catch freezes in games (1st screenshot-freeze on the chart; 2nd screen-monitoring). The graph shows that the video card resets the frequencies in games and the stress test in amd adrenaline (3rd screenshot), while in the FurMark test, the graph is flat (4th screenshot).
Windows reinstalled, tried different versions of the driver, reinstalled the driver through the DDU utility.
System:
Motherboard - asrock b450m pro4
Processor - amd ryzen 7 5800x
RAM - AMD Radeon R9 Gamer Series [R9S416G3206U2K] 8gbx2 3200MHz; 16-18-18-39 Drive
- NVMe SSD M.2
Power Supply - Deepcool PF750 750W
Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Power Plan - High Performance
AMD Driver Version - 22.11.2

44 Comments
Sort by:
S
Salyarych 26.01.23

Okina
The 6900 has one problem - in any demanding games, the vidyuha for some reason drops the fps to almost 0. And, to be honest, it does not hold the frame rate. If you can still take the card to the store, run and give it in and buy a 4080 with a little money. She doesn’t have such problems and won’t have it.
I got myself a 4080 after reviewing a bunch of tests. Radeon lost everywhere. And in any tests there were jambs with a drop in FPS.
Here is an example of card comparisons. Pay attention to the FPS drops on the Radeon map. I think the owner of the card from the reds needs to wait for a patch in the drivers.

D
Denis Kyokushin 26.01.23

Salyarych
This is a bot. The theme of tro-lo-lo for the next battles

N
Nervios 26.01.23

Denis Kyokushin
Let's see :)

O
Okina 26.01.23

Palych Rokov
Freezes more than once every 10-15 minutes, much more often
The strangest thing is that they do not appear every time you start the PC, randomly (today I played Apex Legends for 3 hours, turned off the PC, started the game again in the evening, after 3-5 minutes of the game the freezes appeared , only restarting the computer helps
In Apex Legends, Warzone 2, Ghostrunner, friezes are not on every start, in Metro exodus on dx12, The Outer Worlds (as I understand it, there is terrible optimization, you can ignore it) I experience friezes much more often when turning the camera, moving around the map
In the Witcher 3 next gene, there were also problems, periodically there were drawdowns when riding a horse, and when you finish off the last of the enemies you fight
I also thought that the problems were in the operating memory, I took Kingston FURY Beast 16 GB (8 GB x 2 pcs.) DDR4 3200 MHz with timings 16-18-18-32 for the test, but the problem remained.
Tested in Aida 64 with AMD Radeon R9 Gamer Series [R9S416G3206U2K] 8gbx2 3200MHz; 16-18-18-39; Memory latency 65.4-68.5, maybe because of this friezes?

O
Okina 26.01.23

Denis Kyokushin
Unfortunately, not a bot.
I saw many such posts on various forums, but I did not find an effective solution to the problem.

O
Okina 26.01.23

Such peaks in AMD Adrenaline
Standard preset
Drop to 7MHz
Tried to limit the minimum and maximum frequencies, the problem remains

D
Denis Kyokushin 26.01.23

Okina
If not a bot, then you need RAM with timings 14-14-14-34
Do this test:

and post the result here. Let's see what latency you have

O
Okina 26.01.23

Denis Kyokushin Do you
need the full version, or is that enough?

P
Palych Rokov 26.01.23

Okina wrote:
I also thought that the problem was in the operating memory, I took Kingston FURY Beast 16 GB (8 GB x 2 pcs.) DDR4 3200 MHz with timings 16-18-18-32 for the test, but the problem remained.
16GB of memory is not enough, for a video card with a 16GB buffer you need at least 32GB of RAM to have it, another motherboard is some kind of miserable IMHO, you had to take the x570 chip for the latest ryzens, your percentage is normal. Maybe try switching to win 11, I didn’t even have this on the i7-5960x
Okina wrote:
In Apex Legends, Warzone 2, Ghostrunner, friezes are not on every start, in Metro exodus on dx12, The Outer Worlds (as I understand it, there is a terrible optimization, you can ignore it) much more often I experience friezes when turning the camera, moving around the map
The first two did not play,
Ghostrunner went quite comfortably, you should play in dx11, I noticed that in general dx12 in games on UE4 does not give boost with rare exceptions
Spoiler

Metro exodus on dx12 worked without problems
Spoiler
even an improved version was playable
Spoiler
The Outer Worlds also played, in principle it was comfortable, even though the frametime line wasn't perfect, I didn't feel any harsh
freezes
at
all. 16-18-18-39; Memory latency 65.4-68.5, maybe because of this friezes?
It is unlikely, I think the volume is not enough anymore and the memory is needed not for 3200, but maybe for 3600, try to drive it a bit. In general, it would be nice if you made a video with indicators of msi ab and hv info like mine with the output of the power consumption of the card, processor, etc. and put it on YouTube so that you can see where the problem is with you. I played 4k and it was normal, for AMD cards starting from the 5000 series, as soon as they are not fully loaded, the frequencies begin to drop and vice versa, in the maximum load mode, the boost goes to the maximum until it hits the power limit
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
If not a bot, then you need RAM with timings 14-14-14-34
Why all of a sudden? Just on the 5000th series of Ryazan, this problem was solved by a large cache and the influence of frequency and timings no longer matters as much as in previous series of processors

P
Palych Rokov 26.01.23

Okina wrote:
I tried to limit the minimum and maximum frequencies, the problem remains.
For some reason, your card eats 183 watts, in full load it should eat somewhere around 300 minimum, mine ate 325 watts, did you connect all the plugs to it? What resolution are you playing?

D
Denis Kyokushin 26.01.23

Okina
Can you shoot a vidos with all the indicators? Here's how I did it:

Palych Rokov
Take a screenshot of Aida64 with latency, and then you will understand why the timings are reduced

O
Okina 26.01.23

Palych Rokov
All plugs are connected, checked several times, full hd 240Hz monitor.

O
Okina 26.01.23

Palych Rokov
Denis Kyokushin
I will shoot today, thank you very much!
Will there be problems due to recording through Adrenaline, or is it better to use another program?

D
Denis Kyokushin 26.01.23

Okina
_

O
Okina 26.01.23

Denis Kyokushin
Palych Rokov
Hello!
Posted a video, in the description the time codes are
1920x1080; Maximum graphics settings; lock 240 fps
After recording, I raised the resolution to 4K, the video card was loaded at 98%, there were no friezes at all, the graph leveled off, so this is definitely not overheating?
At the end of the mission, the game crashed with an error due to lack of video memory and a suggestion to lower the graphics settings, or resolution, it was not possible to screen, the system hung.

P
Palych Rokov 26.01.23

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
Take a screenshot of Aida64 with latency, and then you will understand why timings to reduce
latency depend not only on timings, but also on the features of the processor memory controller, Aida data will show you numbers and no more, the impact of these numbers on processor performance and on TS problem is quite unknown. Your memory is 3200 and with low timings it gives a much higher latency than mine with lower frequency and higher timings

P
Palych Rokov 26.01.23

Okina wrote:
Will there be any problems due to recording through Adrenaline, or is it better to use another program?
only Adrenaline Relive

O
Okina 26.01.23

Denis Kyokushin
Palych Rokov
I also noticed a problem that when watching a video in fullscreen mode (for example, on YouTube), the video periodically slows down, and then starts loading, although the bar shows that it has already been loaded.
I'll try again to rearrange the driver through DDU.

P
Palych Rokov 26.01.23

Okina wrote:
After recording, I raised the resolution to 4K, the video card was loaded at 98%, there were no friezes at all, the graph leveled off, so it's definitely not overheating?
The 6900xt card is powerful, and so much so that in gostranner, I hope you set everything on ultra there, but it really gives out 240 frames and you can’t set more in the game, there seems to be a limit of 240, so you have it loaded by 40% and at the same time it’s strong frequency throttling. I don’t know how it didn’t burn out at 4k at all, or it throttled wildly, but at 1080p your consumption was around 230 watts and the temperatures were cosmic, I had the same temperatures with manual cooler settings at full load and a consumption of 325 watts, at 230 watts, my temperatures were around 45c along the edge and somewhere around 55-57c hot spot, I posted vidos above, I don’t know why your card is so hot, it seems that cooling systems are powerful on all 6900xt and the version from msi trio X is not the worst. Is the card new or did you take it after the miner?

P
Palych Rokov 26.01.23

Okina wrote: I
also noticed a problem that when watching a video in fullscreen mode (for example, on YouTube), the video periodically slows down, and then starts loading, although the bar shows that it has already been loaded.
it has nothing to do with vidya