3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
V8V8 09.05.23 08:33 am

Interesting opinion: will the game companies come back?

Lately, we often see various brands and companies leave: clothing, beverages, some food products, automobile manufacturers, we observe the restriction of payment methods. And if some financial points have been overplayed: rebranding, the parallel import of parts and materials, the transfer or sale of the company's management rights... Then the ability to "rent" a game on Steam, Origin, Ubisoft Connect, Battle.net is still impossible to fully replace. Using different platforms to buy (and actually rent) games is still possible, if we don't take into account regional and payment restrictions.
We understand that if there is no Denuvo, we can raise sails or exchange currency with neighboring countries, or with the push of a button to "fly" to Turkey. But certain companies left the country as part of political statements, not due to economic constraints.
Which companies were the most "high-profile" during the departure from Russia (including those that "temporarily suspended their activities")?
- CD Project RED
- Activision
- Techland
- Ubisoft
- Take-Two
- EA
- Sony
- Nintendo
I may have missed some companies. So, my question is: do you think these companies will come back to Russia, will they start selling their games again and when do you expect it? It's a "think" topic, but I'm really interested in opinions.

Nintendo
- Maybe there are some companies I missed.
21 Comments
Sort by:
A
Anderby 09.05.23

While you're wondering:
I don't think anyone is going anywhere. In history, such restrictions often last for decades - North Korea, Cuba, and Venezuela have been under restrictions for over 50 years for far lesser crimes. Without drastic changes on the inside, nothing will change. Companies once came to a "civilized" G8 member country (1997-2014) with some squeaking, being shocked by local morals and laws. Money likes security and guarantees.
I transferred what accounts I could to Poland and the Netherlands, registered them again in the same country.