3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
prokofiev.denis 02.01.20 09:41 pm

Is it possible to gain RAM bars of different sizes?

All kind time of day. Now in my PC is 8 GB of RAM is now minimum for games.Want to expand to 16 GB, but there was such a question: memory typed rather clumsy, the modules 2GB + 2GB + 4GB(RAM just gradually added in 2011, since then have changed mother, percents, 3 vidyuhi), all of them from the producer hynix, and use the same frequency of 1600 MHz. Is it possible to add 8GB and they will work in single channel mode. or add 4 GB. to get dual channel mode according to the scheme 4-2-4-2?
63 Comments
Sort by:
N
N1KO 02.01.20

As far as I know, memory cannot be added, even of the same size and even the same line, same manufacturer and even if they agree on the frequencies )) can and will work, but it's possible that will work consistently and not have to make adjustments for voltage and timings. Of course, I may be wrong and hope that someone more knowledgeable will share their experience.

I take this opportunity to ask, is it possible to combine these straps together?
http://hard.rozetka.com.ua/memory/comparison/ids=357250%2C707114/

-
- Rick Sk1mmer - 02.01.20

prokofiev.denis
Is it possible to add 8GB
The most reasonable option for your particular case is to take the bar at 4Gb with the same voltage, frequency and timings that have existing laths on 4Gb, and it is highly desirable the same manufacturer. It will work in dukenuke - will. Only after installing it manually in the BIOS, check the RAM frequency, since many motherboards in the presence of different memory modules for compatibility set the small values of frequencies.

N1KО
Niko, is that you?) Well welcome. To combine them, and it is likely that they will infest and will work smoothly in х1канальном mode, but there is one caveat, the timings are different, so the speed will be at the level of the slowest of them.

S
Sergey Dobrovolskiy 02.01.20

I have two for 4 I took a BU set with two straps , then bought one for 8 , and everything works fine , the system has 12 GB , looking for the same manufacturer , but it turned out that 4 gigs is not released , was found on 8 exactly the same.

m
muromez 02.01.20

The main thing that compatible was...and how much do not care at all...I have one of the two and four Gigabyte together was...hard on the fps will not be affected...only the acceleration will ride then.

M
MunchkiN 616 02.01.20

if your computer supports dual-channel memory (and almost everyone supports this)
then either put. memory a+a volume. any memory a+a+b+b in accordance with the description of the slots of the Mat Board.
other combinations lead to loss of the double bandwidth but the memory itself may be of any size
in the case described in the topic of dual channel not working initially because of a+a+b so either you can put the memory B or the amount that any one that supports the Mat Board. if a Mat Board is old not the fact that it can support 8GB memory and any modern memory. if the Mat Board does not support those 8x4 32GB of total RAM, almost 100% that memory is 8GB it will not work properly.

N
N1KO 02.01.20

- Rick Sk1mmer -
Hi, I like) and the speed which will be faster?

p
prokofiev.denis 02.01.20

Thank you all for the advice. Not an old motherboard, Asus b85m-g, all the memory on the original hynix (blue PCB)

A
Anonimous777 02.01.20

You can of course. Only here the speed of the bars should all have the same desirable.

l
lookaway 02.01.20

MunchkiN 616
if you put a+a+a (12 GB) that dual channel mode is cut off? or the third strap will simply work in single channel?
the use of a combination be? and then I want to add 4GB, for it is not enough just a couple GB for the task.

M
MunchkiN 616 02.01.20

lookaway
to shut down all losses

M
MIBATOMIC 02.01.20

prokofiev.denis
You wrote:
All kind time of day. Now in my PC is 8 GB of RAM is now minimum for games.Want to expand to 16 GB, but there was such a question: memory typed rather clumsy, the modules 2GB + 2GB + 4GB(RAM just gradually added in 2011, since then have changed mother, percents, 3 vidyuhi), all of them from the producer hynix, and use the same frequency of 1600 MHz. Is it possible to add 8GB and they will work in single channel mode. or add 4 GB. to get dual channel mode according to the scheme 4-2-4-2?

Answer: In your case the ideal solution is 2 8Gb modules.
Let me explain why. 2x8's will work in any case better and faster the set that you have now. And you will get the desired 16GB.
But you need to find out:
1) your motherboard Supports the 8Gb modules or not.
2) If supported, the memory modules 8Gb should be exactly the same. Have the same manufacturer as malula and memory chips. And of the same frequency and timings. In such cases, it is easier to buy a KIT of 2 modules 8Gb
3) 2 8Gb modules will be less than the load power controller of the memory and memory bus than for example 2x4 +2x4.
4)the Paired modules will work in dual channel mode that in fact and in practice better than single channel mode but not a panacea.

J
Jjjja 02.01.20

All kind time of days now in my PC is 4GB RAM on my 2GB Quad-channel mode if I put one chip 8гиговый

K
KPAHbl4 02.01.20

help-prompt! there are 2 laths on 4GB in dual channel mode, 1866 from Corsair. I want to add another 8GB. it is necessary to put the same set or are there options?

A
Aktay 02.01.20

KPAHbl4 wrote:
help-prompt! there are 2 laths on 4GB in dual channel mode, 1866 from Corsair. I want to add another 8GB. it is necessary to put the same set or are there options?
It is desirable to put the same set in order to avoid different kinds of problems. Because it will earn any other two 4-gigs module are not identical with the one already will not tell nobody. And if you earn, then no one can guarantee the stability of the system. Another option is to buy 1*8 GB, but it is inherent in the problems described above, plus, even if it's working, and consistently, to the specified slot the module will linearly, passing the word dual. Best option consider selling their 2*4 GB with option to purchase set 2*8 GB

M
Mubareka 02.01.20

Sergei Dobrovolsky
if you have two 4GB and one 8GB, the sum should be 16, not 12GB, you have something wrong with memory

S
SuperLoh 02.01.20

And to put 8GB + 4GB, can I? Or will not work?

G
Godulon 02.01.20

I have so 4+4+4+4 in total sume a 16 gig 1600

N
Nemens 02.01.20

Of course there is! I tried it, nothing happened. Yes, write, what not.

r
rokamadur2011 02.01.20

Yeah, no, you're wrong. What's the comp? Can it work?

N
Nemens 02.01.20

I have DEPO Neos TH235, configuration, motherboard, etc - https://www.depo.ru/config_depo_c2190_i145536_m2.aspx same as everywhere else. Is 2 to 8 GB. Can not the computer to work on 4 and 8 GB for example.