3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Toshkin 19.12.19 06:20 am

Impressions of the game (Phoenix Point)

Uh... we decided again to sell alpha X-com and for the same price???
I'm sorry, but in addition to the targeted damage this YR there is something, what KHS does not exceed this order of magnitude?
Requested a refund after half an hour of the game.
60 Comments
Sort by:
J
Just-Name 19.12.19

I also expected more,the game may not be bad,but it is clear that compared to XCOM 2 here's a budget game at times less, it probably played a key role in my perception of the game,as how are the characters and their kostyumizatsiey was not even close with the same x-com. And the enemies, too, in their appearance and diversity does not cause surprise, if the x was clearly worked out a variety of enemies,which sometimes is not freely stare when you meet them for the first,but what to say, I even after opening on the basis of listening to the history of each alien creatures,here some beetles were caught,which do not generally cause any interest. The interface management database is also there and looks ugly. In General, for fans of the genre this game I think will be interesting one,but for fans it x-com who expect the same quality from a game,the game I think will be not a big disappointment.

n
nahabin 19.12.19

Phoenix pass will include X SOM-2.There is so much new...has not played this Year,but not removed.

f
falluot 19.12.19

Played for an hour. Just a couple of days ago playing xcom-2. Immediately catches the eye is that the game is made in unity, and clearly low budget, Yes, and unity is not ecstasy, all the same game engine for mobile platforms, not PC. The gameplay is significantly worse than XCOM, but there are cool chips, but then again, even the transition in the aiming mode causes a small shock, if it was implemented on the same type of VATS from fallout 1 or 2 would be better. The interface seemed to me not very friendly. Yet the desire to play is not like XCOM 1 or 2 which just could not tear myself away, but then again maybe fresh memories of XCOM and prevent addicted to the game, try to play later.

S
Staryy Pohmelnik 19.12.19

The game even at release is very, very raw. That, I think I overdone it with the aiming system and hit. Works in a strange way, sometimes even with a high percentage of hit misses, but the enemy, of course tumbled into the right, Your gunner misses from 10 meters at the enemy-norm, but it arrives to be healthy. 100% of the cover easily break enemies, but apparently not at full damage. Animation sometimes causes a cry. Damn, I well, looked to be the second part X-com, just enough 3,14 cereal thing, hiding behind your idea? No animation base, animation or even lift the Shuttle during the evacuation-no, was too lazy to draw? The plot was intriguing at first, but the poisoning of the planet from the ocean, etc., but how did the Corporation immediately disappointed. Well, why should I cut into the balance of alliances and their theories, to suck up to him, for not yet clear of prospects, instead of tumble crustaceans on most do not play, developing your guns and gear? (In the end, as it turned out-better to be friends with only one Corporation). Training as such is in fact minimal. If in the same x at the beginning of the game, just hand drove that attack, he knows that, that's heavy, he knows something, here is a base build that in Phoenix once gave a random Assembly of soldiers, even explaining what was happening. The graph in excome also better.
PS I Read that the game has a small team and not a big budget, I guess it should cover all the disadvantages. I don't know the product, asking 900 Rubas wishing to join, highly recommend reading the comments below, like Navigare,very much written in fact true. On the other hand, after x-2 and its mods, I have not seen anything like that so someone will go all the same, I think.

K
Kindjallah 19.12.19

Damn, the game developed a low-budget indie Studio (like under the leadership Gollop), the result is more than obvious. For the independent developer did a good job.

I
Ivan Urgant 19.12.19

Graphics, gameplay, economy, development are all at the level of xcom enemy unknown.
Those who do not understand the system of sighting stupid can't in logic.
Enemies are too quick evolyutsioniruet. The trick with factions too complicated.
Lack of types of missions under the icons issue. Level editor sucks. Cave inkubator generally always the same.

N
Navigor506 19.12.19

For a start - a really cheap XCOM clone. It feels right in all aspects of the game. But that's not the main problem of the game. How many cheap games eventually became hits?

1 - There are some invented by the authors own pieces of the game, but... In fact, nothing disrupting the tower or just the new. All this you saw the same XCOM and other similar games. And Yes, sometimes those original ideas are not working and are implemented through the stump deck.

2 - I'm glad they wanted to make interesting tactical (world) map. In the same XCOM 2 I was glad these flights in different regions, the choice of what to do now, etc. It was a real step forward compared to the first part where you stupidly sipali time. But then it's boring. 80% of so-called points of interest, this is another one of the factions. There are a couple of situations with a collection of resources and ambushes. ALL. But such potential...

3 - turn-based battles is pain. In the first place because of cards and shooting system. Fucking maze through which one has to go to become one the very point where finally you can shoot at the enemy. But if on the map there are buildings with several floors... It's dreary hell that stretches each such mission to the obscene. Snipers are IMBA, capable of any distance to strike at the enemy with solid damage and minimal variation. Stormtroopers are good for firing. But other classes directly into the furnace. Soldiers with heavy weapons initially move like turtles, wild and scatter every time you hit it's an event. Technology with their turrets, fighters melee, they are all going in the furnace for the weak and against the local monsters useless.

4 - the difficulty Balance in the ass. By choosing the easy level you are already at the first hour of the game, when you still only the first six of the soldiers and did not really made and not pumped in, you can easily get to the mission when you have to confront, for example, the monster of artillerist. Seriously, he's literally one shot made my ENTIRE team crippled who have left 20-40 HP, continuous bleeding and almost no one whole limb.

5 - Remember those mandatory missions from XCOM, when you have to choose one mission from three or another attack on the refuge of rebels? Stretched time and gradually tired, huh? Here it is erected in the absolute. Shelter factions quickly begin attacking monsters, and massively. You can not only go if asylum protection level more than the level of the attack, otherwise go to save local or the scale of destruction to increase, and you will have less places for trade and recruitment of fighters. And then the war begins between the factions and you zadalbyvat messages every five-ten seconds promote time.

6 - Podobnosti games in principle. Recruits to score only in certain cities - only piece and of course the character class to choose. Why, when you hire, you high see the icon next to the name of the character and you don't know what specific class, what abilities, gear... Manufacturing the same - only to arrive to a specific city where there's trade and there to exchange just what this city wants to exchange. To fly immediately to the desired point in the right continent, it is impossible - it is necessary to pave a path of points of interest (just find, don't even need to scout them) and follow the bread crumbs to go in one specific place. All wildly uncomfortable and is it any wonder that in the end are ignored on all continents other than where your first base is? You still do not manage to see, and places to plot get for months because of this system. And so in everything.

7 - Diplomacy and faction. Starting the game you think the authors give an interesting system where you can maneuver between factions and even if strongly to try to establish a relationship if not all, then at least two out of three. Dick there. The necessary equipment, technology and so on, that will finally allow you to develop your organization and speak out against the more serious enemies hidden behind the second level of sympathy fractions (50-74). To reach it one faction is elementary if the score on the other two. If you try to tack - don't waste your time, get nothing and find yourself in the ass. So it all comes down to the fact that from the first minute of the game you must choose one faction and go the entire game with her. For all the same at some point, they will start a war with each other. Yes, the faction bullshit - trivial defenders of the human race, banal supporters of symbiosis with protovirus and... anarchists who raise the question how do these assholes survived at all?.

8 is a Broken development of the Phoenix. Here's how XCOM all done - you initially bare ass fighting easy opponents gradually pumped characters, thanks to research get cool guns and armor, stroyut new premises in the database, and then to psi-abilities get. And opponents, by the way, as gradually pumped, new types, etc. Here everything is put on odno place. You initially fully equipped base and even finding other abandoned base they will be partly built up. The team is completed, except that not pumped. Research stupid and give nothing, except that sometimes additional resources, and as much as 5% more damage, that Il any enemy. And only after several hours of play you get a whole one new building is a fucking prison, where he needs to catch a live alien. The fact that in the same XCOM happens in the first couple of hours, then shoved God knows where, and sold mega ugly, without explaining anything.

In short, this is the second Shenmue 3. The father of the series makes new game and in the end, despite the huge fees to kickstarter and the money from the publishers and the same EGS out hack ,which looks terrible, even ten years ago and which have to FORCE yourself to play. In the furnace.

s
smallhell 19.12.19

Imho the Creator of the original X-Com took to make Phoenix point after the release of the new Xcom and Xcom2, just because he didn't like it.
So this game is primarily for those who love X-Com and not like Xcom.

S
Sergjiei 19.12.19

smallhell
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/XCOM:_Enemy_Within in addition, this project was approved by the Creator of the game series X-COM Julian Golopom. The XCOM series has always been very popular, and now it's at a new peak of popularity. You want to work on a new part of this franchise?
No, I think I'm finished with X-COM. I tried many times over many years to work to get a remake, but Firaxis finally did it (we are talking about the game XCOM: Enemy Unknown, received an improved re-release of XCOM: Enemy Within). In addition, there is a promising and more faithful remake "Xenonauts". So were unhappy that approved? And so sorry Gollop, even its success was not able to repeat.

s
smallhell 19.12.19

Sergjiei
And could he not approve? If it did ask for something would become, if not.
And xinomavro it is not casual mentioned. That's really who through indie this xenorate. They do a tracing from the old X-Com. Xenorate - good game, but the gameplay they have straight from to 2000s years. The game is great.
In the end gallop literally put an indie game with this big-budget Xcom in a row games for everybody.
However the most important thing is to judge not by words but by deeds. And these are the things that Gollop considered the relevant exit your game after the Xcom's (and xinomavro).

Well lichno I think that Xcom can like a good game, but that's Xcom2 sucks and underlines the flawed side as their own and the first game.

S
Sergjiei 19.12.19

smallhell wrote:
And could he not approve? If it did ask for something would become, if not.
Had to say something or to say - did not like, and so the word is not a Sparrow, fly — not catch.
smallhell wrote:
However the most important thing is to judge not by words but by deeds. And these are the things that Gollop considered the relevant exit your game after the Xcom's (and xinomavro).
Grandpa needs money, that's all.
smallhell wrote:
Xcom looks like a good game
It is good, what is actually your icon and confirmed.

N
Negih 19.12.19

Yes, the same kind Hkom, only without the beautiful animations...
The only thing that is annoying is NOT the reasonableness of the management and interactive points, namely:
1) Who invented the scrolling height of the buildings on the mouse WHEEL? And can not be changed!
2) Why do the opponents not showing HP, when they're just standing models? NOT while aiming, but when you just stand.
3) If I choose fighter, then HE inspected the map, and then want to center the map on that fighter, then... NO, not a second time click on its icon (then open it). you have to choose another person and again the first. Stupid, stupid, not well thought out.
4) I during the battle look much better stand up to attack (shown by the line the possibility of shooting at the enemy). Choose a place, click once and the button appears to Move, BUT! I think I want to Klek higher up and thus point the mouse there to SEE the falls from there at the enemy or not... and THERE is this blue line, because hangs this option, while burning is to Move. What do I do? YEAH, I just click once on the cell above (in the hope that just reset it Peremestitjsya) and I'll look at the possibility of getting. BUT NO! Instead, the new cell appears is move and NOT SHOWN a LIKELIHOOD of >_<.
The only way is to press escape, but this is STUPID! This extra movement.
5) the lives of YOUR soldiers are NOT displayed on the icons on the bottom left! HOW? AS Carl? Show me who was responsible for interactivity in this game?
6) the same applies when flying on a plane, not shown HP fighters, it is necessary to go into a separate menu.
7) When leveling the skills is NOT WRITTEN that and how many takes its use (strength of will, or of movement points). Or pumping power, will power - that gives how many adds - only the developer knows. To fire whoever did not finish.
8) What's the point of hiding places (50%, 100%), if target shooting is does not make sense?

The game seems the same Hkom, played and felt the same way but the render some aspects of the game - freeze.

And Yes, why research FREE!

K
Kokoprime1991 19.12.19

I can't believe the game is from the creators of X-com... If the grass ran out, or ideas for... well, damn the videos and screenshots it's stupid X-com, but the minimum salary that I would not be surprised if this game was the starting concept of the X-coma... in short - GARBAGE -_-

n
nahabin 19.12.19

On the cartoon landing is clearly visible surging engines ( claps,black smoke).Upon landing it threatens to collapse (sudden power loss).

P
Polololon 19.12.19

I wasn't expecting that. Sighting system curve as the bull's horn. Although amusing. Volchak the enemy multiple reduces the usefulness overwatch. And stealth immediately under the question. Sort of like gear made for show. All small and identical. The event log. Either I'm blind, or it really is not. What to watch global mutation only in battle? Thank you, very convenient. The whole hardcore is, in fact, that nothing is explained. And of course there is randomness. Lucky to find a faction and make some jobs a reputation - good. Rescued a dozen of resources is turnip - I'm sorry, sasai with their pukalkami. Wait until grenades, fire, and acid throwing.

m
mefiro 19.12.19

Launched on the last difficulty, the game is like, a flock of whiners (I can understand if they were school, he played the old x-com), but if the whining already adults, it is clearly of great intelligence. Minus one, it is sometimes too easy, but harder x-com from Firaxis that only pleases.

Interesting tactic: no graphics, but harder and sometimes more interesting. Sighting system and the shelter works shelter well help with small queues, a large fire demolished the enemies with a cover, finally. You can shoot the aliens without visibility through the shelter just aim at the right wall, cool, then in x-com 2 can't play...
Atmosphere: more like a series of UFO (first 2 games, the biomass as the fog fraction as fraction) as a whole to explore the world interesting, but not sure about replay value, on the other hand Addons and select the favorite from other factions should help with this.

Combat: when a proper set too easy, the weapons are interesting, but not enough, melee in General is very boring implemented. Not enough budget to make the individual soldiers, wounds are treated quickly, which greatly simplifies the game. The restriction in cartridges adds flavor, but in General, ammunition is enough.

For who: lovers of tactics, nostalgia for the old x-com or ufo series. I do not recommend, as some of the reviews, people with problematic mental powers, and fans of science fiction.

S
Sergjiei 19.12.19

mefiro wrote:
Launched on the last difficulty, the game is like, a flock of whiners (I can understand if they were school, he played the old x-com),
I played the old games, and ufo extraterrestrials drove, and she went more than this facial joints.
mefiro wrote:
For who: lovers of tactics, nostalgia for the old x-com or ufo series.
So that's roughly made a clone of X-Com from Firaxis Games the only difference the ability to aim yourself, but the activation mode needs to be as much as 2 mouse clicks. Why not make one? Why not attack the enemy without going to third person as it was in the old turn-based strategy? Why download levels inadequate to output graphics? Why are system requirements so high? Although the picture is worse than in x-com 2 point System action is also almost a carbon copy of the desired firaxis where normal od like the old parts? Let's say there are 40 od step is 5 ml shot with a pestle 8, where the reversal of the fighter to watch where I want. As well as the interception of the actions of enemies like in silent storm, jagged alliance 2. Where normal roleplaying fighter with parameters? Not this Korean random, when soldier give random perks at start of the game. Why for example when you manually fire a shot, there are times when I can't see the enemy, if we are to make the car shot Persian falls because he does not interfere. Where's the button to fire fighter?

s
smallhell 19.12.19

Sergjiei wrote:
Why not attack the enemy without going to third person as it was in the old step-by-step strategies
And in the new Xcom you chtol? Here are Firaxis ask.

Sergjiei wrote:
The system of action points is also almost a carbon copy of the desired firaxis where normal od like the old parts?
You're probably in the old part did not play, because there is just the whole shooting was also in % of OD, no one could not shoot more than three times a turn per turn because the shot queue was about 30%. (however there was an exception, your fans of the old X-com know about him, do you know?)

S
Sergjiei 19.12.19

smallhell wrote:
And in the new Xcom you chtol? Here are Firaxis ask.
Yes you can disable both third-person and kinemotografichny murder. x-com 2012

smallhell wrote:
You're probably in the old part did not play, because there is just the whole shooting was also in % of OD, no one could not shoot more than three times a turn per turn because the shot queue was about 30%.
Yes, there I'm wrong, but in fairness, I will say. there are different shooting modes, vskidku, precisely, which spend a different amount of od in the attack

H
Hidan20 19.12.19

The more you play the more you notice how everything is bad.