3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
fatallezzz 15.12.19 11:42 am

GTX 1080Ti strong whistling Drosera

Hello, dear friends!
Please help with advice.
A video card Gygabyte GeForce GTX 1080ti, bought 3 days ago, along with the entire Assembly. Is paired with a i7-7700k, 16 gb ram, 250 gb ssd, 1tb hdd. power supply - Corsair RM750 watts.

Freewheeling system and began to test the games, with the result that faced with a rather unpleasant problem - very strong whistle of chokes video cards.

Googling realized that the problem is quite common and in most cases significantly reduce the noise helps enable the games vertical sync, but I have already included (60 FPS lock)! If it is disabled, the sound is magnified (because of the increased to the space limits FPS).

And this is manifested in different games are completely different, for example AC Unity is almost always whistling, Far Cry 4 whistles only at a glance far fallout 4 is almost not reduced to bring GTA 5 whistles always, Middle Earth - Shadow of Mordor doesn't whistle at all. Settings everywhere the maximum, including antialiasing, the FPS never falls below 60, the download of video at a maximum of 75% (in unity, in others not above 60-65) temperature is not above 55 degrees.

How to deal with it? Plan to carry the card to the store (it's only been 3 days since purchase, will be changed with no problems, but I'm afraid that other cards will whistle). It seems that the problem is really software, as it is tied to vertical sync, etc.

The monitor is 1920x1080, 60 Hz, connection via DVI-D. the Sound is really very strong. I'm not one of those who is bothered by the noise of the computer, but the beeping is very high. When he stops, I feel like the ear resting, as if the ultrasound heard.
70 Comments
Sort by:
A
AndSmart 15.12.19

fatallezzz
Same problem man, only the card Gygabyte 1070, the first days much disturbed, after a year stopped noticing. Heard that depends on the quality of the power supply and to the network filter(which is extension) avoid unnecessary connected devices, vacuum cleaners and lamps and other things - only a PC. And most maps in the series 10x0 whistle, someone more someone less.

R
Rekombo27 15.12.19

fatallezzz
I have a gtx 1080 ti and ino3d nor any noise there is, even at 100% load of the cooler can not hear anything, maybe just got married, so feel free to bring and exchange.

f
fatallezzz 15.12.19

AndSmart wrote:
the first few days much disturbed, after a year stopped noticing. Heard that depends on the quality of the power supply and to the network filter(which is extension) avoid unnecessary connected devices, vacuum cleaners and lamps and other things - only a PC.
Stopped noticing because I was used to, or whistling passed?
The power supply did not seem cheap, 80-m gold, power took a stock (system consumes 491 Wat BP 750), and corsairs, no one complained.
Power strip plugged a computer monitor to it, the printer and speakers.

i
insel260 15.12.19

fatallezzz
Have a GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC from Gigabyte, everything works fine, no whistle.
But for 1080, as I understand this is a common problem.
Carry it back to the store, change the map, just ask, when to change, what would it on the spot was tested in the same bench for example.

PS Look here on the forum was already such a topic with 1080 ti. There's the same thing he had. Find the subject and see if there already found the answer.
P. P. S. the Theme was created somewhere in March - may.

A
AndSmart 15.12.19

fatallezzz
The whistle is not lost, removed the computer from the table on the floor and play a game normally with sound, especially in headphones and don't notice the noise, if it does not get hung up. But if you have the option to change, maybe try another manufacturer to take, and if there is will, it remains to score.

B
Batareikin 15.12.19

most likely it is the capacitors have dried out,replace will help you with epoxy resin to cover(chokes) noise is significantly decreased,this method is repeatedly rescued

f
fatallezzz 15.12.19

Batareikin
About the epoxy is very aware of that, but to be honest as you do not want in 3 days after purchase in the payment for 60 oblique poking around in izmazani glue zubachistca. Of course more based on that then there may be problems with the warranty (which is not a little bit, as much as 3 years)

Soil is already felt in our city not so much GTX 1080Ti, and specifically, at the moment there is only 1 thing, the others have to wait (8-10 days). And this one thing exactly the same as I have now. So today I will go and ask to replace me for the same reason, whistle Broseley. (Though of course have been reading that this is not a warranty case and is considered quite a norm, but if you want to prove that this is not the norm call the Commission which will measure your disabili Broseley. In short great stuff. I hope the seller will agree and will not give up in exchange for a similar product. Tembolee that the equipment is in order, I even nakleechka the system unit has not yet had time to stick)

And by the way, just now while writing this a thought - but the packaging of the card was not in the film, she was just sealed with the factory paper, even when I collected the system unit notice, but then I was reassured the presence of the seal on the inner box. Now I suspect that maybe this map already was someone, and was returned for the same reason, and was then sold to me.

f
fatallezzz 15.12.19

insel260 wrote:
Have a GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC from Gigabyte, everything works fine, no whistle.
The same? Here's mine.
Spoiler

G
GG4 15.12.19

fatallezzz
A common situation, it just used before for mining and then returned (perhaps even someone from sellers). Fresh cards any whistles never. Do not be surprised if she was there alone in the sale.

f
fatallezzz 15.12.19

GG4
You know, all the same, looked the photos from the day of purchase, box still covered in plastic (the Mat Board was not covered), so that may have grosely Sizzling still from the factory. Well, CSN has learned to packing box foil)

See that shiny box from the film
Spoiler

S
Sonic268 15.12.19

fatallezzz
the money you give,it's not pennies,so I would advise you to take it back for the money she needs to work quietly to change until 15 days have passed from the date of purchase,or take the money

R
Rottan 15.12.19

AndSmart wrote:
Heard that depends on the quality of the power supply
I also, at the time was podsmatrivala. There were two 8800. The problem was the power supply, because then neither the 580 or 690 not whistled. Or maybe the card itself is 1080 Ti with paccom.
I also suggest, as Sonic268 to change the map. Well, we'll see what whistles.

f
fatallezzz 15.12.19

Alright guys, happy end will not.
Came into the store, the consultants immediately sent me to the Manager. That, in turn, said that the fault is clearly necessary to diagnose forwarded me to the service.
The service, according to the law of the genre, on the acceptance of typical sitting doll, which the soul does not soar human misery, and which knows only the phrase to be diagnosed. Under to be diagnosed, it is decoded the procedure for 2-3 days which will be set after conclusion of the fault. In my pretext so you have the same test bench right here, let's check, explained that no test benches here and there on the diagnosis card will be sent to another city (450 km). In my ensuing question what 2-3 days you tell me? calmly replied maximum according to the law 20 days. In the end, the dialogue did not lead to anything except I told you it is necessary to diagnose, I picked up the check and left.
Returned to the Manager in the hope of a normal constructive dialogue basically on the argument: damn, guys, I'm 150K paid in order for 20 days to wait. He in turn spoke to the consultant who subsequently joined the dialogue with the argument that the squeak of chokes is not covered by warranty (in turn, I knew it originally, and therefore refused service, because I am sure that they would have kept the card for 20 days and then rolled out what the noise was in the normal range). He said to them, say boys, and why you got me through the *** threw sending to the service, obviously if they knew it they threw me through *** again? on the guys as real men shrugged, and offered only their opinion argument: we just need to verify the cards to when she went to the next buyer she was working. Suddenly you her nails scored and it will take you another will give, and there look for ends meet. Knowing that there is logic in this, and also knowing that I'm not ready for the empty promise of we will change to wait 20 days, offered the guys a simple option - I will bring your system unit and together we will look - card works or not. Of course, this situation confused them and achieve no we need the expert opinion of the service is killing me completely.

In General, the whistle of chokes is just a whistle, it doesn't harm the video card and sound card work perfectly happily ever after. Such a happy card is mine, and the problem - it is only in my head, where I hear it. I know perfectly well that the whistle Drosera do is not covered by warranty, and if it is still for some reason will be dead, I think in the next 3-year warranty for sure (if I don't renew it in principle).

So I decided to score, and with these people no promises and expectations to each other not to give, that me again in *** not moved in 20 days. Let works as is, get used to how AndSmart and will enjoy top performance, because it is no problem.

Thank you all for the help, I did not expect from the forum of the Playground such responsiveness!

Spoilery and I wish all these computers. Only normal roselani) Each player should feel the full force of the performance, and play as intended by the developers. It is a pity that it is not available to all
Spoiler

U
Ubrella 15.12.19

Well, I'm 4 years with a whistled graphics card sit and all is well. Even focusing on noise Drosera can not say how much percent loaded)

A
AndSmart 15.12.19

fatallezzz
Right, don't worry, the main thing a great game and a lot of fps when the game drags, no whistle will not detract.

s
saa0891 15.12.19

fatallezzz wrote:
the squeak of chokes is not covered by warranty
All right (it's like the dead pixels on Monica,if once in the store, didn't check that then change is very difficult,although again depends on the particular store,me and Monique changed and even laptop),it's just unlucky for you.

S
Sonic268 15.12.19

fatallezzz
in vain,in vain you gave up the money and gave Smer graphics card 3 days as you say,you had just to return the money or change,within 15 days, they do not have the right to turn up his nose,they were obliged to hear from you and swap the card to return the money,sorry for that amount of money buying components and there is already a strong whistle grasela,it's definitely not good,I'm sorry but I don't understand you and people who spend that kind of money and waving his hand,well, it certainly is your right,your money,up to you,good luck

R
Rekombo27 15.12.19

fatallezzz
So I read what you wrote, and can't understand what's stopping you to take your build and get the money back.When I bought Kay a gtx 780 and with it I have a computer joined 2 minutes, although the card itself in games worked well, I returned to Kay and exchanged for another gtx 780 because it did not suit me, the second card was the same story and I just returned the money and went to another store and bought the same card, and lo and behold it worked normal.I 05.09.2017 bought in DNS this map https://technopoint.ru/product/54a7eb7a5ba43330/videokarta-inno3d-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-ichill-x3-ultra-c108t3-1sdn-q6mnx-sale/ and I have great works and chokes don't make any noise. You had a defective product, even if it is not strong and it does not suit you, if the store does not want to solve your problem just come and like someone wrote above the pass and get the money back and go to another store.

f
fatallezzz 15.12.19

Sonic268 wrote:
3 days as you say,you had just to return the money or change,within 15 days, they do not have the right to turn up his nose,they were obliged to hear from you and change the map
The fact of the problem is that our stupid law, they are absolutely right and have every right to send me completely.
Video card is technically complex device", and devices such wording in the rule 14 days does not apply. I do not know what this rule applies in addition to the clothes and other stuff, because all that requires banal electricity is from a technically sophisticated device. For a long time and a lot of reading on this subject, to make a really fucking impossible if there is no defect. And there is no defect, cause in the world - the noise of the chokes is considered excessive if it exceed 36 decibel. And this is a 200 millimetrovie cooler at 5000 rpm! Have grosely so no noise. The manufacturers themselves sending people off and saying that this noise is normal. Here you have in the yard is a transformer box? She hums? Buzzing. Nobody decolourised to the transformer box that it hums. It is powerful and it is buzzing. Say the same producers because the powerful buzzing - bought a nuclear reactor, so what do you want from him?

Therefore, the law in this case completely on the side of the seller because of malfunction no. sound within the norm established by the manufacturer, and any service can safely make an extract that everything is working properly, so the fight is just a way to spend more time and nerves.

Now, if it is over 3 years will fail because of this noise. the conversation for another go. And at the moment, from the point of view of our legislation is as silly as to complain about the noise of the vacuum cleaner. Yes, it is wrong, from a human point of view - but people among people is low.

C
CRASHBULLET 15.12.19

If strongly hinders, get deal, if you want to solve the problem, pour them with hot.