3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
V8V8 09.05.23 08:33 am

Interesting opinion: will the game companies come back?

Lately, we often see various brands and companies leave: clothing, beverages, some food products, automobile manufacturers, we observe the restriction of payment methods. And if some financial points have been overplayed: rebranding, the parallel import of parts and materials, the transfer or sale of the company's management rights... Then the ability to "rent" a game on Steam, Origin, Ubisoft Connect, Battle.net is still impossible to fully replace. Using different platforms to buy (and actually rent) games is still possible, if we don't take into account regional and payment restrictions.
We understand that if there is no Denuvo, we can raise sails or exchange currency with neighboring countries, or with the push of a button to "fly" to Turkey. But certain companies left the country as part of political statements, not due to economic constraints.
Which companies were the most "high-profile" during the departure from Russia (including those that "temporarily suspended their activities")?
- CD Project RED
- Activision
- Techland
- Ubisoft
- Take-Two
- EA
- Sony
- Nintendo
I may have missed some companies. So, my question is: do you think these companies will come back to Russia, will they start selling their games again and when do you expect it? It's a "think" topic, but I'm really interested in opinions.

Nintendo
- Maybe there are some companies I missed.
21 Comments
Sort by:
b
bazilews 09.05.23

They never left the torrents...

z
z8TiREX8z 09.05.23

bazilews
But from the torrents can leave the Russian voice-over or localization.

B
Beirut 09.05.23

z8TiREX8z
what are you talking about?????
where to go?
translate a file with text in the auto-translation it takes 3 minutes (literally)
also there are communities like Zog and so on.
translate games not off, on all platforms (think about it - there are a lot of consoles even you never heard of)
For your information and general education in 90s and early 00s people in our country didn't know what a license was))) and played all the games in Russian (thanks to Fargus, Akkel, etc.)
Summer it seems that you're a child and don't understand how the world works?
Where there's nothing sacred!!!! Market of the Russian language means 300-400 million people (not only our country)
There the question should be asked whether to allow these companies to our market to earn money (here we have something to work on in terms of laws, etc.).

D
Denis Kyokushin 09.05.23

Beirut
They will. It's money for the treasury, too

r
requiemmm 09.05.23

They need our money more than we need our Styme scores and multiplayer with wussies. And yes, the stack of unplayed games has been growing for years. Even if the game becomes a job, it's physically impossible to look at this mountain, passing is out of the question.
Again, personally, I would not let them back. This is the clear enemy, who has shown his attitude for years from every newspaper, hurling insults and showing us always and everywhere as moral freaks and a bogeyman, which is defeated by brave Americans. And when you give the go-ahead, he rushed to bite those who have nothing to do and nothing to solve in the state. How can they be allowed back in, how can they be given money? Let them go and never come back.

d
dsxcvf 09.05.23

requiemmm
were you hacked? You're a major Russophobe, after destroer.

r
requiemmm 09.05.23

dsxcvf
I'm not a Russophobe, I don't like people in general as a biological species. It makes sense that I am not interested in the presence of all sorts of Polish ghouls in the media field around me, working off American money, I have enough Russian ghouls in my life.

A
Anderby 09.05.23

Mom's misanthrope, Dad's philanthropist.

M
MONAMAH 09.05.23

V8V8
Certainly they will come back, though, if there is still electricity on the planet next year.)

z
z8TiREX8z 09.05.23

mrKaktak
I will, don't worry about that.

M
MunchkiN 616 09.05.23

Some time will come back, most likely. When? It's not the time, but the winds of change that are important.

D
Denis Kyokushin 09.05.23

If you already have an unplayed game collection, you can not bother the next 3-5 years, depending on the time to play.In 3 months will be a year since I last bought the game, and this year has not passed anything.Personally, my game collection for 5-7 years is up to my ears.So can not go back.And buy through crutches do not plan on principle

G
GudWinGame GWG 09.05.23

The various pr-lyses of clothes, games, cars, etc. are dumped because of influence, not because of any beliefs. They don't benefit from it, which means... In short, include logic...

S
Salyarych 09.05.23

Many companies that you show the Russian flag to will start howling and throwing themselves headfirst, drooling in all directions... In general, those companies whose Russophobia has reached a critical point where the brain completely shuts down. Such companies will not return to our market. And to be honest, we are not waiting for them. The same crappy Project Red. Yes, the Witcher is undoubtedly awesome, and the other games - if not shit, then close to this word. But also with their attitude towards all Russians... Other companies that left under the oppression of their government, not by their own initiative, of course they will come back. Microsoft will come back. Ubisoft will come back. But their return will be hard. Now we will have talented newcomers from Korea or China. Who will need a farther edge 6 thousand rubles, when similar products from the Chinese will be sold in our country 6 times cheaper. In recent years, worthy games can be counted on the fingers of one hand. Games from which to rapture! All that they do now, it's either underdeveloped, or broken into hundreds of pieces, which then ask to dokupit. So we won't be left without games, but European and American game developers will suffer losses.

A
Age of Capybara III 09.05.23

Switzerland broke its neutrality for the first time in 200 years. Not even under Hitlerism. Do you think the companies will come back or not? Regarding torrents, who will sacrifice their hardware, which will only get more expensive in the long run? And the providers with their servers? And the connection speed without access to the normal hardware and software vendors, which over time will find holes and vulnerabilities? They say that in North Race, pardon me, Korea, Age of Empires II: The Conquerors is still holding its own at the top, and forbidden games are being streamed on SD cards. It's not even the '90s... Considering the intensity of competition in the West for consumers' money, any contact with Russia will be used with pleasure, in order to drown the competing company. So kids get used to your Sony PlayStations and start playing the dominoes of the future.

Spoiler

P
Protocol10 09.05.23

These offices are on the payroll of the state and politicians; as soon as the state gives the order to re-shine, they will re-shine

These offices are on the payroll of the state and politicians.

M
Max P 09.05.23

They will come back, if they still exist.))

z
z8TiREX8z 09.05.23

V8V8
The answer is definitely yes, but not before the end of what is forbidden to discuss on our forum. When the passions subside, people all over the world will be thinking of other things, the company will return.

o
odalov4 09.05.23

Will be back, but I think very soon, I think a year and a half will take time
But still ru gamers as far as I know not very valued by foreign developers, you can even judge by the voice of the games) even in Albanian voice, and the Russian x poured

A
Atazaker 09.05.23

Of course not. Why should they? They have a huge market without us, why do they need crumbs from Russia?