3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
prokofiev.denis 02.01.20 09:41 pm

Is it possible to gain RAM bars of different sizes?

All kind time of day. Now in my PC is 8 GB of RAM is now minimum for games.Want to expand to 16 GB, but there was such a question: memory typed rather clumsy, the modules 2GB + 2GB + 4GB(RAM just gradually added in 2011, since then have changed mother, percents, 3 vidyuhi), all of them from the producer hynix, and use the same frequency of 1600 MHz. Is it possible to add 8GB and they will work in single channel mode. or add 4 GB. to get dual channel mode according to the scheme 4-2-4-2?
63 Comments
Sort by:
J
Jurassickpark22 23.12.21

Brother help !! I already have 4 GB of RAM, the motherboard supports 64 GB maximum, can I put another 8 GB with the same frequency? (I only have two slots in my laptop) Help

k
kingston church 25.01.22

Good afternoon, I play MFS 2020, but I'm terribly short of RAM. I want to upgrade to 32 GB. The question arose about what bar to set, what timings and what frequency. If I understood correctly from the guide on devrockets, then I need something like DDR4, volume: 1 module per 16Gb, clock frequency: 2400 MHz, form factor: 288-pin DIMM, speed: PC-21300. How do I know for sure if it's right for me or not?

S
Space Marine 25.01.22

KingstonCherchel
And what kind of memory do you have now and in what quantity?