3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
serega1121 30.11.19 05:01 am

Impression of the game. (Call of Cthulhu)

Leave your feedback, opinions and thoughts on the game.
36 Comments
Sort by:
V
VLA2319 30.11.19

yeah not bad at all intrigued

H
Howard_Lovecraft 30.11.19

As a fan of Lovecraft I play very happy. All the disadvantages, in my opinion, fade into the background of the pros. Went through the game twice and going to get the third!

A
Anton Kashpirovskiy 30.11.19

Annoying that it is impossible to do more FOV, and it's motion blur

L
Leonn_24 30.11.19

Anton Kashpirovsky
%LOCALAPPDATA%\CallOfCthulhu\Saved\Config
Open Engine.ini.
Add the following at the end [/script/engine.localplayer] and AspectRatioAxisConstraint=120
Save Engine.ini and set it as Read-Only

in the same file to blur

[SystemSettings]
r.MotionBlurQuality=0

m
milan2704 30.11.19

the game is cool and almost everything in it is good, except for the endings, especially killing lies, when appears in the corner of the screen that this action affects the ending. Yes, most of such action has no effect. The ending is short and not disclosed, you expect that you will tell all, but after 30 seconds you're already in the menu...
upd: although today thought and possible action influence, the more correct action, the more likely good ending.

w
wellwantor 30.11.19

milan2704
I can not say the same kind of meter is, and mathematically calculated the level of mind and, accordingly, the possible endings

H
Hope_. 30.11.19

Liked the game, but the ending was disappointing and caused confusion. I have the feeling that it simply did not add, as was stuffy quests (for example with a lantern in the hospital) which further spoil the impression

p
pump_plus 30.11.19

Prohodnyak, tip - do not waste time, the game is not worth it. Want Lovecraftian atmosphere play Conarium, pre-re-reading the mountains of madness. Graphics, story, everything is present and is much cheaper than this trash.

R
Reverrius 30.11.19

Fresh Call of Cthulhu was one of the anticipated games of 2018. However, it was not clear what happens, developers from French Studio Cyanide, in the end, do they have enough skills for this project? [Bad] unfortunately, not enough.

To get started is just to appease the nostalgia for the iconic Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth new Call of Cthulhu – it is not a competitor. First, the atmosphere of the game is not as impregnated by the works of HP Lovecraft, Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. Hell, Yes, "Lovecraftian" atmosphere, she even Conarium'from last year's loses. Secondly, the game feels like a "green newbie" in the club of fans of Lovecraft, modest and shy.

However, at first, Call of Cthulhu sounds interesting, the first couple of hours exactly. The player in the role of private detective Edward Pier (of course, suffering from nightmares and a craving for strong alcohol!), arrives on island Darkwater to investigate the death of the artist named Sarah Hawkins. The mechanics of the game combines detective role-playing game, elements of adventure, a bit of stealth and conventional horror component. Curious in this whole formula is the RPG-part. After all, the "pimp" we have such skills as finding evidence, investigation, psychology, strength and conviction. Two more skill, medicine and the occult – sway by using the found special books/items. Moreover, the game immediately savitsa in a single save slot after every successful/unsuccessful skill check. By the way, this led to the fact that in the beginning my DS failed all possible skill checks and he had to be entangled with shady characters to achieve the goal.

Unfortunately, the interest in the events begins to fade in the first third of the game, when the player is catching on what was happening, but the surrounding locations are slowly starting to get depressing. And although the developers are trying to diversify the gameplay then hide from the guards of the local "mental hospital", then running from the monster, and even shooting at enemies, it all slides under Cthulhu tentacle for General budget execution. Boring and primitive stealth, tedious and not scary "horror" clumsy "shuting" slow and the same type of enemies with no signs of AI. Unfortunately, and role-playing potential, hope you feel at first – turns out to be too trapped within the game locations, and some are not the best plot solutions of the developers (when a player "carry" in the body of other characters).

But much could be forgiven Call of Cthulhu, if he had good atmosphere and interesting plot. Alas, the story is uneven – sometimes interesting, sometimes too predictable. By the way, the ending (the one I got) – I was disappointed with his innuendo.

Summary: unfortunately, mostly disappointing play on the Lovecraft.

5/10

r
raketoff 30.11.19

Highly anticipated, first became interested in the gallery, even the pallet of bricks shipped... But after the whole drive has gradually disappeared and it became boring. The game did not meet expectations, the second time to pass most likely will not.

6/10

PS: Pre-Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth - a masterpiece in my opinion. Lifted the bar for the atmosphere, pereprohodil her last spring, even a 4x3 monitor specifically for this mine had (Yes, dull). Maybe even so the fresh Call of Cthulhu I went - compare it with your favorite game of 2006.

l
lordkaho 30.11.19

Passed. The beginning is interesting, the end becomes bored. Why does all the pumping does not clear well, pump power can you squeeze through the hatch, as it will have the strength to open it, pump anything else out there will be able to go through bootleggers threatening them found the bottle, pump the third will поlговорить local drunks to distract the bootleggers, not pump anything can come to kat and tearfully asked her to let you. Yes, of course a lot of fun, for example Fitzroy which tells you about the photo of the father, though in fact in the photo he just before him a new leg sewn. But have 7-8 Chapter to dig up all these little things becomes boring. Stealth is generally killed on the spot, especially in the nuthouse. Well, the ending, I still did 3, for 4 it is necessary to beat and that's not something I want. All the endings are about anything. Can be stupid static picture to hang and everything. Overall - disappointed.

s
slawok76 30.11.19

Cthulhu never happened... a Complete failure...

S
Steve Taller 30.11.19

another curve working with УЕ4 and lack of proper implementation of mnogovato, but the lack of Russian voice acting is of course very bad

A
Anderby 28.02.21

Passed on NS.

The atmosphere is there - a simple investigation and a dull island smoothly flow into cults, murders and a form of insanity with no points of contact with reality. It is interesting to be directly engaged in the work of a detective and to explore locations, but riddles are often not interesting. There is a character leveling influencing all sorts of plot details, stealth and even a five-minute shooter episode. I did not notice much influence of the parameters - well, he will not be able to cut the path a couple of times if the investigation skill is low, well, one or two remarks for the whole game are blocked. I pumped the power to the maximum, but it never came in handy. The plot to the Call of Cthulhu has almost nothing to do, here again a hodgepodge of Lovecraft horrors. The narrative accelerates well, the characters appear and unfold, but everything ends somehow quickly, faded and tasteless. The situation is aggravated by the almost complete absence of a soundtrack and cutscenes a la Skyrim (the characters even have their mouths open inappropriately to the voice acting). For the Nintendo Switch, the game looks very cheerful (in TV mode), I was directly surprised, not like all the Panic Button ports.
Another controversial Call of Cthulhu, and if Dark Corners of the Earth was more likely with a plus sign, then Call of Cthulhu 2018 was definitely with a minus sign.
Spoiler

K
Kay Ovald 28.02.21

Trying to make your own Dark Corners of the Earth. And here it is impossible to say that it did not work out, but that it did not work out either.
The gameplay is a first-person adventure, with the search for all kinds of books and notes (there are secret ones), conversations and even investigations in some places. Occasionally and unfortunately the action is interspersed with stealth. Suddenly there are skills and their tests in dialogues or when examining objects. It is curious, but in general, it rather interferes with learning everything than it helps, because you cannot pump everything at once. You can go without them at all, but this is not the munchkin path. An excellent magazine that is fun to read.
It can be seen that a very cheap game, but with a low budget, it is still clear that they tried. It did not always work out, especially externally, about animation and all that I generally keep quiet. Nice in places, but in general, the views of nature are depressing. But inside the buildings it is better, although it is still cheap. Music is not particularly noticed. But the atmosphere of the next forgotten by everyone (except for the Sleeping, unfortunately for the locals) fishing town was quite successful, especially in the first half of the game.
Okay, although the appearance is important, the story still dominates the quests. It's difficult here. In general (unlike, for example, Conarium, another game parasitizing on the work of Lovecraft) in the new Call of Cthulhu it really turned out to plunge into the world of Myths with a new pretty good story. There is even variation. But the implementation is mostly lame, especially in the second half, where even the levels are beginning to openly repeat themselves. The first half is good, the second is not very good, the ending ... There are four of them, and somehow I didn't even want to watch everything, although it is possible, the save will be almost straight before the choice. But there is an ending with the ability to still awaken HIM and this is an epic ... one shot. But epic.
In general, if all aspects had been worked out better, it would have turned out really well. And so ... the story is generally good, but take it only at a strong discount and only if there are no other good atmospheric adventures left.
6.5 / 10

R
RedVakzal 05.05.22

I plunged into madness for about 8 hours and got 2 endings (and there are 4 in total, but it depends on the passage).

PROS
Atmosphere.
There is an atmosphere in this game and it is good in itself, there you are and forgotten by God (except for one squid, of course), caves, a mansion, hospitals and a couple of three locations that look different at different times and lighting, but with the addition The OST listens and sees all this ... in Lovecraftian style.

Plot
This is just such a typical Lovecraftian concept that was created on all elephants:
GG - detective / detective - CHECK
Small town where everything happens -
CHECK Satanist cultists - CHECK
Dreams, visions - CHECK.
The main character (hereinafter simply Pierce) is an old warrior who already received a mental injury without it, and he also doesn’t want to accept simple work contracts, supposedly to save the cat, to find out who cheats on whom, this is not enough for him, and therefore Pierce wants something interesting , and then the grandfather tumbles in, who says they say "my daughter is not crazy, please help me out, otherwise she will ruin the whole image." Well, on this note, he goes on the ONLY ship to the island. The town immediately meets with some strangeness in the form of a dead shark, but this does not tell us anything and you can walk around the island, looking at the taciturn NPCs and green fog.
And in the course of the plot, all sorts of devilry begins to appear, which casts doubt on the reasonable thinking of Pierce, which is why the mind is lost, one of the mechanics of the game. You kind of try to understand the essence of the game and the plot, but in the end it's hard to understand what was true and what was not. And the endings of the game are not distributed at all into good / bad, they rather come down to the lesser evil.

CONS
Graphics
Naturally, this is the one, I would not find fault with it if it came out somewhere in 2010, but it was 2018 in the yard and the game was created on UE4, which, as it were, casts doubt on the skills of the developers. It looks especially bad in the moments of animation of movements, it’s good that the sijiai doesn’t look so sad.

Features

Deconstruct points
- Let's add some RPG elements?
- What for?
- Well .. plus one more genre in the description.
That's the whole description, from what you decide to download, but such types as "Strength" will be needed only once per game and the points spent on this are forgotten.

Level designs are built very well, now we are all stealth level, on the next level we just chat and find out some facts, and on the third we already catch a trip and play not for Pierce, but for his girlfriend. Because of what the game does not become the same type and does not cease to tire.

But the music is frustrating.
Not specifically its sound, but its quantity, it is good, just not enough of it.

8.5 Dried squid out of 10.