3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
danene 02.01.20 08:34 pm

Fullscreen in games in Windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10 I noticed that have a bad run game in full screen mode, the so-called microryza, in windowed mode, or the mode of the window to full screen" everything works fine, frame rate is stable and smooth, but there slowing down when loading a level or location, which is not in full screen mode, I think this is due to the fact that in windowed mode the priority of the application falls. Play constantly enabled v-sync, but the problem is not the vertical sync, even with a 110-90 fps game in full screen mode looks jerky and unpleasant to play, which is not observed in windowed mode, but there is a problem with low priority applications.

Maybe someone has faced and solved the problem?
50 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pixelscat 02.01.20

Well, try to put a high priority on the application or use of RAZER CORTEX: BOOST might help.
P. S what's this game has ever seen ?

v
v1806v 02.01.20

Play is not only not nice but also dangerous to health such friezes . You could easily epiperipatus to . The brain does not like sudden flickering and twitching visual . After a dozen updates delivers the hassle . Had to completely reinstall and ban updated until it is finished . Many crooked refreshed and assigns this bug Microsoft. My opinion . Please, treat with understanding . Your neighbor aunt Claudia .(by the way you have is not so much the frieze fair to say)

b
billypit 02.01.20

danene
This is because in windowed mode without frame sync is responsible for the DWM and enabled triple buffering.
When full screen mode is responsible for synchronizing the application or driver and triple buffering is not working.
Look, if the game is off sync and run in a window with no frame - tearing is still there.
How to fix the lag? For different applications different solutions (universal way) switch to a window without a frame is one of them.
For example here's a link to the guide from Durante for the Witcher 3. http://www.pcgamer.com/durantes-witcher-3-analysis-the-alchemy-of-smoothness/

d
danene 02.01.20

billypit
So the bottom line is that before such was not observed and the problem is present in almost all the games except Dark Souls 3,were seven, then ten, do not remember which build, then updated to the latest build (1607). By the way triple buffering by the way I tried to force in the driver settings - there is no sense.

d
danene 02.01.20

Pixelscat
Kolda new, Witcher and Shadow Warior 2

b
billypit 02.01.20

danene
Triple buffering does not force it through the driver is an option for opengl.
And third-party apps will not help to boost in the games at dh11,12. Only a window without a frame.
Mikey has recently moved to wddm 2.1, W 7,8 - wddm 1.3.
Take praimtaim schedule(time frame) in afterburner as a benchmark and try different combinations of settings VSYNC and limitations of fps.
Easier of course to have a universal solution, but on the PC it does not happen. A simple example I gave you the link above, as with other games. You need to find. But if you want it perfect.
And just play in window without frame - than not satisfied?
Well, or a monitor with gsync buy.

d
danene 02.01.20

billypit
So I actually play, but noticed that in games with continuous caching the world say the same the Witcher, appear podragivanija at the time of refilling, which is not in full screen mode. Came to the conclusion that if the app is in windowed mode it has a lower priority than full-screen mode. Passed in windowed mode without frame Deus Ex MD, in the open world was pretty serious lag in the same places, during loading the world, which again was not observed in fullscreen mode. Tried almost everything, but the same problem Google was not able. Most likely people just don't pay attention to it.

b
billypit 02.01.20

danene
Probably not tried everything)
If about caching, that is, advanced settings of Windows with which these problems are solved. But not always. That's why I said that there is no universal solution. Priority you can see in the Manager. He's unchanged as a rule.
You another reference. In some games podragivanija disappear. http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=389072
But after editing the registry note this post in the same topic http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4828729&postcount=108
Just remember to return the settings to the original if not helped. Otherwise, after nekotoroe time, Windows will be a pumpkin.)
Do often need to dig the solution for that specific game. If you want to of course, and some with 20 fps and play them all OK.
But simple query in Google will often refer to guide what some scalatron with the crazy tips.
Here's another good resource with subtle settings for games, sometimes it skips decisions. http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Home

PS. I do because you said that also noticed such podragivanija. But they are there when fps equals the refresh rate of the screen. Ie when you say 56 fps with the same 360 it is not. So I do not associate it with uploading. More to the inconsistencies of synchronization of sin. There is still trouble with some 59 and 60 Hertz. There is custom resolution utility helps. She recently updated to 1.3. Useful app, has so much in spite of simple appearance.) https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

d
danene 02.01.20

billypit
Read a bunch of articles, tried a bunch of programs and settings. The information that was able to produce: the problem is the place to be from windows 8 to 8.1 it fixed. 10 it is present every second, but hardly anyone pays attention to it, but still feels discomfort playing with v-sync and simply disables it (later claiming that it boosts the performance). Some do put forward crazy theories in the spirit: optics mouse is not fast enough to handle the movement and the essence of the problem is hidden in it. All the same, found a solution which makes the time frame is not afraid of the word perfect, on the Western forums use the phrase butter-smooth experience. I did not think that the solution is so close, and no one in Rus. forums never mentions. The bottom line is that you need to install Afterburner and Riva Tuner Static Server (RTSS) to set the limit of frames corresponding to the scan of the monitor (60 Hz in my case) and that was it. Read how it works: turns out it uses your frame buffer and tries to align the time and frequency frames. Perfect 16.3 MS, no jerks, twitching, etc. Maybe it wasn't a secret, but for me it's just opening), thanks for the help, I hope this information is useful.

PS by the Way many write about 59.9 and 60 Hertz. If the type on the desktop is 60 Hz, and 59.9 in the game starts appearing microsatelite (something like that). Tried to wind a custom resolution instead of the TV set monitor and even speed it up to 75герц, Yes, smoother, but twitches are still there, particularly noticeable in their Deus Ex, Fallout 4, and new the cold. With the above described method to finally play in full screen mode.

b
billypit 02.01.20

danene
Well, the durante guide from this approach. Only some of it is limit from 60 to 59 or 58.
To limit fps, there is still NVidia inspector. There are two limitations. If vidyuhi fresh - choose v2.
Here is a link on the topic. http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=409652

M
Moron Dark 02.01.20

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6239-DZCB-8600

e
erkins007 02.01.20

Also faced this problem. It completely solves the fastsync inclusion in the panel nvidia, but it works only on 10серии cards

d
danene 02.01.20

erkins007
Long planal graphics card to 1080 and the problem was solved by Locke in rtss fps mentioned above. The time frame becomes ideal.
PS. - fast sync and worked for 9 series.

e
erkins007 02.01.20

danene
Well, I also changed the card to 1070 and got a wild tear, fastsync helped to remove it completely

k
kolingzt 02.01.20

Who decided all games and programs do not work in full screen mode,and flicker and microbiz in all games ranging from pubg ending AAA games,even noticed fell the visibility in all the games,items like be on the move are drawn,and it is accompanied by the friezes

k
kolingzt 02.01.20

People are ready to pay for a solution , flicker and MicroProse just do not give to live

k
kolingzt 02.01.20

As if full screen is no problem,but that it interferes with work.problem in Windows 10 - 100%

X
X_ray_83 02.01.20

kolingzt
This is the problem of Nvidia drivers ! Here pick this rough scale firewood, because this problem a lot of years ))

k
kolingzt 02.01.20

Picking today it was there(before you read this post), all variants tried,does not work

S
Subaru MotorSports 02.01.20

kolingzt
Do a clean reinstallation of Windows 10 (1909) x64.