3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
prokofiev.denis 02.01.20 09:41 pm

Is it possible to gain RAM bars of different sizes?

All kind time of day. Now in my PC is 8 GB of RAM is now minimum for games.Want to expand to 16 GB, but there was such a question: memory typed rather clumsy, the modules 2GB + 2GB + 4GB(RAM just gradually added in 2011, since then have changed mother, percents, 3 vidyuhi), all of them from the producer hynix, and use the same frequency of 1600 MHz. Is it possible to add 8GB and they will work in single channel mode. or add 4 GB. to get dual channel mode according to the scheme 4-2-4-2?
63 Comments
Sort by:
i
ivashjke 02.01.20

Hello! I have has two straps DD3 1600 4GB Samsung m378b5273ch0-ck0 in dual channel mode. Want to increase the amount of RAM, but the problem is that this memory is no longer produced and never sold. What happens if you buy two laths on 4GB another memory with more or less similar characteristics and place in the paired slots? Whether it will gain a new pair in dual channel mode? How it will relate to the previously installed Samsung?
Processor - AMD FX-8320, motherboard - Gigabyte 990XA-UD3

c
callmegod 02.01.20

ivashjke
If you put in the 1-3 slots will be dual channel mode. If in the 1-2-3 slots, is a three-channel mode (socket 1155). If 4 strips, then 1-3+2-4=dual channel (4канальный on a socket 2011 and AMD Threadripper). Ie will share a 2+2 planks= 2канал. Of course it is recommended to choose the same strap, even from the same series, but not necessarily. If to start, then all rules will be, and if not, then not. See compatibility on the website of the motherboard.

n
neosHAC 02.01.20

different size is possible but the main thing is to look at the frequency in megahertz, in short, they'll work on a frequency, which is the smallest which is inserted in a bracket...

F
FiLLoVeR 02.01.20

Hello, I study in Israel(on the programmer), decided to collect to myself a computer because laptops are not doing very well. And I decided to build it from shit and sticks. Do that first and the budget is limited to buying used parts. There are a few questions to the experienced guru's of this business: how to collect 12-16 gigs operative to work was more or less stable and the question on the subject of conventional memory, is it possible to put instead of one SSD or disk with a few Ouham memory smaller? Thanks in advance

i
ihappy 02.01.20

FiLLoVeR wrote:
how to collect 12-16 gigs operative to work was more or less stable
Buy straps and put. For example 8+8 or 4+4+4+4 )
Problems should not be.
FiLLoVeR wrote:
is it possible to put instead of one SSD or disk with a few Ouham memory smaller?
You can of course.

R
Ryazancev 02.01.20

ihappy
And the memory configuration.(4+4)+(2+2) forgot to write?
You can do a zoo to put, to set all at some frequencies, timings and voltage, only dual-channel mode will not.

i
ihappy 02.01.20

Ryazancev
Ryazancev wrote:
that's only for dual-channel mode will not.
Depends on the memory mate.Board. Can and will. It is not the time when this technology appeared.
Ryazancev wrote:
And the memory configuration.(4+4)+(2+2) forgot to write?
Damn. You are right))

t
typok12 02.01.20

ihappy wrote:
Depends on the memory mate.Board. Can and will.
DDR3 will be, and it is desirable so to put two laths on the channel.
DDR4 will also, but performance will be worse. It is better to put one strap on one channel.

Ryazancev wrote:
And the memory configuration.(4+4)+(2+2)
This should look. I put the options 2+1 and 1+1-2+2. In both cases there was a decreasing multiplier at the frequency. In games, they are pulling some extreme drops performance were observed. But probably better still in the normal version, especially now in 4K.

M
MagicHero 02.01.20

typok12
typok12 wrote:
DDR4 will also, but performance will be worse. It is better to put one strap on one channel.
WHAT WHAT WHAT is worse DDR4 DDR3 ha ha ha, and it is necessary to put the same level of the canal ))))))))) and maybe a half plank and then one like that much ))))))) what happens when a noob Locke learns more about the grades of RAM, will pour even more nonsense ))))))
typok12 wrote:
This should look. I put the options 2+1 and 1+1-2+2. In both cases there was a decreasing multiplier at the frequency. In games, they are pulling some extreme drops performance were observed. But probably better still in the normal version, especially now in 4K.
What is this mythical multiplier that was lower not enlighten??? and reveal the secret of 2 + 1 is not the best option because when volume 2 of modules in dukkanlar mode overflows connect 3-I strap, which of course will work in single channel mode.

t
typok12 02.01.20

MagicHero wrote:
DDR4 DDR3 is worse ha ha ha, and it is necessary to put the same level of the canal
You have a little think before writing your nonsense. :)
There is here the platform 2066, where as much as 4-d channel, and memory DDR4 is the same. Che are you talking about grades buhteli? ))))

M
MagicHero 02.01.20

typok12
OMG you're like the head turn? and then the socket 2066 I just commented on your nonsense about the fact that DDR4 is necessary to put the same level of the canal. If iron is ZERO everywhere why to write children's fantasy???
Judging from what you wrote above you don't understand even a simple as running the RAM in 2 channel mode, because you wrote nonsense about the fact that DDR4 is necessary to put the same level per channel and not understand the difference between 1+1 2+1 2+2 straps in the system, and even how the multiplier came up.

t
typok12 02.01.20

MagicHero wrote:
and then the socket 2066 I just commented on your nonsense about the fact that DDR4 is necessary to put the same level of the canal.
Well, as with? )))
It is the same DDR4, and four channel, three more times to repeat? ))
In the two years that would have us reeling before to argue with me on any subject, you need about it a little bit to read and understand.. it's better than constantly dying, or not? ))))
I'm not you, do not write what you do not know, what tried.

M
MagicHero 02.01.20

typok12
Come with your 4 channels and 2066 socket, he did not have a conversation.
You explain that this a nonsense
typok12 wrote:
typok12 wrote:
This should look. I put the options 2+1 and 1+1-2+2. In both cases there was a decreasing multiplier at the frequency.
Why is it necessary to put the same level of DDR4 on the channel and what is this mythical buck factor. as above you wrote
typok12 wrote:
I'm not you, do not write what you do not know, what tried.
So let's tell everyone here that as a Yes ))))))

t
typok12 02.01.20

MagicHero wrote:
So let's tell everyone here that as a Yes ))))))
Ask him he knows everything. :)
https://www.google.ru/?hl=ru

M
MagicHero 02.01.20

typok12
why would I Google? he answers to the nonsense does not, you yourself are the answer or that merged in the bushes, disgraced again ))))))

m
mr.podlecik 02.01.20

I stand 2 laths on 2 Giga DDR 3 1333 MHz if you remove one, but instead it put the bar too 8 gigs at 1333MHz with the same timings, the computer will see 10 gigs of RAM?or both to remove and to put one 8 gig advise how to be

m
masterjinx 02.01.20

MagicHero wrote:
when volume 2 of modules in dukkanlar mode overflows connect 3-I strap, which of course will work in single channel mode.
Whence infa? Details. Proof.
If the answer is clear - the theme just close))

S
SonyK_2 02.01.20

mr.podlecik
Even with different timings and frequency have to see the whole volume - the main thing that was normal the compatibility of the new module with the motherboard. And we must remember that when installing different modules, the system will work on the characteristics of the weakest.

m
masterjinx 02.01.20

All that we suggest that the type of Sort should, but specific answers nobody knows
1. If the two strips 2 and 8 GB - how much will be distributed speed dual-channel mode? (sort 4GB)
2. In what order will be filled straps? (sort the first 4GB of the two laths parallel to 2x channel mode and then the second strap on the 6GB single channel speed).
3. If you put a 3rd bar with a volume of 1GB when it begins to use the system? (sort last, after completing the 2 previous one, and thus single-channel speeds).
Links, tests, Mat.part....?

T
THEloooi 02.01.20

Good. I have a question .maybe true where missed..But ..can I put two laths ddr 2 2 GB and two 1GB?and how will it be?..the frequency is the same..